NEC Merit Scholarship for Students of NER 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 05-10-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
NEC Merit Scholarship for Students of NER 2023-24 is a scholarship scheme offered by the North Eastern Council (NEC), Ministry of Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from the North Eastern Region (NER) of India to pursue higher professional courses in recognized Indian institutions. The selected candidates will receive up to INR 30,000 per annum.
Source: National Scholarship Portal
NEC Merit Scholarship for Students of NER 2023-24
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must -
- be a permanent resident of one of the Northeastern states (Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura)
- have taken admission in a diploma/degree/postgraduate course OR
- be registered to an M.Phil. or Ph.D. programme
- have secured a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate
- have passed HSLC/HSSLC/Secondary School Leaving/Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate examination from a recognized State/Central Board (for diploma courses)
- have passed HSSLC/Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate examination from a recognized State/Central Board (for degree courses)
- have passed a degree level examination in any discipline (B.A./B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.B.B.S./LLB/BCA/BBA etc.) of any recognized institute/university (for postgraduate courses)
- hold a PG degree from any recognized University (for M.Phil./Ph.D. programme)
- have an annual family income of less than INR 8,00,000 from all sources
The selected students will receive the scholarship under this scheme as per the rates given below:-
- For diploma level courses - INR 20,000 per annum
- For degree level courses - INR 22,000 per annum
- For PG courses - INR 25,000 per annum
- For M.Phil/Ph.D. degree - INR 30,000 per annum
- Permanent residence certificate issued by the Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/Sub-divisional officers of civil sub-divisions in the North Eastern States except Sikkim where Certificate of Identification (COI) is issued by the respective Deputy Commissioner in the Govt. of Sikkim to its Permanent residents (Note:- A certificate from any other authority will not be accepted.)
- Income certificate issued by the Competent Authority
- Bank account passbook (Note:- Account must be in the name of the applicant.)
- Marksheet of previous qualifying examination
- Synopsis signed by the project guide/director(Research) or any official authorised by the Institute/University in the case of M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates
How can you apply?
Eligible students can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note: If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration' tab.
Step 4: Read the details carefully, tick the checkbox and click on the 'Continue' button.
Step 5: Enter mobile number, captcha code, and OTP, then submit.
Step 6: Fill in the required details and click on 'Save & Register' to complete the registration process.
Step 7: Now click on the 'Fresh Application' tab and log in using the application ID and password.
Step 8: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents and submit the application.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Deadline: 31st December 2023
The scholarship will be provided purely on a merit basis. The candidates will be selected following the below-mentioned procedure -
- There will be two levels of verification of the application. The first level of verification is at the institute level and the second level of verification will be done by the Nodal Officer nominated for the purpose by the respective NE State Governments.
- The selection of students for M. Phil and Ph. D. programmes will be done based on the topic of research/synopsis which has relevance to the problems/issues related to the North Eastern Region.
- The merit list will be prepared exclusively on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying exams and complying with the level-of-course-wise slots allotted to the states. (Note -The merit lists will be drawn from the finally verified applications as per the scheme guidelines and after following the laid down procedure on the NSP.)
- In case of a tie, preference shall be given to the candidate having a lesser family income.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will not be available for an internship or any practical training.
- The Nodal officer will have the right to accept or reject the application or mark it as defective.
- There will be no reservation/quota on the basis of category/religion/gender.
- The scholarship will be disbursed to selected students by NEC directly in their provided and verified bank accounts using DBT mode as per the extant guidelines.
- The students must ensure that the bank account should be in their name and linked to aadhaar.
- The bank account should be kept operational/active till the complete tenure of the scholarship.
- The North Eastern Council (NEC) shall not be responsible in case the scholarship amount is not credited due to payment failure at the bank level.
Application Renewal -
- A student selected for a scholarship shall be eligible for receipt of the scholarship for the entire period of the course or as per prescribed limits through the renewal process.
- There will be no merit list generation for renewal applications.
- The renewed scholarship will be disbursed to all eligible and duly verified applications by NEC directly in their verified bank accounts using DBT mode as per the extant guidelines.
- The renewal request of students who have changed their subject of study will not be entertained if the students have availed the scholarship for the previous course or part of it.
- Every renewal of the scholarship is for a period of one academic year only, if not otherwise specified.
- All existing and eligible beneficiaries of the scholarship are required to fill up the renewal form on NSP every year during their entire course period.
- The beneficiary must pass in the particular year or be promoted to the next semester/year to avail scholarship under the renewal category.
- In case the students are not promoted to next year or have backlog papers pending against their name for more than one year, they shall not receive the scholarship for the remaining course period.
- Any break in scholarship during the entire course period shall make the beneficiary non-eligible for further receipt of the scholarship for that specific course. In such a case, the applicants shall not be provided with an option to make renewal applications in subsequent years. However, the student may apply as a fresh applicant, upon securing admission in any advanced course at a later stage.
Note - For more information, kindly go through the 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Dear Mam/Sir, since there is no option for NEC scholarship scheme, how selecting post metric scheme will work for this particular scholarship?
Asked by Kiran Rai on 19-Nov-2021
Dimple Thapa on 30-Nov-2021
Kindly visit our website and apply it according to your eligibility.
Sir/ Ma'am, I am trying to apply for NEC schoarlship but the only two scheme options i get are Pre-metric and Post metric/top class/mcm. what to do?
Asked by Suraj Soram on 03-Oct-2021
Dimple Thapa on 20-Oct-2021
Since the NEC Merit Scholarship is meant for studies at the post-matriculation level, you need to select 'post-matric in the options given.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more