PMSSS or Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme is a financial opportunity offered by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). PMSSS 2023, also known as AICTE JK Scholarship 2023.
The aim of PMSSS is to financially assist the students of the Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh regions. Here in this article, there is complete information on PMSSS. Read the details regarding course eligibility, awards, seat matrix, and application process.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – An Overview
|Name of the Scholarship
|Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme – PMSSS
प्रधानमंत्री विशेष छात्रवृत्ति योजना
|All India Council for Technical Education – AICTE
अखिल भारतीय तकनीकी शिक्षा परिषद
Lateral Entry For Diploma
|Up to ₹3,00,000
|Jammu and Kashmir & Ladakh
What is PMSSS Scholarship 2023?
The PM Special Scholarship Scheme is provided by the Jammu & Kashmir Government to assist students of these regions to pursue undergraduate studies in colleges outside the Union Territories. Only those students who have passed Class 12 from the Jammu and Kashmir board or the CBSE board in Jammu in the 2020-21 and 2021-22 academic years can apply for the scholarship this year. The candidates selected for this scholarship will avail academic fees and maintenance charges.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Courses List
There are various courses available under the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) 2023. Candidates can choose their preferred courses from the general, professional and medical streams under this scheme.
- General Stream – B.A./B.Com./B.Sc./B.Sc.(Hon.)/BBA/BCA etc.
- Professional courses – B.E./B.Tech. /B. Pharmacy /B. Architecture/Hotel Management & Catering Technology/ B.Sc.(Nursing).
- Medical Streams – MBBS / B.D.S./BAMS and Allied Medicinal Courses
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the PMSSS, the students must comply with the eligibility criteria. In case a student fails to comply with any of the below-mentioned PMSSS eligibility criteria, he/she may not avail of the scholarship opportunity.
- The students should be permanent residents of the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh
- Students who qualify for the national-level tests like NEET, JEE, CLAT, etc. are also eligible to apply
- The students must have passed class 12 from the J&K board or CBSE affiliated schools located in the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh
- The students must have passed 10+3 diploma from the Union Territories of J & K and Ladakh Polytechnic for admission in the 2nd year of registration. The counseling will be held subject to the vacancy in the previous academic year in the prescribed list of Institutions on the vacant seats of the Engineering category for batch 2020-21
- The reservation policy will be followed by UTs of the J&K and Ladakh regions
- The family income of a student should not be more than Rs 8 lakh per year
- Students must fulfill the minimum age limit and criteria as prescribed by the Institution/University
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Non-Eligible Candidates
If the candidates fall under the below-mentioned categories, they shall be considered non-eligible for the PM special scholarship programme.
- Students who didn’t apply through online registration on the AICTE Portal
- All the students that are enrolled in courses offered by Open University
- Students who have joined other than the allotted institutions
- Also, students that were absent during the counseling session
- Applicants that are availing benefits from any other Government/Non-Government scheme
- Students who have been admitted to the course through the Management quota
- The students who are taking admission through agents or NGOs
- All students who have joined a college other than those in the AICTE Portal
- The students that are pursuing any diploma/postgraduate programme
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Key Dates
The applications for PMSSS Scholarship 2023 are yet to be declared.
Note – The tentative application timeline for the PMSSS scholarship is between June to August.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – AICTE JK Scholarship Awards
The disbursement of academic fees and maintenance fees among the students is based on the availability of streams and seats. AICTE directly disburses the academic fee into the savings account of the students through the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) mode. Added to this, the maintenance fee of approximately ₹1 lakh is uniformly distributed to the students in ten equal instalments. The maintenance expenses include the hostel, mess, cost of books and other incidental charges, etc.
- General Degree (2,070 scholarships): Award up to ₹30,000
- Professional/Engineering /Nursing/Pharmacy/Agri. HMCT Degree (2,830 scholarships): Award up to ₹1,25,000
- Medical Degree – MBBS/BDS/ BAMS/BHMS (5,000 scholarships): Award up to ₹3,00,000
Note: Even if the institute’s total fee is more than the academic fee limit, AICTE or the institute will not reimburse the extra amount to the students.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Seat Matrix
As per Central Government Norms, students under the Physically Handicapped category (PwD) are provided with a 3% horizontal reservation. The seat matrix for other category students is mentioned below.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – How to Apply?
