PMSSS or Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme is a financial opportunity offered by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). PMSSS 2021-22, also known as AICTE JK Scholarship 2021-22 is meant for the students of the Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh region. The application process of the PMSSS scholarship started on 6th September 2021 and the portal closed on 21st September 2021.
- What is PMSSS Scholarship 2021?
- PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Important Highlights
- PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Important Dates
- PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Courses List 2021
- PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
- PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Non-Eligible Candidates
- PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – AICTE JK Scholarship Awards
- PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Seat Matrix
- PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – How to Apply for PMSSS 2021?
- PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Registration Document List
- PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Selection Process
- PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Reservation Criteria
- PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – FAQs
- How to correct PMSSS scholarship details?
- How to correct PMSSS scholarship filled details when found incorrect?
- Can I get double scholarship - PMSSS and National Scholarship?
- When I will get next PMSSS scholarship ?
- When will AICTE be giving PMSSS scholarship to students?
- When will the Round 2 allotment be made?
- Is attending online counselling mandatory for eligible students for availing benefits under PMSSS?
- I have passed 10+2 in Commerce stream. Am I eligible for Engineering?
- To which facilitation centre should I go for document verification?
- Is there any Helpline No./E-mail/Grievance Mechanism for PMSSS Scholarship Queries?
What is PMSSS Scholarship 2021?
The PM Special Scholarship Scheme is provided by the Jammu & Kashmir Government to assist students of these regions to pursue undergraduate studies in colleges outside the Union Territories. Only those students who have passed Class 12 from the Jammu and Kashmir board or the CBSE board in Jammu in the 2019-20 and 2020-21 academic years can apply for the scholarship this year. The candidates selected for this scholarship will avail academic fees and maintenance charges.
PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Important Highlights
Before any student begins with the scholarship application process, he/she must know the important details of this scheme.
PMSSS Scholarship – Important Information
|Name of Provider||All India Council for Technical Education – AICTE|
अखिल भारतीय तकनीकी शिक्षा परिषद
|Name of the Scholarship Programme||Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme – PMSSS|
प्रधानमंत्री विशेष छात्रवृत्ति योजना
|Launched in||Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh|
Lateral Entry For Diploma
PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Important Dates
Students who want to apply for the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme 2021 must know the important dates related to it. They must fill up the online scholarship application form before the last date.
|Commencement of PMSSS online registration||6th September 2021|
|Closing date of PMSSS online registration||15th September 2021|
|Online Verification of Certificates of Registered candidates at Nearest Verification Centers||10th to 20th September 2021|
|Choice Filling Options Open for candidates whose Documents have been verified||14th to 24th September 2021|
|Publishing of Provisional Merit List on Portal||22nd September 2021|
|Document re-verification at Verification Centers Centers (Grievance Redressal against the candidate’s subject to Provisional Merit list)||23rd to 24th September 2021|
|Publishing of Merit List on Portal||27th September 2021|
|Seat Allocation through Online Counselling: Mock trial (This gives a tentative idea as to which course you are likely to get allotted based on your rank & choice)||28th September 2021|
|Choice Filling||28th to 30th September 2021|
|Seat Allocation through Online Counselling: Round 1 Allotment||4th October 2021|
|Confirmation from the candidate against the seat allocation||4th to 10th October 2021|
|Seat Cancellation for the candidates who have not given any confirmation||11th October 2021|
|Joining of the College (Online or Offline Mode) (Seat allocation will be automatically cancelled after 21 October 2021)||4th to 21st October 2021|
|Choice Filling against Round 2||22nd to 25th October 2021|
|Seat Allocation through Online Counselling: Round 2 Allotment||27th October 2021|
|Confirmation from the candidate against the seat allocation||27th to 28th October 2021|
|Seat Cancellation for the candidates who have not given any confirmation||29th October 2021|
|Joining of the College (Online Mode)||27th October to 5th November 2021|
Note: Candidates must note that the calendar of events is tentative and is subjected to change due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Courses List 2021
There are various courses available under the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) 2021. Candidates can choose their preferred courses from the general, professional and medical streams under this scheme:
- General Stream – B.A./B.Com./B.Sc./B.Sc.(Hon.)/ BBA/BCA etc.
- Professional courses – B.E./B.Tech. / B. Pharmacy /B. Architecture/Hotel Management & Catering Technology/ B.Sc.(Nursing).
- Medical Streams – MBBS / B.D.S./BAMS and Allied Medicinal Courses
PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the PMSSS, the students must comply with the eligibility criteria. In case a student fails to comply with any of the below-mentioned PMSSS eligibility criteria, he/she may not avail the scholarship opportunity.
The important eligibility requirements of this scholarship scheme are:
- The students should be permanent residents of the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Students who qualify for the national level tests like NEET, JEE, CLAT, etc. are also eligible to apply.
- They must have passed class 12 from the J&K board or CBSE affiliated schools located in the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh
- They should have passed 10+3 diploma from the Union Territories of J & K and Ladakh Polytechnic for admission in the 2nd year registration. The counselling will be held subject to the vacancy in the previous academic year in the prescribed list of Institutions on the vacant seats of the Engineering category for batch 2020-21.
- The reservation policy will be followed by UTs of the J&K and Ladakh regions.
- The family income of a student should not be more than Rs 8 lakh per year.
- Students must fulfil the minimum age limit and criteria as prescribed by the Institution/University.
PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Non-Eligible Candidates
If the candidates fall under the below-mentioned categories, they shall be considered non-eligible for the PM special scholarship programme.
