Pragati Scholarship is a government scholarship scheme implemented by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Under this scholarship scheme, a total of 5,000 scholarships are disbursed every year among meritorious girl students for pursuing technical education. An amount of INR 50,000 per annum is given to the scholarship winners for every year. Since its inception in the year 2014-15, thousands of girl students have been benefitted from the Pragati Scholarship scheme.
Find below the highlights of the AICTE Pragati Scholarship.
Highlights of Pragati Scholarship
|1.||Rewards||INR 50,000 per annum|
|2.||Eligibility||Girl students admitted to the 1st year of diploma/degree programme|
|3.||Application period*||October-December (For the academic year 2023-24, the deadline is December 31, 2023)|
|4.||Application process||Apply online through the National Scholarship Portal|
*The application period is subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Now, read the complete details of the Pragati Scholarship mentioned below.
Pragati Scholarship – Rewards
The AICTE Pragati Scholarship rewards a total of 5,000 scholarships to girl scholars. The details of the Pragati Scholarship amount are highlighted below.
- The selected students receive INR 50,000 per annum for every year of study as a lump sum amount towards –
- Payment of college fees
- Purchase of books
- Purchase of equipment
- Purchase of laptops and software
- Purchase of desktops
Pragati Scholarship – Important Dates
The announcement date of the Pragati Scholarship varies from year-to-year.
- In the year 2020, the last date to apply for the Pragati Scholarship was 31st January 2021.
- In the year 2021, the last date to apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship was 30th November 2021.
- In the year 2022, the last date to apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship is 31st December 2022.
For more information, click here.
Pragati Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for the Pragati Scholarship, the girl candidates must be studying in an AICTE approved college/institution. The details of AICTE Pragati Scholarship eligibility criteria is given below.
- Applicants must be admitted to the 1st year or 2nd year (through lateral entry only) of technical diploma/degree programme of an AICTE approved college/institute in the current academic year through the centralised admission process of the State/Central Government.
- Two girls per family are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The annual family income of the applicant must not be more than INR 8 lakh during the preceding financial year. In case the applicant is married, the income of parents/in-laws is considered, whichever is higher.
Pragati Scholarship – Application Process
To help applicants in the application process, AICTE allows them to fill the Pragati scholarship application form through the NSP Portal. Follow the steps highlighted below to fill the application form.
- First, the applicants need to register themselves on the NSP Portal by clicking on the ‘New Registration’ button.
- Read the guidelines carefully and fill in all the details to complete the registration.
- After successful registration, the applicants will receive an application ID and password on their registered mobile number.
- Now, the candidates need to log in to the NSP Portal using their application ID and password to fill the Pragati application form.
- The applicants will be asked to change the password (a mandatory step).
- Thereafter, the applicants are required to fill the scholarship application form.
- The candidates must upload the scanned copies of the required documents and submit the application form.
Pragati Scholarship – Key Documents
There are a few necessary documents that the applicants must keep with them while filling the Pragati Scholarship application form. The candidates must upload the scanned copies of the following documents to complete their application process.
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Annual family income certificate of the preceding financial year in the prescribed format by Tehsildar or above competent Authority
- Admission letter issued by the Centralized Admission Authority to first-year Degree/Diploma programs for the current academic year
- The receipt of paid tuition fee for the current academic year
- Aadhaar seeded bank passbook showing the applicant’s name, account number, IFSC code and photo pasted at an appropriate place duly signed by the Manager with rubber stamp of the bank affixed on it
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/HOD as per the prescribed format
- Attested copy of caste certificate, in case the applicant is applying for SC/ST/OBC category
- A duly signed declaration by parents as per the prescribed format which states that the information provided by the applicant is correct and the scholarship amount would be refunded in case any false information is found at any stage
- Aadhaar card
- Applicant’s passport size photo
- Signature of the candidate
Pragati Scholarship – Selection Process
The applicants for AICTE Pragati Scholarship are selected on the basis of merit displayed by them in the qualifying examination for admission into the technical course of an AICTE approved college/institution.
- While selecting the candidates for the disbursal of the Pragati Scholarship, 15% of the total seats are reserved for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidates.
Pragati Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
There are a few terms and conditions that the candidates should keep in mind. Find the Pragati Scholarship terms and conditions highlighted below.
- Only the students who have taken admission in the first year of their degree/diploma program in the current academic year can apply for this scholarship.
- The scanned copies of the applicant’s passport size photo and signature must be uploaded in JPG/JPEG format while filling the application form. The file size of the photo should not be more than 200 kb and signature should not be more than 50 kb.
- Students admitted through management quota are not eligible to apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship.
- Applicants must have a general saving account in a bank. They cannot use FRILL/Minor/Joint account.
- Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) is used to directly transfer the scholarship amount into the selected candidate’s bank account.
- The scholarships for degree and diploma are transferable in event of non-availability of eligible applicants in any of the degree/diploma level programme.
Pragati Scholarship – Contact Details
In case of any query regarding the AICTE Pragati Scholarship, the applicants can send their queries on the email ID mentioned below.
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an aspiring candidate who wants to apply for Pragati Scholarship, click on this link for detailed information.
AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) is a statuary body, which works towards the integrated development of technical and management education. It also maintains the standard of technical education in the country.
List of State Scholarship portal are as follows:
Scholarships for Uttar Pradesh
Scholarships for Maharashtra
Post Matric Scholarships disbursements through ePass
Jnanabhumi online portal of Government of Andhra Pradesh
scholarship portal of Jharkhand
Government of Madhya Pradesh, MP scholarships
Karnataka education board, ePASS Karnataka
TS epass scholarship is offrering by Telangana Govt
Scholarship Portal Government of Punjab
E-Grantz portal, Government of Kerala
Minorities under Government of Karnataka, GOKDOM
Oasis scholarship portal, West Bengal scholarships
Chhattisgarh Scholarship Portal
SJE Rajasthan Scholarship Portal, Government of Rajasthan
Digital Gujarat scholarship, Government of Gujarat.
HP ePass scholarship portal, Himachal Pradesh
West Bengal Scholarship Schemes, West Bengal
Government of Bihar Post-Matric scholarship SC/ST/BC/EBC
|Scholarship for BC, MBC and Minorities, Govt of TamilNadu|
To read this article in Hindi, please click here
Comments are closed.