Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Ministry of Railways, Government of India is offering Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2020-21 for the wards and widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel. The selected candidates shall receive a scholarship of up to INR 2,250 per month.
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a dependent ward of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel or widow
- Have secured 60% and above marks in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. class 12, Diploma/Graduation
- Be pursuing a professional or technical degree course (B.E, B.Tech, MBBS, MCA, BCA, B.Pharma, B.Ed, BBS, BCA, MCA, B. Pharma, etc) recognized by respective government authorities like AICTE, MCI, UGC, NCTE, etc.
Note: Only two wards per family can receive benefits under this scholarship and they should be ensured by the beneficiaries as well as by the concerned zonal railways/RPSF.
A total of 150 scholarships will be disbursed under this scheme. The amount of scholarship would be as follow:
- INR 2,000 per month for male students
- INR 2,250 per month for female students
Note: The payment of scholarship will be granted after the approval of the DG/RPF as per the order of merit in each year.
Following documents shall be uploaded while applying for the scholarship online:
- Service Certificate issued by respective offices of the serving personnel for category 4.
- A copy of the PPO/discharge certificate/book for Categories 1, 2, and 3.
- Duly attested scanned copy of the mark-sheet/Grade card of 10+2/ diploma/graduation.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender; write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Fill in Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly; no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship announcement date: 16th August 2020
Scholarship closing date: 20th January 2021
Last date for defect verification: 05th February 2021
Last date for Institute verification: 05th February 2021
The preference will be given to students in the following order -
- Category 1: Wards/Widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel who died in harness
- Category 2: Wards/Widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel who died while in service
- Category 3: Wards of ex-RPF/RPSF (retired) personnel
- Category 4: Wards of serving RPF/RPSF personnel
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship scheme is tenable for one to five years depending on the duration of the course.
- 50% of the scholarships are reserved for female candidates. In the case of any shortfall in the fresh cases, the scholarship numbers shall not be adjusted from girls/boys.
- The scholarships will be disbursed to selected students in their respective bank accounts through the Public Finance Management System (PFMS) under the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
- PMSS can be availed for one course only.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more