Ishan Uday is a special scholarship scheme launched by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for the students of North Eastern Region (NER). Under Ishan Uday scholarship scheme, a total of 10,000 fresh scholarships are disbursed every year among NER students who are pursuing general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses. A monthly amount of up to INR 7800 is given to the scholarship winners every year until the completion of their degree course.
Find below the highlights of Ishan Uday Scholarship for NER.
Highlights of Ishan Uday Scholarship
|1.||Objective||To promote higher education and improve the gross enrollment ratio in the NE region|
|2.||Rewards||Up to INR 7800 per month|
|3.||Eligibility||Domiciled students of NER admitted to the 1st year of a degree course (general or professional)|
|5.||Application process||Apply online through NSP portal|
* The application period mentioned above is tentative and subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Now, read below the complete details of Ishan Uday scholarship started for North Eastern Region students.
Ishan Uday – Objectives
Started from the academic year 2014-15, the Ishan Uday scholarship scheme aims to encourage higher studies among economically weaker students and increase the enrollment ratio in the North East Region. Also, the UGC wants to promote professional education in the NE Region through the use of this scholarship scheme.
Ishan Uday – Rewards
Ishan Uday scholarship for NER disburses a total of 10,000 scholarships at the rate of up to INR 7800 per month every year to the selected students. The scholarship amount is paid to the selected candidates through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) mode into their bank accounts. The number of scholarships allocated to each North Eastern State is done on the basis of the population of the respective State (as per the latest Census report). The details of Ishan Uday scholarship amount are highlighted below.
- The students who are pursuing general degree courses are eligible to avail a scholarship amount of INR 5400 per month till the completion of their courses.
- A monthly scholarship amount of INR 7800 is given to those selected students who are pursuing technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
Ishan Uday – Key Dates
This NER scholarship is generally announced every year during the month of July and its deadline falls in the month of October. This application period is tentative. It varies from year-to-year. The deadline mentioned here is subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Ishan Uday – Eligibility Criteria
Ishan Uday scholarship can be applied by the candidates belonging to the North Eastern States of India. Find below the complete detail of Ishan Uday eligibility conditions.
- The applicants must have the domicile of the North Eastern states which comprise of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
- The candidates’ annual family income must not be more than INR 4.5 Lakh from all the sources.
- The candidates must have passed class 12 or equivalent in the preceding year of study for applications called for the current academic year.
- Also, the applicants must have secured admission in the 1st year of any degree course, including integrated courses, in any of the universities/colleges/institutes under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act, Deemed-to-be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC, State/Centrally-funded educational institutions, institutes of national repute and those institutes in which admission is made with AISHE code.
- Transgender students are also eligible to avail the benefits of Ishan Uday scholarship.
- Those students who are pursuing their studies through open universities are not eligible to apply for the Ishan Uday scholarship.
- Also, the candidates who have taken admission through management quota or availing any other scholarship or pursuing courses which do not lead to the award of a degree are not eligible for this scholarship.
Also read ‘Scholarships after 12th for College Students’ to know about the other scholarships that you can avail for pursuing undergraduate courses.
Ishan Uday – Application Process
The candidates who wish to avail the benefits of Ishan Uday scholarship can only apply online for the scholarship through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). The candidates are advised to keep with them all the necessary documents while applying for their desired scholarship scheme. Given below is a detailed description of how to apply for the scholarship.
- First, the fresh applicants need to register on NSP Portal as a new user by providing correct information.
- The applicants are required to provide information regarding their educational qualifications, Aadhaar Number, School/College Enrolment Number, Bank details, and State of Domicile while filling the registration form.
- The applicants’ application ID is generated on the basis of their domicile state. This application ID is also used as the ‘Login ID’ on NSP Portal and future references.
- Details like applicant’s name, date of birth, email ID, identification details and mobile number must be filled carefully.
- After filling the registration form, an OTP is generated using which the applicant must login and fill the scholarship application form. Applicants must upload all the necessary documents and submit the application form.
If you want to know more about the National Scholarship Portal (NSP), click here.
Ishan Uday – Key Documents
The students willing to apply for Ishan Uday scholarship need to keep with them the scanned copies some documents. Find below the list of these documents to be uploaded while filling the scholarship application form.
- Domicile certificates issued by a competent authority
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority
- Aadhaar card
- Marksheets/ annual progress report verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College, in case of renewal of the scholarship
Ishan Uday – Renewal
For the continuation of the Ishan Uday scholarship in the subsequent years, the Ishan Uday scholars need to fulfil the criteria mentioned below.
- The students applying for renewal must get promoted to the next class/level/semester.
- The awardees must display good conduct and maintain the prescribed attendance in order to get their scholarships renewed for the next year.
- Also, the candidates must note that the change of course of study is not permitted and in case the student changes his/her course, the scholarship stands forfeited.