Colgate scholarship, offered by Colgate-Palmolive (India), is a corporate scholarship that provides financial assistance to those students who are below the age of 21 years. Under Colgate scholarship scheme, hundreds of scholarships have been disbursed among selected students in 2018.
In this article, we have covered all the details of Colgate Scholarship. These details include key dates, scholarship amount, eligibility conditions, application procedure, important documents, selection process and more. Find below an overview of this scholarship.
Overview of Colgate Scholarship 2018:
|1.||Scholarship offer period*||June to September|
|2.||Scholarship amount||Up to INR 1,00,000|
|3.||Eligibility conditions||Students below the age of 21 years|
|4.||Application procedure||Registration through the toll-free number of Colgate-Palmolive (India)|
* The scholarship period mentioned above is tentative and subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Now that you know briefly about Colgate scholarship, let’s read complete details about it as mentioned below.
Colgate Scholarship – Application Period
The announcement date of Colgate scholarship varies from year-to-year. In the year 2018, the scholarship was announced in the month of June and ended in the last week of September. Keep a tab on Colgate scholarship during the months of June to September.
Colgate Scholarship – Scholarship Amount
The candidates selected for this scholarship become eligible to receive the financial assistance so that they do not face any monetary hurdle while pursuing their education. In 2018, a total of 501 students were selected to receive Colgate scholarship. Find below all the details of scholarship amount disbursed under Colgate scholarship scheme for the year 2018.
- 45 students were selected randomly from among the 501 selected Colgate scholars who received a scholarship amount of INR 1 Lakh.
- The remaining Colgate scholars got a scholarship amount of INR 10,000.
To see the details of Colgate Scholarship 2017 winners, click here.
Colgate Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
In order to avail the benefits of Colgate scholarship 2018, the students needed to follow certain conditions prescribed by the Colgate-Palmolive (India). Given below is the eligibility criteria of Colgate scholarship.
- The candidates must be below the age of 21 years in order to be eligible for the scholarship.
Colgate scholarship – Application Process
The application process for Colgate scholarship has always been easy and simple. Given below are the steps that needed to be followed by the candidates to apply for this scholarship in the year 2018.
- An applicant needed to give a missed call on the toll-free number 18003134575, which could be found printed on any of the Colgate pack or in the TV commercials or advertisements.
- The applicant then got a call back on his/her number. On receiving the call, candidates were asked to select an Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) option to answer two questions.
- The applicants also needed to provide certain details that were used for the purpose of verification at the time of announcing the scholarship winners.
- Out of all the registered candidates who answered the two questions correctly, the computer selected 501 entries randomly. Again, 45 entries were selected from 501 selected candidates through the random computerised selection process. These 45 candidates received INR 1 Lakh as scholarship amount and the remaining got INR 10,000.
- The winners were informed about their selection through the number they registered with.
Colgate Scholarship – Key Documents
Under Colgate scholarship scheme, the candidates needed to submit certain documents after getting selected through the random computerised selection process. The selected candidates were sent a form on the address provided by them, which they needed to fill in order to claim their scholarship offer. Along with this completed form, the candidates also needed to submit the photocopies of some important documents. Find below the list of these key documents.
- Applicant’s driving license/passport/voter identity card as proof of address
- PAN Card
- Birth certificate or school leaving certificate towards the proof of full name and age below 21 years
Note: The candidates needed to submit the above-mentioned documents along with the filled-in form within 2 weeks of the receipt of the form from Colgate.
Colgate Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
Below are some important terms and conditions that Colgate-Palmolive (India) announced regarding the scholarship in 2018.
- The candidates must make sure that the information provided by them are correct as incorrect information or incomplete details in the form leads to its rejection.
- The scholarship winners receive the scholarship amount only after the cross verification of the documents and completed form submitted by them.
- The scholarship amount is transferred by the account payee cheque to the winner or his/her parent/guardian in case the winner does not have a valid bank account.
- The applicants registering for the scholarship do not get a callback or any other alerts if they opt for DND (Do Not Disturb) facility with their respective service providers.
- The candidates must keep in mind that the company reserves the right to change, discontinue, extend the scholarship offer, or modify the terms and conditions without giving any prior notice.
- The employees of the company, its affiliates, Redfuse, Mad House, BYJU’s and their family member are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- By taking part in this Colgate scholarship offer, the applicants give irrevocable permission to Colgate to use the winners’ names, photographs, videos, audios, if any, while announcing the results or marketing purpose, publicity/advertising in such manner as may be deemed fit by Colgate, without any financial compensation payable to any winner and without any restriction to its frequency and use.
To know more, refer to the scholarship terms and conditions.
If you are interested to know more about other scholarship, read ‘Post-Matric Scholarship – All You Need to Know’.