New Delhi, 7 November 2021 – Siemens Limited has launched the 9th edition of the Siemens Scholarship Program, which is based on the German model of dual education. This scholarship program aims to help youth become industry-ready engineers and launch a sustainable career in the fields of engineering, R&D or manufacturing.
In a press meet, Sunil Mathur, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Siemens announced, “The Siemens Scholarship Program has made significant strides since its launch nine years ago, and will now have 1,000 scholars. With the expected growth in the economy and increasing industrial and infrastructure development, the need for industry-ready engineers would be felt even more than before. Now, we have re-introduced the program, which is based on the German model of Dual Education.”
Siemens Scholarship Program – Benefits
The scholarship will be disbursed annually and it includes:
- Allowances for books, stationery, hostel, additional classes, etc.
- Reimbursement of tuition fees (In case the student is availing any other scholarship, the balance tuition fee would be reimbursed)
- Holistic development program with internships at Siemens and other multinational companies
- The scholarship program is available for students throughout the four years of graduation
- Equal opportunity scholarship where 50% of the seats are reserved for girls
Who Can Apply for Siemens Scholarship Program 2021-22?
Under this program, Siemens provides financial assistance to deserving meritorious students. Added to this, they also offer soft skills training, mechatronics, projects, internships, and mentorships. However, the yearly scholarship is subject to students clearing all subjects and scoring first class only.
Siemens Scholarship Program 2021-22 – Eligibility Criteria
The candidates interested to apply for the Siemens scholarship program must fulfil the below criteria.
1. They should be first-year students studying in government engineering colleges from the following streams:
- Computer Science/Information Technology
- Electronics & Telecommunication
2. They must be under 20 years of age
3. They must have scored at least 60% marks in Class 10 board exams
4. They must have scored at least 50% marks in Class 12 board exams
5. They must have scored at least 60% aggregate marks in Class 12 (in case of PCM)
6. They must belong to a family where the annual income is not more than INR 2 lakhs
The last date to apply for the Siemens Scholarship Program is 10th January 2022. For any queries, one can email at the email address – email@example.com.