National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 is a digital gateway for different government scholarship schemes offered by Central Government, State Governments and other government agencies like UGC and AICTE. It is a one-stop platform for students who are interested in applying for various educational schemes and scholarship services. The portal looks after end to end implementation of the scholarship schemes and their disbursement as well.
The National Scholarship Portal hosts 118 scholarship schemes worth hundreds of crores for the scholarship seekers registered on the platform. It is taken as a ‘Mission Mode Project’ under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). As per the data released for the academic year 2022-23, NSP has helped the government implement and disburse scholarships worth more than INR 2,800 crores (INR 2875.50 to be precise). The platform boasts more than 127 lakh applications out of which over 84 Lakh applications are verified.
Apart from this information, interested students from all streams will find more beneficial details about NSP in the article ahead.
- What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
- Benefits of NSP
- राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल/ नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल – लाभ
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – Central Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – UGC Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – AICTE Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – State Schemes
- How to Apply at National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Services
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Application Via Mobile App
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Disbursement Facts
- National Scholarship Portal 2022-23 – FAQs
- Who can apply for NSP Scholarships?
- What is the last date of the NSP Scholarship 2022?
- When will the Ministry verification of NSP 2022 be held?
- When can a student apply for NSP scholarships?
- I missed applying for the NSP scholarship in 2021. Can I apply in 2022? Which mark sheet do I need to submit?
- Is Aadhaar a mandatory requirement for all NSP scholarships?
- What should an applicant do if he/she forgets the application id or password?
- How do I renew my NSP 2021-22 scholarship?
- Where can the students apply for NSP scholarship renewal?
- What is the amount of post-matric scholarship?
- If selected, how is the scholarship amount disbursed to the students?
- Can a student edit the form after final submission?
- How can a student track the status of his/her NSP scholarship application?
- Is there any need for uploading a domicile certificate along with the online application form?
- Are students enrolled in integrated courses of eligible institutions eligible to apply?
- Can the awardee claim any other scholarship (State/ Institute or other Ministry) during the tenure of award of this scholarship?
- Are all courses covered under the range of the NSP schemes (dual degree courses)?
- Are students enrolled in private/deemed universities (not funded by either Central or State Government) eligible to apply?
What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is one of the most prominent scholarship portals launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. It offers various scholarship schemes to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority and General category students. NSP ensures timely disbursement of scholarships to students and avoids duplication in processing.
Its main aim is to create a transparent database of scholars and ensure that the scholarships are disbursed through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to eligible students.
Benefits of NSP
There are several benefits that eligible students can avail themselves from the National Scholarship Portal, which are:
- NSP simplifies the scholarship process as the information is available under one umbrella.
- It, being a single integrated application for all scholarships, ensures that students don’t have to scale other websites to know about eligibility or the application process.
- It helps to reduce the duplication of applications.
- NSP suggests the appropriate schemes for students.
- It serves as a Decision Support System (DSS) for various Ministries and departments, providing up-to-date information on demand.
- It ensures faster scholarship processing.
- It helps standardize master data for all India-level courses and institutions.
राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल/ नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल – लाभ
- नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल में सभी स्कॉलरशिप की जानकारी एक जगह में ही मिलती है ।
- किसी भी छात्र को किसी और वेबसाइट में जाने की आवश्यकता नहीं है क्योकि इसमें स्कॉलरशिप से लेके एप्लीकेशन प्रणाली की सारी जानकारी मौजूद है ।
- इस पोर्टल में एक छात्र एक स्कीम के लिए एक ही बार फ़ॉर्म भर सकता है । डुप्लीकेट एप्लीकेशन की सम्भावना बहुत ही कम होती है।
- एनएसपी सभी छात्रों को उपयुक्त स्कॉलरशिप स्कीमों की जानकारी देता है।
- यह सारे मंत्रालयों व् डिपार्टमेंट्स के निर्णय समर्थन प्रणाली का काम करता है और अपडेटेड जानकारी छात्रों को प्रदान करता है।
Why was the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Created?
