NEC Merit Scholarship for Students of NER 2021-22
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
NEC Merit Scholarship for Students of NER 2021-22 is an initiative for students pursuing a diploma/degree/postgraduate/M.Phil./Ph.D. programmes. The scholarship aims at providing financial aid to students of the North-Eastern Region undergoing studies in various disciplines at a recognized Indian institution. The students will receive a stipend of up to INR 30,000 per annum.
NEC Merit Scholarship for Students of NER 2021-22
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must -
- Be a permanent resident of any of the North-Eastern states (Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura)
- Get admission in diploma, degree, postgraduate, MPhil, or Ph.D. programme
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 8 lakh from all sources
- Have passed HSLC/HSSLC/Secondary School Leaving /Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate examination from a recognized State/Central Board with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (For Diploma courses)
- Have passed HSSLC/Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate examination from a recognized State/Central Board with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (For Degree courses)
- Have passed a degree level examination in any discipline (B.A./B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.B.B.S./LLB/BCA/BBA etc.) of any recognized Institute/ University with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (For Postgraduate courses)
- Hold a PG degree from any recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (For M.Phil./Ph.D. programmes)
The selected students will receive stipend under this scheme as per the rates given below -
- For diploma level course - INR 20,000 per annum
- For degree level course - INR 22,000 per annum
- For PG courses - INR 25,000 per annum
- For M.Phil/PhD - INR 30,000 per annum
- Permanent residence certificate
- Recommendation by the Head of Institution
- Undertaking for not availing any other scholarship
- Marksheets of the qualifying examination
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of Aadhar Card/first page of bank passbook/PAN card/Email ID/Ration Card/Birth Certificate etc.
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Post Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship Closing Date: 15th January 2022
Last Date for Defect Verification: 31st January 2022
Last Date for Institute Verification: 31st January 2022
The selection will be based on their overall merit and academic performance of the candidates.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will not be available for internship or any
- A student shall only be considered for a scholarship in the year of commencement of his/her course. For the subsequent year of course, only renewal will be allowed.
- A sponsored candidate under full employment during the period of study or working/in-service candidates shall not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
- The scholarship for M.Phil. will be available for 2 years and for PhD scholarship shall be for 3 years.
- There will not be any reservation/quota on the basis of category/religion/gender.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Dear Mam/Sir, since there is no option for NEC scholarship scheme, how selecting post metric scheme will work for this particular scholarship?
Asked by Kiran Rai on 19-Nov-2021
Dimple Thapa on 30-Nov-2021
Kindly visit our website and apply it according to your eligibility.
Sir/ Ma'am, I am trying to apply for NEC schoarlship but the only two scheme options i get are Pre-metric and Post metric/top class/mcm. what to do?
Asked by Suraj Soram on 03-Oct-2021
Dimple Thapa on 20-Oct-2021
Since the NEC Merit Scholarship is meant for studies at the post-matriculation level, you need to select 'post-matric in the options given.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more