Saksham Scholarship Scheme is an initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India and implemented by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The scheme is especially meant for students with disabilities and aims to support and encourage them in pursuing technical education. Every year, 1,000 disabled students get an opportunity to study further and prepare for their successful future with the help of Saksham Scholarship scheme.
When and how can a student apply for Saksham scholarship scheme? What eligibility conditions are required to be fulfilled for the scholarship? What kind of financial assistance is provided under this scheme? Find answers to all these questions in detail in this article. It acquaints you with all relevant information related to Saksham scheme including its eligibility, application process, award details, documents required and contact details. However, to start with, here is a brief overview of the scholarship for your reference.
Saksham Scholarship Scheme – An Overview
|1.||Name of the scholarship||AICTE Saksham Scholarship Scheme|
|2.||Provider details||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|3.||Place of study||AICTE approved institutions in India|
|4.||Level of study||Technical diploma/degree courses|
|5.||Application timeline*||Between August and November (for the academic year 2019-20, the deadline was 08 October 2019)|
|6.||Number of scholarships||1,000 (500 for degree course & 500 for diploma course)|
|8.||Term of the scholarship||One academic year|
|9.||Application process||Apply online through the official portal of AICTE|
*The application timeline mentioned above is tentative and may change on the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Saksham Scholarship Scheme – Key Eligibility
AICTE has set certain eligibility conditions for students to fulfil to be eligible for Saksham scholarship scheme. These conditions are based on a student’s academic qualification, level of disability and financial need. However, the selection of candidates is made entirely on the basis of merit obtained by them in the qualifying examination. Mentioned below is detailed eligibility criteria for Saksham scholarship scheme –
- The scholarship is only open for students with disability.
- The level of disability should be less than 40%.
- The annual income of the family should be less than INR 8 Lakh from all sources.
- The students must have taken admission in the first year of technical diploma/degree course at an AICTE recognised institution in India.
Saksham Scholarship Scheme – Application Process
The application process for Saksham scholarship scheme is available online. Every year, the AICTE invites applications from eligible students through its online portal within the stipulated application time period. To make the application procedure easy and convenient, here is a detailed step-by-step description of how a student can apply for this scholarship –
Step 1: Visit the dedicated official portal of AICTE for Pragati & Saksham scholarship schemes.
Step 2: To begin with the registration process, click on ‘Register Here’ button.
Step 3: Fill in all required details and register to create a new profile.
Step 4: After successful registration, the applicants will receive a confirmation email link on their registered email id. Click on the link to confirm the registration.
Step 5: Login again to the portal by using the registered email id and password.
Step 6: Fill in the application form with information like personal details, family and income details, institution details, education details, and bank details.
Step 7: Upload all necessary documents in support of your application.
Step 8: Finally, submit the application form.
Saksham Scholarship Scheme – Documents Required
Given below is the list of documents that are required to be attached while applying for the Saksham scholarship. The applicants should make sure that all documents scanned are in .jpg/.pdf/.png format. Also, it is advisable to ascertain that the size of the document is less than the size specified in the online application.
- Mark sheet of class 10/SSC examination
- Mark sheet of class 12/HSC examination
- Annual income certificate of the family in the prescribed format issued by the Tehsildar or above competent authority
- Admission letter to the first year of degree/diploma course issued by Centralised Admission Authority
- Receipt of tuition fee paid for the academic year
- Scanned copy of duly signed and stamped bank passbook seeded with Aadhaar details showing the name and photograph of the student, IFSC code and account number
- Applicant’s photograph and signature
- Aadhaar card
- Certificate issued by the Principal/Director/HOD in the prescribed format
- Certificate of disability issued by competent authority as per the format specified by the State Government
- Scanned and attested copy of SC/ST/OBC certificate (applicable for SC, ST and OBC candidates)
- Duly signed declaration by parents claiming the authenticity of the information provided in the application in the prescribed format
Saksham Scholarship Scheme – Award Details
What is the amount of scholarship disbursed under the Saksham scholarship scheme? What are the expenses covered under this scholarship? How many scholarships are disbursed every year? What is the process followed for the selection of scholars? Get answers to all these questions in detail in this section. Every year, a total of 1,000 students are selected on the basis of their merit in the qualifying examination. Out of the 1,000 scholarships disbursed, 500 are reserved for students pursuing diploma courses and 500 are reserved for students pursuing degree courses. Adding to this, further reservations are available for SC, ST and OBC candidates of 15%, 7.5% and 27%, respectively. The financial assistance rendered under this scheme include –
- INR 30,000 or actual tuition fee (whichever is less). If a student gets tuition fee waiver/reimbursement, he/she will receive INR 30,000 for purchasing the books, equipment, software, laptop, desktop, vehicle, etc.
- Incidental charges of INR 2,000 per month for 10 months
Saksham Scholarship Scheme – Contact Details
In case you come across any query related to Saksham scholarship scheme, its eligibility, application process or selection process, you may contact helpdesk services offered by AICTE at email@example.com.
Also Read: AICTE SCHOLARSHIP – ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW