New Delhi, 8 December 2021 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) has launched the AWS AI & ML Scholarship program in collaboration with Intel and Udacity worth $10 million. During his keynote at the 10th annual re:Invent conference, Swami Sivasubramanian, Vice President of Amazon Machine Learning at AWS, unveiled this new program, specially designed to prepare underrepresented and underserved students globally for careers in machine learning, which is one of the hottest and fastest-growing fields in today’s world.
AWS AI & ML Scholarship Program – Benefits
According to Amazon, high school or college students, over the age of 16 years and who are interested in a career in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) can apply for this scholarship. The AWS AI & ML Scholarship Program offers:
- Hands-on experience in training ML models for autonomous racecars while providing educational content centred on ML fundamentals.
- Mentorship from the top AWS leaders
- 4-month course to 2,000 students with a scholarship for the Udacity AI Programming with Python Nanodegree program (1,000 in a summer cohort and 1,000 in a winter cohort), valued at $4,000
- Top 500 students will receive a second Udacity Udacity Nanodegree Program Scholarship
- The selected top 500 students in the AWS AI & ML Scholarship program will be given access to one-to-one mentorship opportunities from tenured machine learning experts from Amazon, Intel and other institutions to provide career advice for 12 months
Note: The 500 students will be selected based on the highest score on the assessment, which will be invited from all graduates from the winter and summer cohorts
AWS AI & ML Scholarship Program – Important Dates
|Commencement of AWS DeepRacer Student League (Pre-season)||1st December 2021|
|Application start date of AWS AI & ML Scholarship applications on Udacity’s website (Summer cohort)||1st March 2022|
|Last day to complete prerequisites on the AWS DeepRacer Student website to earn Summer cohort scholarship access on Udacity||31st May 2022|
|Application start date of AWS AI & ML Scholarship applications on Udacity’s website (Winter cohort)||15th June 2022|
|Start date of AWS AI & ML Scholarship Nanodegree Program 1 (Summer cohort)||7th July 2022|
|Last day to complete prerequisites on the AWS DeepRacer Student website to earn Winter cohort scholarship access on Udacity||30th September 2022|
|Start date of AWS AI & ML Scholarship Nanodegree Program 1 (Winter cohort)||2nd November 2022|
|Commencement of AWS AI & ML Scholarship Nanodegree Program 2||28th March 2023|
AWS AI & ML Scholarship Prerequisites
To be considered for the scholarship, students must fulfil certain eligibility criteria, as highlighted below:
- Achieve an 80% accuracy rate or more on all learning module quizzes in AWS DeepRacer Student services while learning the foundations of ML to unlock the scholarship application code
- Participate in the AWS DeepRacer Student League regular-season race (monthly race) and achieve a sub-three-minute lap time in any single race
Note: The portal of AWS DeepRacer Student services will open from 1st March 2022.
About AWS AI & ML Scholarship Program
The new program uses the all-new AWS DeepRacer Student service and Student League, ensuring that students understand the concepts of machine language. This scholarship scheme is a new student division of the popular AWS DeepRacer program, a cloud-based 3D car racing simulator that provides a fun way to learn about ML and reinforcement learning (RL).