The National Scholarship Portal was started by the Indian government under the National e-Governance initiative to ensure a smooth and proper flow of funds directly to the bank accounts of students without any hindrance. The key objectives behind the creation of this National Scholarship Portal include –
- Ensuring the application of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
- Avoiding duplication that occurs while processing the applications
- Offering the students, a common platform for both Central and State Government scholarships
- Harmonizing the variety of scholarships and their norms
- Creating a transparent scholars’ database
- Ensuring all scholarships are disbursed to students on time
What are the Different Scholarships under NSP?
The National Scholarship Portal is well known for its nationwide reach. It covers almost all types of scholarships for students studying in class 1 to PhD level. The variety of scholarships that the NSP covers are majorly categorized under the following sections –
- Central schemes
- UGC/ AICTE schemes
- State schemes
How to Check NSP Application Status?
After applying to the national scholarship portal for a particular scholarship, candidates can check their respective application status’ following the below-mentioned steps.
1. Visit the official national scholarship portal.
2. When the homepage opens, click on the login link.
3. Enter the application ID and password.
4. Click on the ‘Check Your Status’ tab.
5. The application status will reflect on the screen.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – Central Schemes
Various departments operating under the Indian Government-run several scholarships to help students pursue their dream academic careers without any financial constraints. The renowned providers in the realm of scholarships include:
- Department of Higher Education (DHE)
- Ministry of Labour and Employment (MLE)
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD)
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA)
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE)
- Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), and more
Interested students will find the cumulative list of central NSP scholarships in the table highlighted below.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – List of Central Schemes
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – UGC Schemes
The University Grants Commission (UGC) is a prominent statutory body of the Indian government functioning under MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development). Set up with an objective to coordinate, it determines and maintains the standard of higher education in India. Being an authoritative body, it offers recognition to universities across India and provides them with the required funds. Besides this, the UGC also offers some scholarship schemes for students pursuing college-level education.
The cumulative list of UGC schemes listed on the National Scholarship Portal is mentioned below.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – List of UGC Schemes
|Scholarship Name||Provider||Application Deadline|
|ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region||University Grants Commission (UGC)||31 October 2022|
|PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child||31 October 2022|
|PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (1st and 2nd Rank Holders)||31 October 2022|
|PG Scholarship Scheme for SC ST Students for Pursuing Professional Courses||31 October 2022|
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – AICTE Schemes
AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) functions under the Department of Higher Education, MHRD and is regarded as the national-level council for technical education and a statutory body. AICTE has been operating since 1945 and looking after the coordinated development and proper planning for both technical as well as management education systems in India.
AICTE also offers several scholarships apart from approving postgraduate and undergraduate programs under specified categories. It also ensures students receive funds on time so that financial constraint does not become a blocking stone in their professional career.
The AICTE schemes listed on the National Scholarship Portal are mentioned in the list given below.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – List of AICTE Schemes
|Scholarship Name||Provider||Application Deadline|
|Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Degree) for Technical Education||Ministry of Human Resource Development – AICTE||31 October 2022|
|Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Diploma) for Technical Education||31 October 2022|
|Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled Students (Degree) for Technical Education||31 October 2022|
|Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled Students (Diploma) for Technical Education||31 October 2022|
|AICTE – Swanath Scholarship Scheme (Technical Diploma/Degree)||31 October 2022|
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – State Schemes
Similar to the scholarship schemes from the central government, the state governments also offer scholarships for students who are domiciles of that respective state. Even though many state governments offer funds to students from their own scholarship portal, a few prefer inviting applications through the National Scholarship Portal.
Currently, NSP covers state schemes of 15 different states namely Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar, Chandigarh, UT of The Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu Kashmir, UT of Ladakh, UT of Lakshadweep, Manipur, Meghalaya, Puducherry, Tripura and Uttarakhand.
