Aikyashree is a scholarship programme under WBMDFC (West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation), which is intended to support deserving students (at both school and college level) of West Bengal. Aikyashree Scholarship programme is operated by the Government of West Bengal and its subsidiary boards, who provide financial assistance to exemplary, worthy and impoverished students of the state to help them continue their higher studies.
WBMDFC started the Aikyashree Scholarship Programme for minority students (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis and Jains) in West Bengal to provide more socio-economic benefits and educational opportunities to them.
This is an end-to-end scholarship portal for WB minorities students. Students from Class 1 to PhD level can apply for various WB Government scholarship schemes through the WBMDFC Aikyashree Scholarship Portal.
This article will give the students a complete overview of Aikyashree scholarships, the application process, students’ eligibility, and the application period.
Aikyashree is a commendable online scholarship programme that awards the students belonging from financially poor backgrounds and minority communities. It is one of the most helpful programs by West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation that promotes talented students and supports them financially.
Fully funded by the West Bengal State Government, the Aikyashree scholarship supports the entire educational expenses of the deserving students. The monetary help includes hostel stay fees and free of cost school and college education for meritorious students.
Before any student applies for the Aikyashree scholarship programme, know the important details of this scheme.
Aikyashree Scholarship – Important Information
|Name of the Scholarship Programme||Aikyashree Scholarship (ঐক্যশ্রী স্কলারশিপ)|
|Launched by||West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (WBMDFC)|
|Ministry Name||Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education Department Govt. Of West Bengal|
|Launched in||West Bengal State|
|Launched for||Students belonging to Minority Community (Buddhist, Sikh, Jain, Muslim, Parsi & Christian)|
|Name of the Department||Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education Department|
|Scholarship Type||State Government scheme|
|Method of Application||Online|
|Eligible Courses||Class 1 to PhD Course|
|Application Start Date||1st August 2020|
|Application Closing Date||15th November 2020|
|Helpline Number||1800-120-2130 |
6290875550 (Technical Helpdesk)
|Helpline Email IDemail@example.com|
There are several scholarship programmes under West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation (WBMDFC). However, this corporation has chosen to set up the Aikyashree scholarship so that students from minority communities such as Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsee, Jain can avail financial upliftment from the State government.
Besides this reason, there are several other reasons why the Aikyashree scholarship programme was created. You will find a few of the reasons in the below list:
This scholarship will –
West Bengal Minorities’ Development and Finance Corporation, through Aikyashree Scholarship 2020 Portal, is providing students with 5 government scholarship schemes namely –
Aikyashree Scholarship Programmes
|West Bengal Pre- matric Scholarship||Students of Class 9 and Class 10 can apply for this scholarship programme. |
The chosen students can avail the scholarship amount ranging from Rs. 150 to Rs. 750 per month.
Besides the scholarship amount, the selected students get an additional Ad hoc Reward of up to Rs. 1000 per year.
|West Bengal Post-matric Scholarship||Students of Class 11, Class 12, Graduation, and Post-graduation can apply for this scholarship programme. |
This scholarship offers financial support to SC, ST and OBC students studying in post matriculation or post-secondary level.
The chosen students can avail the scholarship amount ranging from Rs. 160 to Rs. 1200 per month.
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal||This scholarship is intended for female students. |
The scholarship is only offered to students who have qualified class 12th from any board in West Bengal.
Female students seeking an undergraduate degree course in Basic Science/ Engineering/Medicine at any institute of West Bengal can apply for this scholarship programme.
The chosen students will get Rs. 3000 per month.
Besides the scholarship amount, the student will also get a yearly book grant of Rs. 2000.
|Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM)||This is a merit-cum-means based scholarship. |
Students from Class 11 to PhD level candidates can apply for this scholarship programme.
Financial support of up to Rs. 8000 per month is given to minority students depending on the level of education or program.
The distribution of this scholarship fund is mainly based on the student’s academic advantage and financial need.
|Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal||This scholarship is offered to assist and support students studying Hindi language in Non-Hindi speaking states like West Bengal. |
Students studying in higher secondary, undergraduate, postgraduate and research level courses (M.Phil., PhD or M.Lit. etc.) can apply for this scholarship.
The chosen students can avail the scholarship amount ranging from Rs. 300 to Rs. 1000 per month.
