Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
University Grants Commission is inviting applications for the Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020-21 from girl students of up to 30 years of age who happen to be the only girl child in their families. The scholarship aims to promote girl education and compensate for the direct costs of girl education to all levels.
Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a girl student of up to 30 years of age
- Be the only child of the family
- Have taken admission in regular, full-time 1st-year Masters degree programme in any designated university or a postgraduate college
Note: Girl students having no brother or girls who are twin daughters/fraternal daughter are also eligible.
A total of 3,000 scholarships will be awarded to girl students from across the country. An amount of INR 36,200 per annum will be provided for a duration of 2 years or the full duration of the postgraduate course.
Note: No additional grant will be payable to the students.
The following documents required to be submitted:
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card
- Student photograph
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheets
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Affidavit regarding single girl child status as prescribed
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship announcement date: 16th August 2020
Scholarship closing date: 20th January 2021
Last date for defect verification: 05th February 2021
Last date for Institute verification: 05th February 2021
Terms and Conditions
- This scholarship is not applicable to students pursuing postgraduation through distance education.
- The host institution needs to verify the candidate's online application.
- All the disbursals of the scholarship will be governed by the Aadhaar Act, 2016.
- All the incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- Those students who fail to get promoted to the next class/level will forfeit the scholarship.
- UGC will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of this scholarship scheme.
- The students will not be permitted to change the course after the award of the scholarship.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
I took PG admission for 1st year in February-2021. When I can apply for this scholarship can you please inform me.
Asked by Smitha K M on 04-Feb-2021
Dimple Thapa on 11-Feb-2021
If you are the only girl child in your family, you should have applied for this scholarship this year only. Since the applications for this scholarship have been closed, you can look up other postgraduate scholarships.
My single girl child scholarship form for postgraduate is submitted but there is no portion at me uploaded the documents and when its result will be declared?
Asked by MAULI PATEL on 23-Jan-2021
hemajyothi bethamsetti on 09-Apr-2021
hi iam hema jyothi..i applied on 2018 how can i check my results
Dimple Thapa on 08-Feb-2021
The applications for this scholarship have been closed. We will advise wait for two to three months for the declaration of results.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more