Students will find the detailed list of state-level NSP scholarships in the table below.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – List of State Schemes
Dadra Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu
|Pre Matric Scholarship for OBC Students||
15 December 2021
|Pre Matric Scholarship for SC Students||
30 October 2022
|Pre Matric Scholarship for ST Students||
15 December 2021
|Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students||
15 December 2021
|Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students||
15 December 2021
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students||
30 October 2022
|Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students||
31 December 2021
|Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Pre Matric Scholarship for ST Students||
24 January 2022
|Lakshadweep Scholarship Scheme||
15 April 2022
How to Apply at National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23?
To avail of various scholarships and help students apply for them, one needs to register on NSP. Students must know how to apply through the scholarship portal.
However, before applying for a scholarship, the students need to make sure that their current educational institution is registered on the portal. If the institution is not registered on the portal, the student would not be able to apply for any scholarship. The portal also has the provision for the institutions to register themselves, if not already registered.
Candidates must follow the below steps to apply for an NSP scholarship through the national scholarship portal.
Step 1: Searching for the Institute
- Visit the official website of NSP.
- Click on the ‘Search for Institute‘ button.
- Fill in the required details and get the institution list.
- If the institution is not registered, the candidates can request their institutions to register on the portal by clicking here.
Step 2: Registering with National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- All fresh users need to visit the Home Page of the National Scholarship Portal to register.
- Click on ‘New Registration’.
- Select the desired option
- A page of Guidelines for Registration on NSP will open.
- Go through the guidelines carefully.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Fill in all required details.
- Click on ‘Register’.
- A student application ID and password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Step 3: Logging in with National Scholarship Portal
- Click on the login tab.
- Enter the application ID and password received on the registered number.
Step 4: Change the Password (Mandatory Step)
- Upon successful (www.nsp.gov.in) student login, the applicant will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number.
- Verify the OTP.
- The applicant will be directed to change the password page.
- Change the password and continue.
Step 5: Enter the Dashboard
- Once the password is changed, the student will be directed to the Applicant’s Dashboard Page.
- Click on ‘Application Form’ to start the application.
- Fill in all registration details, academic details and other necessary details.
- Click on ‘Save & Continue.
- Add contact details, scheme details and upload necessary documents.
- Click on ‘Save as Draft’ (To confirm if you have entered correct information)
- Once confirmed, click on the ‘Final Submit’ tab.
Note: The applications finally submitted cannot be edited again. So, the applicants are advised to be double sure while clicking on final submit as no change of information will be entertained after final submission.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
While applying for any scholarship on NSP, the students are required to upload certain documents to complete the application process. However, for the scholarship amount less than INR 50,000, the students are not required to upload any document. They need to submit a copy of the documents to their respective schools/colleges/institute.
For all other scholarships, the students should keep the following documents ready:
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Domicile Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste Certificate (if the candidate belongs to a special category)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
- Self-declaration certificate
- Photograph of the candidate
- Candidate’s mobile number
How to Update Registration and Bank Details in NSP?
Candidates require to follow the below steps to update registration and bank details in the National Scholarship Portal (www.nsp scholarship portal).
1. Visit the official NSP website – www.scholarships.gov.in and log in to the user dashboard.
2. After logging in, candidates will be directed to the Applicant dashboard, where they will come across the option ‘Update your Account Details’.
3. Candidates need to enter their correct bank account number and finally click on the ‘Update’ tab.
4. They will receive the OTP on their registered mobile number. Once received, they need to click on the ‘Confirm OTP’ tab
5. After confirming the OTP, the updated account details will reflect on the NSP application form
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Services
Besides applying for a scholarship, the portal also provides several other services for both the students and the institutions. A user can explore all the services offered through the NSP portal under the ‘Services Section’. The key services listed under this section include –
1. NSP 2.0 User Manual – To acquaint the users with the workflow on NSP. The students will get to know the detailed registration and application process.
2. Scheme Eligibility – Under this section, the students can filter out the scholarship schemes based on their specific requirements. They are required to fill their domicile state/UT, course level, religion, caste/category, gender, annual income of parents, disability status, and captcha code.
3. List of Ministry Coordinators
4. Scheme-wise State Nodal Officers – Under this section, the students can browse the list of state nodal officers based on the scheme they want to apply for. For example, if they are applying for a UGC scheme, they can check the details of state nodal officers under the ‘UGC’ section.
5. Know the AISHE Code – This service allows the students to check the AISHE codes of schools/colleges/institutions registered on NSP by simply providing the institution type, state, district (not mandatory) and university type (not mandatory).
6. Get AISHE Code for the Institute – This section allows the institutions, which are not registered on the portal, to register themselves by simply filling out the available form.
7. List of Applicants Processed for Scholarship – Explore the list of applicants who have been selected for the scholarship in this section. The users need to select the academic year, application type, ministry, scheme, state and district to get relevant details.
8. Search Nodal Officer Details – Get the details of the nodal officers for each ministry, state or district in this section.
9. District Nodal Officer Details List – Under this section, the students can browse the district-wise list of nodal officers.
10. Institute Operational Manual – The institutions can browse the operation manual on how to fill out the registration form, how to update the profile, and how to remove DISE/AISHE/NCVT code.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Application Via Mobile App
Considering the advent of mobile technology, the Government of India has launched its ‘National Scholarship Portal Mobile App’ in the year 2018. The introduction of this facility aims to make the scholarship application easier and more convenient for the students.
The students can download and install the mobile app through the Google Play Store on their respective mobile devices. Also, there is an availability of the NSP mobile app in the ‘UMANG’ app launched by the government earlier. So, if they already have the UMANG app installed on their mobile devices, they can start applying for the scholarships too by registering at the NSP mobile app.
The app covers end-to-end services of the National Scholarship Portal. Students can not only get access to NSP scholarships but also apply for them without any difficulty.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Disbursement Facts
- As per NSP, the academic year 2020-21 witnessed disbursal of close to INR 2,800 crores worth of scholarships as on 01st September 2021.
- The scholarships are basically divided into three categories – Pre-Matric (Class 1 to 10), Post Matric (Class 11, 12, UG, PG) and Higher Education (UG, PG, Professional and Technical Courses).
- In addition to the above fact, the Department of School Education and Literacy offers another scholarship which is meant for students from Classes 9-12.
- The Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA) disbursed a total of INR 1905.21 crore of scholarship funds in the year 2020-21.
- The Department of Higher Education (DHE), which is dedicated to higher education, distributed only INR 168.59 crore.
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Ministry of Social Justice had disbursed scholarships of INR 20.23 Cr and INR 6.33 Cr respectively under their respective schemes meant for ST and SC students pursuing higher education.
National Scholarship Portal 2022-23 – Overview
|Name of Article||National Scholarship Portal
नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल
|Launched by||Central Government of India|
|Ministry||Ministry of Electronics and IT|
|Beneficiaries||Pre matric & Post matric Students|
|Major Benefit||Financial Support|
|Article Objective||To provide financial support to EWS sections|
|Article under||State Government|
|Name of State||All India|
|Post Category||Article/ Yojana|
NSP – Important Links
|To Check Eligibility||Click Here|
|For New Registration||Click Here|
|Login Link||Click Here|
|Official NSP Website||Click Here|
National Scholarship Portal 2022-23 – FAQs
Who can apply for NSP Scholarships?
The NSP scholarships are offered by different departments functioning under the Government of India and other state governments. Therefore, the eligibility criteria of each NSP scholarship vary. Candidates must check individual scholarships to know their eligibility criteria. These scholarships are meant for students of Class 1 to 12, undergraduate, postgraduate, PhD and Postdoctoral students. They can also find scholarships for SC, ST, OBC, EBC, Minority Communities in the list available.
What is the last date of the NSP Scholarship 2022?
