Scholarship.gov.in is the address to various government scholarship portals that open a number of scholarship opportunities for students looking for financial assistance for their studies. Some of the renowned scholarship portals having a similar address include the National Scholarship Portal (scholarships.gov.in), UP Saksham Portal (scholarship.up.gov.in), Odisha State Scholarship Portal (scholarship.odisha.gov.in), Punjab Scholarship Portal (scholarships.punjab.gov.in), DCE Scholarship Portal of Kerala (dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in) and many others.
Which are the scholarships listed on these portals? What services are being offered through these portals? How and when can students use these portals? The answers to all these questions related to scholarship gov portals are covered in this article.
Scholarship Gov – National Scholarship Portal
The National Scholarship Portal – scholarships.gov.in is a nationally acclaimed scholarship portal introduced by the Government of India for effective and transparent implementation as well as disbursement of different scholarship schemes. The portal hosts around 50 scholarships (including central and state-funded scholarships) for students coming from different strata of life. The key category of scholarships listed on the portal include central scholarships, state scholarships and UGC/AICTE scholarships.
National Scholarship Portal – scholarships.gov.in
The key benefits that the portal (scholarships.gov.in) offers to its users include –
- Filter out schemes based on your specific requirements using the ‘Scheme Eligibility’ feature.
- Know the detailed registration and application process through NSP 2.0 user manual.
- Apply for the scholarships using the ‘New Registration’ and ‘Login’ button.
- Track the application status using the ‘Login’ button.
- Know your institute’s AISHE code using the ‘Know your AISHE Code’ button.
The applications for scholarships listed on this portal generally open in the month of August/September and continue till February/March. All the applications are accepted online only.
Scholarship Gov – UP Saksham Portal
UP Scholarship Portal, or Saksham portal (scholarship.up.gov.in) is the dedicated scholarship portal of Government of Uttar Pradesh that hosts a number of Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships for students of Uttar Pradesh who belong to General, SC, ST, OBC and Minority communities. The applications for these scholarships generally open in the month of July and continue till January.
UP Saksham Scholarship Portal – scholarship.up.gov.in
The key features that the portal offers to its users include –
- Hassle-free scholarship application online using the ‘Student’ section.
- Information of both pre-matric and post-matric scholarships available at one platform.
- Check real-time status of your scholarship application under the ‘Status’ section.
- Allows the students to make corrections in the scholarship application form after scrutiny.
- Offers login facility at a government level, institution level and student level.
Scholarship Gov – Dr Ambedkar Scholarship Portal of Punjab
Run and managed by the Government of Punjab, Dr Ambedkar Scholarship Portal of Punjab or scholarships.punjab.gov.in caters to the needs of students who are domiciles of Punjab at post-matric level. The key scholarships listed on this portal include Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students and Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students.
Dr Ambedkar Scholarship Portal, Punjab – scholarships.punjab.gov.in
The users can avail the following key services through the portal –
- Find about registered institutes and their profiles.
- Find out the fee structure of the registered courses.
- Track the status of your scholarship application form.
- Apply for the scholarships using the login button.
Scholarship Gov – Odisha State Scholarship Portal
The State Scholarship Portal of Government of Odisha (scholarship.odisha.gov.in) is a newly launched portal that allows the students of Odisha to apply for various scholarships offered by different departments of the state government. The key departments which host their scholarships on this portal include Agriculture and FE Department, Higher Education Department, School and Mass Education Department, Skill Development and Technical Education Department, and SC/ST and MBC Welfare Department.
State Scholarship Portal, Odisha – scholarship.odisha.gov.in
The key services offered under this scholarship portal include –
- Apply for scholarships available using the ‘Apply Scholarship’ button.
- Check out the status of your scholarship application with the help of ‘Know your Status’ tab.
- Access the details of scholarships sanctioned for the current academic year.
- Check eligibility of the scholarships using the ‘Check Eligibility’ button.
- Know to make a successful scholarship application on this portal using the ‘How to Apply’ button.
- Explore the complete list of institutions under the ‘Institute List’ section.
Scholarship Gov – DCE Scholarship Portal, Kerala
The Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Kerala runs its distinguished scholarship portal (dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in) for students of Kerala to offer them financial support for their education. The portal enlists around 15 scholarships for students coming from different strata of life. The applications for these scholarships open around varied timelines ranging from January to March.
DCE Kerala Scholarship Portal – dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in
The key features that come with this portal include –
- Hassle-free registration and login option for students to make a successful scholarship application.
- Provision to check the status of registered students using the ‘Registered Students Status’.
- Access to the list of students who have been awarded with the scholarships.
- Access to statistics (both fresh and renewal).
Scholarship Gov – West Bengal Scholarship Portal of School Education Department
This portal scholarships.wbsed.gov.in is the dedicated scholarship portal of School Education Department of Government of West Bengal. It has been introduced to invite applications for two renowned scholarship schemes namely, NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) and National Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Exam (NMMSE). Both the scholarships are meant for school students of West Bengal.
While the NTSE is applicable for Class 10 students, the NMMSE is open for Class 8 students of West Bengal. The applications for the both the scholarships are invited at different timelines. The students who wish to appear for any of the two examinations and avail their benefits must check out the ‘Notice’ section of the portal frequently to get every significant update.
State Scholarship Portal, West Bengal – scholarships.wbsed.gov.in