New Delhi, 23 March 2022 – The deadline for the Aaple Sarkar DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) or MahaDBT scholarship 2022 has been extended by the Government of Maharashtra. Interested candidates can now apply for a total of 38 post matric scholarships under the MahaDBT scheme till 31 March 2022 by visiting the Aaple Sarkar DBT Portal.
The application process for the MahaDBT scholarship scheme for 2021-22 started from 31 December 2021, and earlier, the window for MahaDBT scholarship renewal was only open till 31 January 2022. However, now, the deadlines for both scholarship renewal of existing scholars as well as for new application acceptance is extended to 31 March 2022.
MahaDBT Scholarship 2022 – At a Glance
|Name of Scholarship||Aaple Sarkar DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) or MahaDBT Scholarship|
|Launched By||Government of Maharashtra|
|MahaDBT Scholarship Eligibility||Students with Annual Family Income Less than INR 2.5 Lakh|
|MahaDBT Registration Last Date||31 March 2022|
|MahaDBT Scholarship Application Type||Online Application|
|MahaDBT Scholarship Benefit||Fee Reimbursement|
|MahaDBT Scholarship Application Portal||https://mahadbtmahait.gov.in/|
|Mode of Reimbursement||Direct Benefit Transfer|
|Application Types||Existing Scholarship Renewal and New Scholarship Applications|
MahaDBT Scholarship 2022 – Details
- There are a total of eight departments under the MahaDBT scholarship scheme offered by the Government of Maharashtra.
- A total of 38 scholarships are offered to students belonging to underprivileged sections of the society.
- Among the eight departments under the scheme:
- A total of 5 scholarships are offered by the Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance
- A total of 2 scholarships are offered by the Department of Minority Development
- A total of 2 scholarships are offered by the Directorate of Medical Education and Research
- A total of 4 scholarships are offered by the Department of Tribal Development
- A total of 13 scholarships are offered by the Directorate of Higher Education
- A total of 2 scholarships are offered by the Directorate of Technical Education
- A total of 8 scholarships are offered by the Department of VJNT, OBC & SBC Welfare
- A total of 2 scholarships are offered by the Department of School Education and Sports
Who is Eligible to Apply for MahaDBT Scholarship 2022?
Students who fulfill one of the following four criteria are eligible to apply for the scholarship:
- The student must have an annual family income of less than INR 2.5 lakh and should belong to the SC/ST category.
- The student must have an annual family income of less than INR 2.5 lakh and should be studying in a professional course.
- The students must be in Class 11 or 12 and should have secured 75% (or above) in Class 10. There is no income bar if this criteria is fulfilled.
- The student must have a physical disability of 40% (or above) and should be studying at a recognised university or institute.
Note: For all of the above criteria, the student must also be a native of the state of Maharashtra.
What Documents are Required to Apply for MahaDBT Scholarship 2022?
- Aadhar Card
- Domicile Certificate (proving the student is a naitve of Maharashtra)
- Educational Qualification Certificates
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Passport Size Photographs
- Admission Confirmation Slip
- Bank Account (Aadhar-linked)
How to Apply for MahaDBT Scholarship 2022?
To apply for the scholarship, please follow the given instructions:
- Visit the MahaDBT Portal – Mahadbtmahait.gov.in.
- Then, click on the new applicant registration button.
- After that, candidates can create new credentials (username and password) by entering their name and other details.
- Confirm mobile number to proceed (this step is mandatory).
- Finally, provide all the required information and upload the requisite documents to complete the registration.
- Take a print out of the registration form for future use.
For more information on all 38 scholarships offered under MahaDBT, please read: