Special Scholarship Scheme Ishan Uday for NER 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The University Grants Commission (UGC) under MHRD, Government of India invites applications for the Special Scholarship Scheme Ishan Uday for NER 2020-21 from Class 12 passed students of North-Eastern Region. The scholarship aims to promote higher education and increase GER (Gross Enrollment Ratio) in the North-Eastern Region. Under this program, 10,000 fresh scholarships are awarded every year.
Special Scholarship Scheme Ishan Uday for NER 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must:
- Have a domicile of North-Eastern Region (NER)
- Have passed Class 12 (or equivalent) in the preceding year
- Have secured admission in the first year of a general degree/ technical/ professional/ medical/ paramedical courses in a recognized College/University/Institute
- Belong to a family where annual income does not exceed INR 4.50 lakh from all sources
A total of 10,000 scholarships are given every year. The scholars will receive:
- INR 5,400 per month, if studying in a general degree course
- INR 7,800 per month, if studying in a technical, medical, professional, paramedical courses
Note: The amount of the scholarship will be paid through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
Following are the documents required at the time of application:
- Domicile certificate of the applicant (issued by the competent authority)
- Proof of family annual income (issued by the competent authority)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship announcement date: 16th August 2020
Scholarship closing date: 20th January 2021
Last date for defect verification: 05th February 2021
Last date for Institute verification: 05th February 2021
- The distribution of scholarships across different states of NER depends on the population census of the last year, and if the slot remains vacant, that will be transferred equitably to other states.
- There will be 3% reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) as per the norms of Government of India.
Terms and Conditions
- For renewal of the scholarship, the annual progress report should be uploaded along with the continuation of studies verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College.
- For integrated degree courses, the scholarship is tenable for the complete duration of the course.
- For dual degree courses, the scholarship is only tenable for the tenure of the first degree.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by Nglei Bgm on 27-Oct-2020
Dimple Thapa on 28-Oct-2020
yes, you can follow the below link and apply for the given scholarship if meet the eligibility criteria.
Asked by Bini Das on 17-Oct-2020
Julekha Khatun on 18-Oct-2020
Do not know
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more