Special Scholarship Scheme Ishan Uday for NER 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 17-01-2024 Posted By : Disha Bhatt
Special Scholarship Scheme Ishan Uday for NER 2023-24 is an initiative of the University Grants Commission (UGC) under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, for Class 12 passed students of the North-Eastern Region of India. The scholarship aims to promote higher education and increase GER (Gross Enrollment Ratio) in the NER states. Under this program, 10,000 fresh scholarships are awarded every year and selected candidates will receive ₹8,000 per month for 10 months in a year.
Source: National Scholarship Portal
Special Scholarship Scheme Ishan Uday for NER 2023-24
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must:-
- be an Indian citizen
- be a domicile of the North-Eastern Region (NER)
- have passed Class 12 (or equivalent) in the preceding year from a school situated within NER through a recognised Board of Education including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
- have secured admission in the first year of a general degree/technical/professional/medical/paramedical course (Integrated courses included) in a recognised college/university/institute in India
- have an annual family income below ₹4,50,000 from all sources
- For students of integrated degree courses, the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course.
- For dual degree courses, the scholarship will only be tenable for the tenure of the first degree.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
- Students admitted through ‘Management Quota’ are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must not be availing benefits under any other scholarship from any other source.
- In case, a student is granted two scholarships simultaneously, they may have the choice to select either of these and their preference should be formally communicated to the awarding authorities through the Head of their Institutions.
A total of 10,000 selected candidates will receive ₹8,000 per month for 10 months in a year.
Note:- The amount of the scholarship will be paid through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate of the applicant issued by the competent authority
- Proof of family annual income issued by the competent authority
How can you apply?
Eligible students can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note: If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration' tab.
Step 4: Read the details carefully, tick the checkbox and click on the 'Continue' button.
Step 5: Enter mobile number, captcha code, and OTP, then submit.
Step 6: Fill in the required details and click on 'Save & Register' to complete the registration process.
Step 7: Now click on the 'Fresh Application' tab and log in using the application ID and password.
Step 8: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents, and submit the application.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Deadline: 15th January 2024
The candidates will be selected considering the following criteria -
- The distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done based on the population census (last).
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to the non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
Note - Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
Terms and Conditions
- After selection, the awardees will be paid scholarship on DBT mode.
- The list of awardees will be pushed to Public Financial Management System (PFMS) by the NIC.
- PFMS will generate payment files based on the nomenclature of the course being pursued by the awardee (general degree/technical/ medical/ professional/paramedical). Payments will be generated on annual basis.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by October, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by Nglei Bgm on 27-Oct-2020
Dimple Thapa on 28-Oct-2020
yes, you can follow the below link and apply for the given scholarship if meet the eligibility criteria.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more