Medhashree Scholarship is a new scholarship programme announced by the Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee. As the central government has decided to discontinue scholarship programs for the Other Backward Classes (OBC), the West Bengal State Cabinet has approved this scheme. The scholarship will be awarded to students from Classes 5 to 8 belonging to backward classes and other minority communities.
Students in different cities of West Bengal will be benefited by this scholarship to facilitate their educational journey. The primary aim of this scholarship is to provide financial support to the economically weaker section of society. It will help students meet their educational and career goals.
Medhashree Scholarship 2023 – Overview
|Name of the Scheme||West Bengal Medhashree Scholarship 2023 (মেধাশ্রী প্রকল্প)|
|Launched by||Government of West Bengal|
|Launch Date||January 19, 2023|
|Beneficiary||Students of Class 5 to 8 belonging to the minority and Other Backward Classes (OBC)|
|Eligibility||Students must belong to the OBC and other minority community|
|Benefits||Financial aid of INR 800 per month for every applicant|
|Application Process||Online mode|
|Official Email email@example.com|
মেধাশ্রী প্রকল্প কি?
১৯শে জানুয়ারি ২০২৩, পশ্চিমবঙ্গের মাননীয়া মুখ্যমন্ত্রী মমতা ব্যানার্জি মেধাশ্রী প্রকল্প নামক একটি নতুন প্রকল্পের ঘোষণা করেছেন। এই প্রকল্প অনগ্রসর শ্রেণির পড়ুয়াদের (ওবিসি ছাত্র- ছাত্রীদের) উদ্দেশ্যে শুরু করা হয়েছে।
কারা মেধাশ্রী স্কলারশিপ পাবে ও কি তার রাশি?
মুখ্যমন্ত্রী মমতা বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায় আলিপুরদুয়ারের সভায় প্রতিশ্রুতি দিয়েছিলেন যে এই প্রকল্পের মাধ্যমে প্রতি বছর প্রায় ২ লক্ষ ৬৩ হাজার ওবিসি ছাত্র-ছাত্রীরা প্রতি মাসে মাথাপিছু ৮০০ টাকা করে পাবে।
Medhashree Scholarship 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must follow the eligibility criteria to successfully apply for the scholarship. Interested candidates can check the below-mentioned eligibility criteria.
- Applicants must be domiciles of West Bengal.
- Applicants must belong to the minority and Other Backward Classes (OBC) category.
Interested candidates can check the details of the award mentioned below –
- The scholarship will provide an award of INR 800 every month to applicants who applied for the scholarship.
The list of documents required to apply for the scholarship is mentioned below –
- Government-authorized caste certificate
- Marksheets of qualifying examinations
- Family annual income certificate
- Domicile certificate of West Bengal
- Bank account details
- Bank’s passbook
- A recent photograph of the applicant
Medhashree Scholarship 2023 Application Process
To apply for this scholarship, candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Candidates need to visit the official scholarship website.
- Next, candidates need to click on the ‘Students Area’ tab which will redirect to a new page.
- Here candidates need to click on the ‘Fresh Registration’ option.
- Now candidates need to select the district to open the Application Form.
- Candidates need to fill in their basic information to fill up the application form and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Candidates need to follow the next instructions mentioned on the screen.
- Candidates are requested to keep on checking the official website daily for official updates about this scholarship.
- Candidates are also required to attach the passbook of their bank account along with the IFSC code.
Medhashree Scholarship – Tracking Application Status ?
- Candidates need to visit the homepage of the official website of the scholarship portal.
- Click on the ‘Track Application’ option.
- Select the district from the dropdown menu.
- After entering all the required information, candidates need to click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The Application Status will be displayed on the screen.
Note – Candidates are requested to keep on checking the official website daily for new updates.
Important Contact Details
|Name of Officers||Designation||Contact Number|
|Md. Ghulam Ali Ansari, IAS||Secretary & Chairman||033-2321-0902|
|Mriganka Biswas, WBCS (Executive)||Managing Director||033-2321-2995|
About Other WB Scholarships
The state government of West Bengal is already running Aikyashree and Kanyashree scholarships to help students belonging to different social classes in fulfilling their career aspirations by providing financial aid.
- The Aikyashree scholarship program is offered by the West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation (WBMDFC) to support students of both school and college levels in West Bengal. The primary aim of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to students belonging to economically backward classes. It is provided to minority students (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis and Jains) who are domiciled in West Bengal. The scholarship scheme is provided to students from Class 1 to PhD level.
- On the other hand, the Kanyashree scholarship is offered to female students of West Bengal. Previously, this scheme was offered to school and college students. However, it has been extended to postgraduate courses. The scholarship scheme provides secondary education, vocational training and sports training to girls belonging to economically backward sections of society. Girls between the ages of 13 to 18 get annual scholarships each year to complete their education.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the benefits of the Medhashree scholarship 2023-24 of West Bengal?
The beneficiaries are entitled to get financial aid of INR 800 per month to help them continue their educational journey.
Who is eligible for applying for the Medhashree Scholarship?
Candidates belonging to the minority and Other Backward Classes (OBC), and domiciles of West Bengal are eligible for this scholarship online application procedure.
How to apply for the West Bengal Medhashree Scholarship 2023-24?
Applicants must visit the official website – wbmdfcscholarship.org to apply online for the scholarship.
Is there any available helpline number to enquire about the Medhashree Scholarship program?
Candidates can call on the helpline number – 1800-120-2130 for any further information.
What are the documents required to apply for this scholarship?
Applicants need to have a caste certificate, income certificate, identity proof and marksheets of educational qualification to apply for the scholarship.