Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India, invites applications for Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2020-21 from the first and second rank holders of graduation courses across the country. The scholarship aims to encourage talented girls and boys towards post-graduation education and assist them in their expenses.
Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be below 30 years of age.
- Be studying in a post-graduation course from any affiliated university (central/state) or deemed universities/ private universities / 25 autonomous colleges / non-affiliated colleges
- Be a rank holder (Ist or IInd) in the previous graduation exam.
- Have completed graduation in one of the following disciplines: Life sciences, physical sciences, chemical sciences, earth sciences, mathematical sciences, social sciences, commerce or languages
- Have scored a minimum of 60% of marks in graduation.
The scholarship will provide the financial aid of INR 3,100 per month for the duration of two years.
The applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Attested copy of university's undergraduate degree
- Certificate of matriculation
- Verification certificate issued by the institute where the student has taken admission at PG level
- Scanned copy of Aadhaar card/enrollment
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship announcement date: 30th August 2020
Scholarship closing date: 20th January 2021
Last date for defect verification: 05th February 2021
Last date for Institute verification: 05th February 2021
Terms and Conditions
- The students will have to submit proof of their merit position at the undergraduate level as well as their admission in postgraduate courses.
- The amount of scholarship will be directly transferred to the student's account through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer).
- The scholarship can be renewed during the period of postgraduate course subject to the good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance by the applicant.
- Any kind of change in course is not permitted under this scheme.
- The students who have been awarded Post-Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders will not be debarred from accepting any other scholarships.
- The maximum age limit for the applicants is 30 years at the time of admission in post-graduation.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by Shriya Pandey on 01-Feb-2021
Dimple Thapa on 04-Feb-2021
The scholarship amount is given on monthly basis for two years.
Asked by MUHAMMED SHAMEEM MP on 21-Jan-2021
Dimple Thapa on 25-Jan-2021
The applications for rank holders scholarship offered by UGC can be made through the National Scholarship Portal.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more