- Didn’t apply through online registration on AICTE Portal
- Are enrolled in courses offered by Open University
- Joined other than the allotted institutions
- Were absent during the counselling session
- Are availing benefits from any other Govt./Non-Govt. scheme
- Got admission to the course through the Management quota
- Are taking admission through agents or NGOs
- Joined a college other than those in AICTE Portal
- Are pursuing any diploma/postgraduate programme
PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – AICTE JK Scholarship Awards
The disbursement of academic fees and maintenance fees among the students is based on the availability of streams and seats. AICTE directly disburses the academic fee into the savings account of the students through Public Financial Management System (PFMS) mode. Added to this, the maintenance fee of approximately INR 1 lakh is uniformly distributed to the students in ten equal instalments. The maintenance expenses include hostel, mess, cost of books and other incidental charges, etc.
Candidates can find the detailed information about the scholarship rewards in the table below:
|Scholarship For Stream||Number of Scholarships||Academic Fee Limits|
|General Degree||2070||Up to INR 30,000|
|Professional/Engineering /Nursing/Pharmacy/ Agri. HMCT Degree||2830||Up to INR 1,25,000|
|Medical Degree – MBBS/BDS/ BAMS/BHMS||100||Up to INR 3,00,000|
Note: Even if the institute total fee is more than the academic fee limit, AICTE or the institute will not reimburse the extra amount to the students.
PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Seat Matrix
As per Central Government Norms, students under the Physically Handicapped category (PwD) are provided with a 3% horizontal reservation. The seat matrix for other category students are:
PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – How to Apply for PMSSS 2021?
All the eligible candidates can apply for Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme 2021-22 by filling the PMSSS 2021-22 online registration form from the official website. They just need to follow the simple steps mentioned below:
1. Visit the official AICTE website
2. Click on the ‘PMSSS 2021-22 Registration’ tab
3. Click on the tab ‘12th Registration (2021-22)’
4. Fill in all the required details and click on Register
5. After registration, sign in by using email ID and password
6. Complete all the details, upload the required documents and submit the form
PMSSS 2021 Process
PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Registration Document List
- Passport Size Photograph
- Domicile certificate of J&K.
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Aadhaar Card
- 10th Class Mark sheet
- 12th Class Mark sheet
- Diploma certificate (for lateral entry students only)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Family Income certificate
PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Selection Process
The students who wish to avail of the benefits under this PMSSS scholarship have to go through the following selection process –
1. Application Registration and Submission
The student has to register correctly to apply for the scholarship. After successful registration, the individual has to fill in the required details in the application form and submit it.
2. Document Verification and Choice Filling
The applicant is required to get his/her documents verified at the nearest Facilitation Centre with the original documents and upload them on the portal of the Facilitation Centre.
The choice filling window will be available for only those students who have successfully registered and got their documents verified at the Facilitation Centre.
Online Counselling and Seat Allocation Confirmation
- The process of allotment of the seats will be done through online counselling only.
- No admission will be allowed in any circumstances without participation in online counselling and colleges available for choice filling.
- A list of Institutions / Universities where admissions are offered would be prepared and will be displayed in the applicant’s login for choice filling. Eligible applicants under the scheme are directed to choose the courses from these Institutions/ Universities only.
- ‘No Scholarship’ will be paid to the applicants who will take admission in other than the list of Institutions/ Universities available on the portal of AICTE except MBBS/ BDS /allied medicinal courses/Central/State Govt. for which supernumerary quota is not available.
- A merit list of candidates based on the marks obtained in CBSE/JKBOSE will be displayed well before the first round of counselling results.
PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – Reservation Criteria
The reservation norms for the State of J&K in respect of SC, ST and SEBC are followed for providing scholarship under the Scheme:
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||11%|
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||8%|
|SEBC (Socially and Economically Backward Classes)||25%|
PMSSS Scholarship 2021 – FAQs
How to correct PMSSS scholarship details?
There is no option to correct PMSSS scholarship details.
How to correct PMSSS scholarship filled details when found incorrect?
Only the Officer of the facilitation centre can edit the online application form, subject to the production of original documents in support of the candidate’s claim/request for editing.
Can I get double scholarship - PMSSS and National Scholarship?
A student can apply for as many scholarships as he/she wants. However, they can get only one scholarship at a time if they get selected.
When I will get next PMSSS scholarship ?
As the online registration portal of PMSSS has closed for this year, candidates can again apply for the scholarship next year.
When will AICTE be giving PMSSS scholarship to students?
Eligible students will be given PMSSS scholarships after they join college (either in online or offline mode).
When will the Round 2 allotment be made?
Round 2 allotment will be made if and only if the confirmation and freezing of the allotted seat for 1st round of counselling is less than 5000.
Is attending online counselling mandatory for eligible students for availing benefits under PMSSS?
Yes. Students must attend online counselling in the General/Professional/Engineering/Medical stream to take admission through centralised counselling and avail benefits under PMSSS.
I have passed 10+2 in Commerce stream. Am I eligible for Engineering?
No. However, you are eligible for the Commerce stream under the General course.
To which facilitation centre should I go for document verification?
Students can visit any of the nearest facilitation centres established by Govt. of UTs of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. They can check the list of facilitation centres in the above article.
Is there any Helpline No./E-mail/Grievance Mechanism for PMSSS Scholarship Queries?
Yes. Candidates can call on 011-29581043/07/08/51/10/09 (from 9.30 AM to 5.30 PM Monday to Friday) or email at email@example.com on all working days for any queries.