NEC Merit Scholarship for Students of NER 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The North Eastern Council (NEC) under the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, Government of India invites applications for NEC Merit Scholarship for Students of NER 2020-21 from students pursuing diploma/degree/postgraduate/MPhil/PhD programmes. The scholarship aims at providing financial aid to students of North-Eastern Region undergoing studies in various disciplines at a recognized Indian institution. The students will receive a stipend of up to INR 30,000 per annum.
NEC Merit Scholarship for Students of NER 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must -
- Be a permanent resident of any of the North-Eastern states (Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura)
- Get admission in diploma, degree, postgraduate, MPhil or PhD programme
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 8 lakh from all sources
- Have passed HSLC/HSSLC/Secondary School Leaving /Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate examination from a recognised State/Central Board with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (For Diploma courses)
- Have passed HSSLC/Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate examination from a recognised State/Central Board with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (For Degree courses)
- Have passed a degree level examination in any discipline (BA/BSc/BE/B Tech/MBBS/LLB/BCA/BBA etc.) of any recognized Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (For Postgraduate courses)
- Hold a PG degree from any recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (For MPhil/PhD programmes)
The selected students will receive stipend under this scheme as per the rates given below -
- For diploma level course - INR 20,000 per annum
- For degree level course - INR 22,000 per annum
- For PG courses - INR 25,000 per annum
- For M.Phil/PhD - INR 30,000 per annum
- Permanent residence certificate
- Recommendation by the Head of Institution
- Undertaking for not availing any other scholarship
- Marksheets of the qualifying examination
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of Aadhar Card/first page of bank passbook/PAN card/Email id/Ration Card/Birth Certificate etc.
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship announcement date: 16th August 2020
Scholarship closing date: 20th January 2021
Last date for defect verification: 05th February 2021
Last date for Institute verification: 05th February 2021
Selection will be based on their overall merit and academic performance of the candidates.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will not be available for internship or any
- A student shall only be considered for a scholarship in the year of commencement of his/her course. For the subsequent year of course, only renewal will be allowed.
- A sponsored candidate under full employment during the period of study or working/in-service candidates shall not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
- The scholarship for M.Phil. will be available for 2 years and for PhD scholarship shall be for 3 years.
- There will not be any reservation/quota on the basis of category/religion/gender.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by Irshad Kasana on 07-Feb-2021
Atin Bera on 20-Feb-2021
Sanjay Singh on 10-Feb-2021
I have submitted my college and bank account details.But I am unable to submit my markscard and it showing "submit your application" . Shall I wait for approval or did any mistakes.
Asked by Mangaal Ningthoujam on 18-Sep-2020
Irshad Kasana on 07-Feb-2021
VANDANA Gupta on 03-Jan-2021
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more