PG Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
University Grants Commission (UGC) invites applications for PG Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2020-21 from candidates pursuing a postgraduate course in professional subjects. The scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to the deprived students to pursue postgraduate level studies in professional subjects.
PG Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
Candidates adhering to following criteria can apply:
- The candidate must belong to the SC/ST category.
- The candidate must be pursuing the first year of a professional course at the postgraduate level during the current academic year.
- The candidate must be studying in any of the following Institutions/ Colleges/Universities:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of UGC Act
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and are eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC
- Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/State Government
- Institutes of National Importance
Note: Courses that need approval from the regulatory bodies such as MCI, DCI, PCI, RCI, NCTIS, NCTE Bar Council of India, AICTE, ICAR, INC, Forensic Regulatory & Development Authority of India, are considered as professional courses.
1000 SC/ST students will be selected for the disbursal of the scholarship. ME/M.Tech. students selected under this scholarship scheme will receive INR 7,800 per month for the duration of their PG course. Students studying other professional courses will get INR 4,500 per month as the scholarship amount.
Documents How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship closing date: 20th January 2021
Last date for defect verification: 05th February 2021
Last date for Institute verification: 05th February 2021
Terms and Conditions
- This scheme is meant only for SC/ST students. General Category/ OBC candidates are not eligible to apply under the scheme.
- Candidates pursuing a post-graduate course in professional subjects through correspondence or in Distance Education mode are not eligible to receive financial assistance under this scheme.
- The awardees are only eligible to receive a scholarship amount.
- Only students pursuing the first year of postgraduate course during the current academic year are eligible to apply.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more