NSP Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS (Minorities) 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Ministry of Minority Affairs is inviting applications for NSP Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS (Minorities) 2020-21 from minority community students who are pursuing technical or professional courses at undergraduate or postgraduate level. The scholarship aims at providing suitable financial assistance to meritorious and underprivileged students belonging to minority communities so as to enable them to pursue technical and professional courses.
NSP Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS (Minorities) 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Must belong to Minority communities (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Parsis/Zoroastrians)
- Must be pursuing a technical or professional course at undergraduate or postgraduate level from a recognised institution
- Must have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination
- Must belong to the family where the annual income is not more than INR 2.50 lakh from all the sources
- Must get admission on the basis of the competitive entrance examination or must have scored at least 50% in class 12 or graduation (in case of direct admission)
- Course fee (for Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 20,000 per annum or actual, whichever is less
- Maintenance allowance for Hostellers: INR 1,000 per month for 10 months in an academic year
- Maintenance allowance for Day Scholars: INR 500 per month for 10 months in an academic year
- Domicile Certificate
- Student Photograph
- Self Declaration of minority community certificate by the student
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card
- Income certificate issued by designated state/UT authority
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother/father
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship announcement date: 16th August 2020
Scholarship closing date: 20th January 2021
Last date for defect verification: 05th February 2021
Last date for Institute verification: 05th February 2021
The selection of the candidates will be based on their academic merit and financial means.
Terms and Conditions
- 30% of scholarships are earmarked for girls students of each minority community in a State/UT that can be transferred to male students in case of non-availability of female students.
- The full course fee will be reimbursed for 85 listed candidates.
- The continuance of award is subject to candidate's securing 50% marks in previous year's examination.
- The award shall discontinue if the student fails to secure 50% marks in the previous examination.
- The scholarship will not be given to more than two students of a family.
- Having regular attendance is required.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by Sumanth Edumudi on 06-Apr-2021
Dimple Thapa on 13-Apr-2021
To check the status of your applied scholarship, we would request you to log in to the NSP dashboard using your application id and password. Once logged in, you can check the status of the scholarship applied.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more