All the eligible candidates can apply for the Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme 2023 by filling out the PMSSS 2023 online registration form from the official website. Follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official AICTE website
- Click on the ‘PMSSS 2023 Registration’ tab
- Click on the tab ‘12th Registration (2023)’
- Fill in all the required details and click on Register
- After registration, sign in by using email ID and password
- Complete all the details, upload the required documents, and submit the form
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Registration Document List
The applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Passport Size Photograph
- Applicant’s Signature
- Domicile certificate of J&K
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Aadhaar Card
- Class 10 marksheet
- Class 12 marksheet
- Diploma certificate (for lateral entry students only)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Family Income certificate
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Selection Process
The students who wish to avail of the benefits under this PMSSS scholarship have to go through the following selection process.
1. Application Registration and Submission
The student has to register correctly to apply for the scholarship. After successful registration, the individual has to fill in the required details in the application form and submit it.
2. Document Verification and Choice Filling
The applicant is required to get his/her documents verified at the nearest Facilitation Centre with the original documents and upload them on the portal of the Facilitation Centre.
The choice-filling window will be available for only those students who have successfully registered and got their documents verified at the Facilitation Centre.
Online Counselling and Seat Allocation Confirmation
- The process of allotment of the seats will be done through online counseling only.
- No admission will be allowed in any circumstances without participation in online counseling and colleges available for choice filling.
- A list of Institutions/Universities where admissions are offered will be prepared and will be displayed in the applicant’s login for choice filling. Eligible applicants under the scheme are directed to choose the courses from these Institutions/Universities only.
- ‘No Scholarship’ will be paid to the applicants who will take admission in other than the list of Institutions/ Universities available on the portal of AICTE except MBBS/BDS /allied medicinal courses/Central/State Govt. for which supernumerary quota is not available.
- A merit list of candidates based on the marks obtained in CBSE/JKBOSE will be displayed well before the first round of counseling results.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Reservation Criteria
The reservation norms for the State of J&K in respect of SC, ST, and SEBC are followed for providing scholarship under the Scheme.
- ST (Scheduled Tribe) – 11% (for Gujjar & Backward, Leh District, Kargil District, Other ST category)
- SC (Scheduled Caste) – 8%
- SEBC (Socially and Economically Backward Classes) – 25% (Weak & underprivileged classes/social caste (OCS), Resident of the backward area (RBA), and Resident of adjoining actual line of control)
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – FAQs
How to correct PMSSS scholarship details?
There is no option to correct PMSSS scholarship details.
How to correct PMSSS scholarship filled details when found incorrect?
Only the Officer of the facilitation centre can edit the online application form, subject to the production of original documents in support of the candidate’s claim/request for editing.
Can I get double scholarship - PMSSS and National Scholarship?
A student can apply for as many scholarships as he/she wants. However, they can get only one scholarship at a time if they get selected.
When I will get next PMSSS scholarship ?
As the online registration portal of PMSSS has closed for this year, candidates can again apply for the scholarship next year.
When will AICTE be giving PMSSS scholarship to students?
Eligible students will be given PMSSS scholarships after they join college (either in online or offline mode).
When will the Round 2 allotment be made?
Round 2 allotment will be made if and only if the confirmation and freezing of the allotted seat for 1st round of counselling is less than 5000.
Is attending online counselling mandatory for eligible students for availing benefits under PMSSS?
Yes. Students must attend online counselling in the General/Professional/Engineering/Medical stream to take admission through centralised counselling and avail benefits under PMSSS.
I have passed 10+2 in Commerce stream. Am I eligible for Engineering?
No. However, you are eligible for the Commerce stream under the General course.
To which facilitation centre should I go for document verification?
Students can visit any of the nearest facilitation centres established by Govt. of UTs of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. They can check the list of facilitation centres in the above article.
Is there any Helpline No./E-mail/Grievance Mechanism for PMSSS Scholarship Queries?
Yes. Candidates can call on (011)-29581043/07/08/51/10/09 (from 9.30 AM to 5.30 PM Monday to Friday) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org on all working days for any queries.