NSP Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 26-07-2022 Posted By : Salma
NSP Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2022-23 is an initiative for physically disabled students from Class 11 to postgraduate level. The scholarship is being offered by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India. The key objective of the scholarship is to support students with disabilities in their studies and prepare them to earn their livelihood and find a dignified place for themselves in society. The selected candidates will receive maintenance allowance, book grant, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees and disability allowance.
NSP Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2022-23
To be eligible, the applicant must -
- be an Indian national
- be studying from Class11 to postgraduation from any university recognized by UGC/AICTE
- Have more than 40% disability certified by the competent authority
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 2.50 lakh
- Employed students whose income does not exceed that of the scholarship amount can apply for this post-matric scholarship. Students pursuing their courses by correspondence are also eligible.
- 50% of scholarships are reserved for female candidates.
The selected scholars will receive financial assistance as follow -
Groups Hostellers (Maintenace Allowance in INR) Day Scholars (Maintenace Allowance in INR) Group 1 - All postgraduate degree/diploma courses recognized by UGC/AICTE in any discipline 1,600 750 Group 2 - Professional courses leading to degree/diploma, a certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B.Pharma), LLB, BFS, other para-medical branches like Rehabilitation, Diagnostics, etc, Mass Communication, Hotel Management and Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality, Interior Decoration, Nutrition and Dietician, Commerical Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking Insurance, Taxation, etc.) 1,100 700 Group 3 - All other courses leading to a Graduate degree not covered under Group 1 and 2 e.g. B.A., B.Sc., B.Com. etc. 950 650 Group 4 - All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class 10) e.g. Senior Secondary Certificate (Class 11 and 12), both general and vocational stream, ITI course, 3-year Diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc. 900 550
Note - The scholarship is given for the study of recognised post-matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognised institution, the list of courses grouped (1 to 4) is only illustrative and not exhaustive. Thus, the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations are themselves competent to decide the appropriate grouping of courses at their level.
Disability Allowances -
Type of Disability Amount in INR (per annum) Visually Impaired 4,000 Hearing Impaired 2,000 Physically Disabled (OH) 2,000 Intellectual Disabilities 4,000 All other types of disability not covered under above 2,000
Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees -
The scholars will be paid enrolment/registration, tuition, games, union, library, magazine, medical examination, and such other fees compulsory payable by the scholars to the institution or University/Board.
The maximum fees ceiling for the post-matric scholarship may be renewed.
Book Allowances - INR 1,500 per annum
- Photo of the applicant
- Certificate of previous academic marksheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Age proof certificate
- Income certificate of the family
- Bank account details
- Disability certificate
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Now click on 'Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23'.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email Id.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Closing Date: 31st October 2022
Last Date for Defect Verification: 15th November 2022
Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th November 2022
The following factors will be taken into consideration for selecting the scholars -
- Fulfilment of eligibility conditions
- Number of slots available to the State
- Recommendation of the State Education Department
- Academic merit of the candidate in the qualifying examination
Note - In the case of tie-in marks obtained by the students, the selection will be based on the percentage of disability. Furthermore, if a tie still prevails, the age will be taken into consideration and the older candidate will get the preference.
Terms and Conditions
- The candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in a different subject are not eligible.
- The scholarships are not awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's course and private pilot license course.
- If a candidate is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statements, the scholarship will be cancelled immediately and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered at the discretion of the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India. The student concerned will be blacklisted for any scholarship scheme.
- The scholarship will be cancelled if the scholar changes the subject of the course of study for which the scholarship was originally awarded.
Note - For more information, kindly refer to the "Scholarship Guidelines" document.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more