Every scholarship scheme under Aikyashree is provided by different departments under the State Government. You will find the provider details for all the scholarships in the below table:
|Name of Scholarship||Provider Name|
|Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, West Bengal||Government of West Bengal|
|West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal|
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal||Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS), Kolkata|
|Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal||Department of Higher Education, Science and Technology and Biotechnology, Government of West Bengal|
|West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal|
|Name of Scholarship||Application Period*|
|Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, West Bengal||July to September|
|West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC||September to November|
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal||May to July|
|Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal||October to December|
|West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students||September to November|
* The application session schedule may differ from year to year as per situation and discretion of the scholarship provider
The eligibility criteria are different for different types of Aikyashree scholarships. Students have to apply for the scholarships as per their education level.
West Bengal Pre-matric Scholarship (SC/ST Students)
West Bengal Post-matric Scholarship
Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal
Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM)
The student must be pursuing graduation in Engineering, Medical and Technical/Professional courses if they are not studying the general Undergraduate or Postgraduate level degree courses.
Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal
The Aikyashree scholarship amount is awarded to only those students who have scored more than 50% marks in their previous examination. The scholarship amount is granted to eligible students from the State Government fund. The scholarship amount is given to the beneficiaries under two groups – Day scholars and Hostellers.
Students can find below the detailed scholarship incentives in both categories.
|Types of Scholarship||Class of Study||Admission |
fee & tuition fee waiver
|Pre-Matric||6 to 10||Rs. 4400||Rs. 6600||Rs. 11,000|
|Post-Matric||11 and 12||Rs. 7700||Rs. 4200||Rs. 11,900|
|11 and 12 (technical and vocational courses of this level)||Rs. 11,000||Rs. 4200||Rs. 15,200|
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate||Rs. 3300||Rs. 6300||Rs. 9600|
|M.Phil.||Rs. 3300||Rs. 13,200||Rs. 16,500|
|Merit-cum-Means||Medical Engineering, Management, Law, Chartered Accountant, etc. courses||Rs. 22,000||Rs. 11,000||Rs. 33,000|
|Types of Scholarship||Class of Study||Admission |
fee & tuition fee waiver
|Pre-Matric||1 to 5||–||Rs. 1100||Rs. 1100|
|6 to 10||Rs. 4400||Rs. 1100||Rs. 5500|
|Post-Matric||11 and 12||Rs. 7700||Rs. 2500||Rs. 10200|
|11 and 12 (technical and vocational courses of this level)||Rs. 11,000||Rs. 2500||Rs. 13500|
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate||Rs. 3300||Rs. 3300||Rs. 6600|
|M.Phil.||Rs. 3300||Rs. 6000||Rs. 9300|
|Merit-cum-Means||Medical Engineering, Management, Law, Chartered Accountant, etc. courses||Rs. 22,000||Rs. 5500||Rs. 27500|
There are 2 categories of students who can attain Aikyashree scholarship:
In the table below, students will find detailed steps to fill and submit the Aikyashree application form. But to make things easier, Buddy4Study has compiled the appropriate application portal addresses for all the schemes and scholarships provided by Aikyashree scholarship programme.
|West Bengal Pre- matric Scholarship||The application can be sent via the portal http://oasis.gov.in/|
|West Bengal Post-matric Scholarship||The application can be sent via the portal http://oasis.gov.in/|
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal||The application can be sent via the portal https://jbnsts.ac.in/|
|Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM)||The application can be received via the portal www.wbmdfcscholarship.gov.in or https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in|
|Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal||The application can be sent offline to the following address: |
Scholarship & Stipend Section of Education, Directorate, West Bengal,
Bikash Bhawan, DF Block, Salt Lake Sector 1, Bidhannagar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091
To continue with the Aikyashree application process, students must follow the below steps:
Step 1 – Student Registration
2. Click on the New Registration
3. Select the District of your Institute
4. Enter the details like your Name, District, Guardians Name, DOB, Mobile Number, Email ID and Bank Account Number in the registration form
5. Now click on Submit and Proceed.
Step 2 – Scheme Eligibility
1. Enter the details in the scheme eligibility column on the webpage like the current institution, its location, class or course name, the last exam passed, name of the board, year of passing the last exam, percentage marks obtained, annual family income and email ID.
