NSP Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 10-11-2022 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
NSP Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2022-23 is an initiative for the Class 11 to Ph.D. students of minority communities. The scholarship is being offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. The scholarship will be awarded for studies in India in a Government or private school including residential Government institutes and eligible private institutes that have been selected and notified by the respective State Government and Union Territory administration in a transparent manner. The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses. The selected candidates will receive admission/tuition fees and maintenance allowance.
NSP Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2022-23
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- belong to the minority community (Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Jain, and Zoroastrian/Parsi)
- be studying in Class 11,12, graduate, postgraduate, technical or vocational courses, M.Phil. or Ph.D. degree
- Have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grades in the previous final examination
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 2.5 lakh from all the sources
The selected candidates will receive the scholarship in the following way -
Rate of Scholarship Admission and Tuition Fee -
- Admission and tuition fee Class 11 and 12 - INR 7,000 per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of 11 and 12 level (Courses of one or more years of duration) - INR 10,000 per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Admission and tuition fee for UG & PG level - INR 3,000 per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
Maintenance Allowance -
- For Class 11 and 12 including Tech. & Voc. Course* - INR 380 per month for Hosteller & INR 230 per month for Day Scholar
- For Courses other than Tech. & Prof. courses at UG & PG level* - INR 570 per month for Hosteller & INR 300 per month for Day Scholar
- For M.Phil & Ph.D.* - INR 1,200 per month for Hosteller & INR 550 per month for Day Scholar
*Note - For 10 months in an academic year.
- Domicile Certificate
- Student Photograph
- Self Declaration of minority community certificate by the student
- Self-attested copy of previous academic marksheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Scanned copy of Aadhaar Card enrollment/Aadhaar Card
- Income certificate issued by designated state/UT authority
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother/father
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Now click on 'Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23'.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Closing Date: 30th November 2022
Last date for Defect Verification: 15th December 2022
Last date for Institute Verification: 15th December 2022
The candidates will be selected through the following criteria -
- Fresh Application - Weightage will be given according to the financial need of the applicant rather than the marks obtained. In case the family income and the marks of the two applicants are the same, the result will be generated according to the ‘Date of Birth’ and preference will be given to the senior applicant.
- Renewal Application - The scholars will be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship if they have obtained 50% in the previous year’s examinations in the same course and at the same institute. The applicants' application must be verified by all authorities (as designated by the Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.
Terms and Conditions
- A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available Scholarships of the Central Government meant for SC/ST/OBC/minority.
- The students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Financial assistance will be given to pursue graduate-level or postgraduate-level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution.
- The students who get admission in technical/professional courses without taking any competitive examination will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have secured not less than 50% marks in the last qualifying exam at higher secondary/graduation level in case of Fresh Scholarship only. The selection of these students will be done strictly on a merit basis.
- The Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family (applicable for all three Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- The students should be regular in attendance for which the criteria will be decided by the competent authority of the institutions.
- The institute shall certify the claim of a student as an outstation student on the basis of the permanent address and address of the parent who does not reside in the hostel of the institution concerned.
- Migration of students from one school/institute to another is not allowed for renewal applicants during the period of an academic course.
- If a student violates the institution’s discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled.
- The State Government/Union Territory Administration can directly cancel the award if duly satisfied with the reasons for violation of the regulations governing the scheme.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, the scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered by the concerned State/UT Government. The student shall also be blacklisted and debarred for scholarship in any scheme forever.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scheme will not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- The regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
- The scholarship will not be paid for the period of internship in the M.B.B.S. course or for practical training in other courses if the student is in receipt of some remuneration during the internship period or some allowance/stipend during the practical training in another course.
Note - For detailed information, kindly refer to the 'Scheme Details' document.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by July, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by MD SHAHNAWAZ HAIDAR SECTION OFFICER,DDE on 07-Jan-2022
s akhil on 20-Jan-2022
We would request you to register at Buddy4Study and complete your profile to get access to matching scholarships.
Asked by Sagarika SARKAR on 10-Dec-2021
s akhil on 13-Jan-2022
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria specified in the scholars.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more