The application deadline for Post-Matric, MCM (Merit-cum-Means) and Top-Class scholarship schemes available of the National Scholarship Portal has been extended till 20th January 2021. Earlier, the last date to apply was 31st December 2020. The Government of India along with its different subsidiary departments had announced a number of scholarship schemes in the month of August to support the education of students from different strata of life. Furthermore, the last date for the institutions to verify the applications received for these scholarships has also been extended till 5th February 2021.
Given below is the list of scholarships for which the deadline has been extended till 20th January 2021. The students who find themselves eligible for the scholarship can apply for them within the stipulated timeline.
- Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS
- Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with Disabilities
- Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
- Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students – Scholarship (Formally Top-Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students) – only for scholarships
- NEC Merit Scholarship for NER Region
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF
- ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region
- PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (1st and 2nd Rank Holders)
- PG Scholarship Scheme for SC ST Students for Pursuing Professional Course
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls for Technical Education
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled Students for Technical Education
Step-Wise Application Process
The students can follow the simple steps given below to make a successful application for any of these scholarships –
Step 1: Visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal(NSP).
Step 2: Click on the ‘New Registration’ button to register on the portal. If already registered, make a login using registered application ID and password.
Step 3: After successful log in, proceed further with the scholarship application. Fill the application form and upload all relevant documents.
Step 4: Submit the application.