The last date to apply for central sector NSP scholarship 2022 is 31st October 2022 (for Post-Matric Scholarships) and 30th September 2022 (for Pre-Matric Scholarships).
When will the Ministry verification of NSP 2022 be held?
The Ministry/institute verification of NSP 2022 will be conducted on 15th November 2022.
When can a student apply for NSP scholarships?
The application period for each NSP scholarship varies. The applications for centrally funded scholarships generally start in August and continue till November. However, there is no specific timeline for state scholarships. To know about the respective application period, kindly refer to the list of scholarships in the article above.
I missed applying for the NSP scholarship in 2021. Can I apply in 2022? Which mark sheet do I need to submit?
Yes, applications for an NSP scholarship in 2022 is possible. Candidates need to submit their previous year's mark sheet to apply for the scholarship. However, uploading documents is not necessary for applying under Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme.
Is Aadhaar a mandatory requirement for all NSP scholarships?
No, Aadhaar number is not a mandatory requirement to apply for any NSP scholarship. If the students do not have an Aadhaar number, they can still apply for the scholarships by providing the Aadhaar enrollment id.
What should an applicant do if he/she forgets the application id or password?
In case the students forget their application id or password, they can click on the ‘Forget Application ID’ or ‘Forget Password’ button on the login page to retrieve it.
How do I renew my NSP 2021-22 scholarship?
The renewal applications on NSP for the academic year 2021-22 have already over. For renewal, the candidates have to fill in their application ID and password to log in to the dashboard. After logging in, the applicants can fill out the renewal application. The deadline to renew centrally-funded post-matric, merit-cum-means and top-class scholarships was 20th July 2022.
Where can the students apply for NSP scholarship renewal?
The students applying for renewal are required to apply through the NSP login page. They need to visit the home page of NSP and click on the 'login' tab. The login pages for fresh and renewal applications differ for each academic year. So, students must be careful to select the renewal tab and log in using their registered application ID and password to proceed with the application renewal process.
What is the amount of post-matric scholarship?
The amount of post-matric scholarship varies depending on the current academic level of the students. However, the benefits covered under any post-matric scholarship include maintenance allowance, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees, book allowance, thesis typing and printing charges, etc.
If selected, how is the scholarship amount disbursed to the students?
The scholarship amount is disbursed to students through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) in the accounts of the beneficiaries. To track the status of scholarship payments, the government has a separate portal with the name of PFMS (Public Finance Management System). The students need to visit the official webpage of PFMS and provide the details like the name of the bank, account number and NSP application id to get the status of their payment.
Can a student edit the form after final submission?
No. Once the applicant submits the application form, no changes in information will be entertained. So, it is always advisable to properly check the application form before final submission.
How can a student track the status of his/her NSP scholarship application?
The students can track their application status through the ‘Check your status’ tab in the user dashboard. For this, the students need to log in using their registered application ID and password.
Is there any need for uploading a domicile certificate along with the online application form?
Yes, the domicile certificate/ permanent resident certificate issued by the competent authority will have to be uploaded with the online application form.
Are students enrolled in integrated courses of eligible institutions eligible to apply?
Yes. Students enrolled in integrated courses are eligible to apply. However, such awardees could avail scholarships only for the undergraduate part of the course.
Can the awardee claim any other scholarship (State/ Institute or other Ministry) during the tenure of award of this scholarship?
No. Such students will not be considered for award of this scholarship
Are all courses covered under the range of the NSP schemes (dual degree courses)?
No. The scholarship will be awarded in general degree courses, professional courses, technical courses, medical and paramedical courses (including MBBS, BAMS, BDS, B.Arch., B.Tech., etc.)
Are students enrolled in private/deemed universities (not funded by either Central or State Government) eligible to apply?
No. The scheme is applicable to students of first-year undergraduate courses and enrolled in the following institutions are eligible to apply: –
- Institutes of National Importance
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside the States of NER