2. Check the details carefully and click on the Submit & Proceed tab
Step 3 – Registration Completion
1. After you complete the above step, a temporary User ID will be generated.
2. Check your email or inbox as the password will be sent there
Step 4 – Student’s Login
1. Login with Your User ID and Password on Student Log-In window
2. Enter the below-mentioned details:
3. For extra safety, change your password (it is mandatory) and click on Submit
Step 5 – Final Submission
1. Enter the details under Basic Information option
2. Click Submit and Proceed
3. Then enter the details under Academic Information option
4. Click Submit and Proceed
5. Fill Up Bank Account Information and verify
6. Finally, verify all the details by clicking the Pre-View tab
7. Click on Final Submit tab
Step 6 – Verification and Print Out
1. Carefully verify the details that you have entered in the previous step
2. After you are sure of the information that you have entered in the designated slots, take a printout copy of the application form
3. Submit the application form at the concerned institute along with a photocopy of your bank passbook containing bank account number and IFSC Code
Students who wish to enrol themselves and apply for Aikyashree scholarship must have the access to the necessary certificates and documents before moving ahead to the application process.
In case a student wants to renew his/her WBMDFC scholarship, he/she needs to follow the below steps:
1. Visit the official website for All Scholarship (Pre-Matric, Post Matric, MCM, TSP, SVMCM scholarship)
2. Click on the Renewal Application option, which will take you to a new window
3. Select your district and click OK on the dialogue box appearing on the screen
4. Log in by entering the application ID, date of birth, district and captcha code
5. Click Login
6. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the sent OPT and submit.
7. There will be two options – Renew Application and Withdraw Application. Click on Renew Application
8. Enter the asked details in the registration form like name, date of birth, email ID, parent’s name, gender, religion, etc.
9. Click on Submit and Next
10. Enter previous and current academic details
11. Click on Submit and Next
12. Check and verify your bank details like IFSC, bank and branch name, bank account number and name in the bank account as per passbook
13. Tick the confirmation box ‘I confirm that the bank account details are ok to the best of my knowledge & belief’
14. Click on Submit and Next
15. Upload the necessary documents with the form (your institute verification certificate)
16. Submit the application form by clicking Submit and Next tab
17. Finally, review the details before finally submitting the form
18. Click on Submit and Lock Renewal Application tab
19. A popup will be displayed asking if the details are correct. If they are, click on OK
20. Click on Print Renewal Application to get your application’s printout.
Students who received the West Bengal Minority Scholarship last year can apply for Aikyashree scholarship renewal application. The online renewal application for Aikyashree Scholarship 2020 started from 1st August 2020.
The last date to apply for the Aikyashree Scholarship Renewal Application is 15th November 2020. The date may get extended as per the current situation.
In case any student forgets his or her last year’s Aikyashree Scholarship Application ID and Password, they can retrieve it easily from the official website using their Registered Mobile Number, Date of Birth and Bank account number.
Students will find below the detailed steps to retrieve Aikyashree application ID or password:
1. Visit the official website of Aikyashree Scholarship
2. Click on the Student’s Login option.
3. Now click on the Forgot User ID / Password link on the login page.
4. Select the Scholarship Registration Year, Institution District, Registered Mobile No., Date of Birth, Bank Account Number / Application ID.
5. You will receive an SMS from WBMDFC, which will contain your Application ID and Password.
Only students belonging to minority communities such as Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Sikh, Jain, and Parsee can apply for this scholarship. The students studying from Class 1 to the PhD level can apply for this scholarship.
Only those students who are permanent residents of West Bengal can apply for this scholarship.
There are 5 scholarship schemes under Aikyashree:
Candidates must have passed with a minimum of 50% marks in their last annual exam; 75% marks in Secondary examination; 53% marks for honours in any postgraduate course; 55% marks in any professional course.
Aikyashree Scholarship amount depends on your course –
Students can contact the authorities through WBMDFC Helpline for Aikyashree Scholarship. Following are the contact details –
The last date to apply for Aikyashree scholarship 2020-21 is 15th November 2020.
No. No students from other States are eligible for this scholarship, the only exception being the ‘Hindi Scholarship Scheme’, for which the students belonging to other states who are current residents of West Bengal can apply.
The application deadline for various NSP scholarships is closing in the month of December. The…
NGO Scholarships – ‘NGO scholarships’ is a broad category of scholarships that are being offered…
The application deadline for a number of private or corporate scholarships will end in the…
J&K Scholarship acts as a sign of relief for domiciled students of Jammu and Kashmir…
Jnanabhumi is a highly credible online scholarship portal which is managed by the government of…
Scholarships for engineering students – Willing to pursue an engineering degree program? You must be…