NSP National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019-20
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of School Education and Literacy, Government of India invites applications for National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019-20 from students of class 9 who have secured at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in class 8 examination. The scholarship aims at providing financial assistance to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class 8 and encourage them to continue studies at the secondary stage.
NSP National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019-20 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Be a student of class 9.
- Have secured at least 55% of marks or equivalent grade in class 8 examination (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST students).
- Have secured at least 55% of marks or equivalent grade in class 7 examination to appear for the selection test for the award of scholarship (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 1.50 Lakhs from all sources.
Note: The scholarship is applicable for class 9 students and their continuation/renewal in class 10 and 12 for study in State Government/Government-aided/Local body schools.
A total of 1 Lakh scholarships will be disbursed under this scheme. The selected scholars will receive INR 12000 per annum (INR 1000 per month).
Documents How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship announcement date: 15 July 2019
Scholarship closing date: 15 November 2019
Last date for defective verification: 15 November 2019
Last date for institute verification: 15 November 2019
The students will be selected on the basis of the selection test conducted by each state/UT namely,
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
The students are required to pass both the tests with at least 40% marks in each (For reserved category, the cut off will be 32% marks).
Terms and Conditions
- The students studying in NVS, Sainik Schools, KVS and private schools cannot apply for this scholarship.
- The State Bank of India disburses the scholarship to students in their accounts through PFMS (Public Finance Management System).
- Reservations are applicable as per state government norms.
- For renewal/continuation of the scholarship in class 10 and 12, the awardees are required to get clear promotion from class 9 to 10 and from class 11 to 12 in the first attempt with 55% marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
- For continuation of scholarship at the higher secondary stage (class 10), the awardees must obtain a minimum of 60% marks in class 10 (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
- The students of class 9 and 10 are required to apply for the scholarship under the Pre-Matric Scholarship category whereas students of class 11 and 12 are required to apply under the Post-Matric Scholarship category.
To know more, click here.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by PRUDHVI JOHN BANTUPALLI on 21-Nov-2020
Dimple Thapa on 23-Nov-2020
Yes, you can apply for this.
Asked by Mandhula Sravya on 26-Oct-2020
Muhamed Minhal Ayamon on 02-Dec-2020
why not ?
Muhamed Minhal Ayamon on 02-Dec-2020
my son is +1 student this year. can I apply for N|SP ?
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more