Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 05-10-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) for RPF/RPSF 2023-24 is a scholarship scheme for the wards and widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel who want to pursue higher technical and professional education. The scheme is funded by the National Defense Fund and is administered by the Ministry of Railways. A total of 150 scholarships are being offered under this scheme. The selected boy candidates will receive financial assistance of INR 2,500 per month and girls will receive INR 3,000 per month.
Source: National Scholarship Portal
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be a dependent ward of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel or widow
- be pursuing a regular professional or technical degree course (B.E, B.Tech, MBBS, MCA, BCA, B.Pharma, B.Ed, BBS, BCA, MCA, etc) in an institution recognised by the Government Regulatory Bodies such as the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Medical Council of India (MCI), University Grants Commission (UGC), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) etc. (Note - Only the Institutes/Universities/Colleges having All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) regulation will be permissible.)
- have secured 60% and above marks in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. Class 12, diploma/graduation
Note - The scholarship is admissible for only two wards per family and should be ensured by the beneficiaries as well as by the concerned zonal Railways/RPSF.
The scholarship provides financial assistance of INR 3,000 per month for girls and INR 2,500 per month for boys.
The scholarship is payable for the entire duration of the course, or up to a maximum of 5 years, whichever is earlier.
Note - The payment of the scholarship will be granted after approval of the DG/RPF as per the order of merit in each year.
For Fresh Applicants:-
- Service certificate issued by respective offices of the serving personnel for category IV (As per Annexure II)
- A copy of PPO/Discharge certificate/book for Categories I, II and III
- Scanned copy of the marksheet/grade card of MEQ i.e. Class 12/diploma/graduation (as the case may be)
For Renewal Applicants: -
- Latest service certificate issued by respective offices of the serving personnel for category IV (As per Annexure II)
- Scanned copy of the previous class marksheet/grade card/proof of up gradation to next class issued by the competent authority
How can you apply?
Eligible students can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note: If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration' tab.
Step 4: Read the details carefully, tick the checkbox and click on the 'Continue' button.
Step 5: Enter mobile number, captcha code, and OTP, then submit.
Step 6: Fill in the required details and click on 'Save & Register' to complete the registration process.
Step 7: Now click on the 'Fresh Application' tab and log in using the application ID and password.
Step 8: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents and submit the application.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Deadline: 31st December 2023
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of eligibility criteria. If the number of applications exceeds the number of available scholarships, the order of preference for allotment of scholarships will be as under -
- Category 1:- Wards/widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel who died in harness due to causes attributed to encounters with terrorists or with criminals while protecting railway property, passengers, and passenger areas or those who died during election work
- Category 2:- Wards/Widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel who died while in service
- Category 3:- Wards of ex-RPF/RPSF (retired) personnel
- Category 4:- Wards of serving RPF/RPSF personnel
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship scheme is tenable for one to five years depending on the duration of the course.
- 50% of the scholarships are reserved for female candidates. In the case of any shortfall in the fresh cases, the scholarship numbers will not be adjusted for girls/boys.
- The scholarships will be disbursed to selected students in their respective bank accounts through the Public Finance Management System (PFMS) under the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
- PMSS can be availed for one course only.
- If a student granted a scholarship based on the statement made in the application at any subsequent date is found to be incorrect in any respect, all the remaining scholarship will be forfeited and no application from the ex/serving RPF/window would be entertained in future.
- There will be no renewal of the scholarship for students who do not pass the current class in the same academic year or discontinue the course.
Note - For more information, kindly go through the ' Scholarship Guidelines'.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more