HP ePass scholarship portal is a dedicated online portal for students of Himachal Pradesh fabricated by the Department of Higher Education, Government of Himachal Pradesh. The state has been actively allocating scholarships to students who are economically and financially in need of them for their education. The creation of HP ePass (Himachal Pradesh Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarships) portal is a progressive step in the fair allocation of scholarships to students.
Every year, the state disburses scholarships to up to 1.40 lakh bonafide Himachali students for pursuing studies in government and private educational institutions through its HP ePass scholarship portal. It has been carefully designed to ensure that the scholarship amount actually gets transferred to the genuine beneficiary in a time-constrained manner. This article circumscribes each and every significant detail on HP ePass scholarship portal, including the list of scholarships, how to apply for them, eligibility criteria and more.
- HP ePass Scholarship Portal – Key Scholarships
- HP ePass Scholarship Portal – How to Apply
- HP ePass Scholarship Portal- Documents Required
- HP ePass Scholarship Portal – FAQs
- ✔️ Who can apply for different scholarships available on HP ePass portal?
- ✔️ Where can a student apply for central/state-sponsored scholarships?
- ✔️ Does a student have to fill the scholarship application form in one sitting?
- ✔️ Which are the mandatory fields to be filled in the application form?
- ✔️ Which are the fields that a student can edit after submitting the application?
- ✔️ What happens if a student finds a mistake in his/her application after submission?
- HP ePass Scholarship Portal – Contact Details
HP ePass Scholarship Portal – Key Scholarships
The HP ePass scholarships can be broadly classified into three different categories namely, Centrally Sponsored, State-Sponsored, and Technical Education Schemes. These scholarships not only enable the students to pursue an education in Himachal Pradesh but also across the nation. The table given below highlights the complete list of scholarships available on HP ePass portal, along with their necessary information like the scholarship category and tentative application period.
|Scholarship Name||Scholarship Category||Application Period*|
|Centrally Sponsored Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students||Central Sponsored Scheme||November to December|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Students (9th&10th) CSS||Central Sponsored Scheme||November to December|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students (1st to 10th) CSS||Central Sponsored Scheme||November to December|
|Post-Matric Scholarship to ST Students (CSS)||Central Sponsored Scheme||November to December|
|Post-Matric Scholarship to OBC Students (CSS)||Central Sponsored Scheme||November to December|
|Dr. Ambedkar Post-Matric Scholarship for Economically Backward Classes (EBC)||Central Sponsored Scheme||November to December|
|Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme For SC Students||Central Sponsored Scheme||November to December|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme for Students belonging to Minority Community (CSS)||Central Sponsored Scheme||October to December|
|Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme to Students belonging to Minority Community||Central Sponsored Scheme||July to October|
|Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme for Meritorious girl students belonging to Minorities||Central Sponsored Scheme||July to October|
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarships||Central Sponsored Scheme||October to December|
|Scholarship to Disabled Students||Central Sponsored Scheme||July to October|
|Dr. Ambedkar Pre-Matric Scholarship for DNTs (CSS)||Central Sponsored Scheme||July to October|
|Dr. Ambedkar Post-Matric Scholarship for DNTs (CSS)||Central Sponsored Scheme||July to October|
|Dr. Ambedkar Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana for SC Students||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between November and December|
|Dr. Ambedkar Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana for OBC Students||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between November and December|
|Swami Vivekanand Utkrisht Yojana||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between November and December|
|Thakur Sen Negi Utkrisht Chattervriti Yojana||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between November and December|
|Kalpana Chawala Chattervriti Yojana||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between November and December|
|Mukhiya Mantri Protsahan Yojana (One-time Incentive)||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between November and December|
|Maharshi Balmiki Chattervriti Yojana||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between November and December|
|IRDP Scholarship Scheme||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between November and December|
|Sainik School Sujanpur Tihara Scholarship||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between July and September|
|Rashtriya Indian Military College Scholarship (Only for RIMC Dehradun)||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between July and September|
|NDA Scholarship Scheme (Only for NDA Khadakwasla)||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between July and September|
|Financial Assistance to the Children of the Armed Forces personnel killed/ disabled during the different war/ operations||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between July and September|
|Mukhya Mantri Gyandeep Yojana||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between July and September|
|Indira Gandhi Utkrisht Chattervriti Yojana for Post plus two Students||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between November and September|
|Lahaul Spiti Pattern||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between July and September|
|Girls Attendance Scholarship||State-Sponsored Scheme||Between July and September|
|Scholarships for PG/Degree & Engineering Level Courses||Technical Education Scheme||Deadline- December 31st every year|
|Scholarships for Diploma Courses||Technical Education Scheme||Deadline- December 31st every year|
|Scholarships for ITI Students||Technical Education Scheme||Deadline- December 31st every year|
*The application period mentioned above is tentative and may change on the discretion of the scholarship provider.
HP ePass Scholarship Portal – How to Apply
The applications for most of the centrally-sponsored and state-sponsored scholarships are now available on the National Scholarship Portal, a dedicated online portal for all government scholarships. However, for the remaining scholarship mentioned above, the applications can be filled up by visiting and registering at the HP ePass Scholarship Portal. What are the steps to be followed to apply for any scholarship? What are the things that you need to keep in mind while applying for a scholarship? The answer to these questions is covered hereunder. Given below is a step-by-step description of how can you apply for an HP scholarship through the portal.
Step 1- Register as a student
- Visit the HP ePass Portal.
- Click on ‘Student Login’ mentioned in the top-right corner.
- Proceed with clicking on the ‘New Student Registration’ if applying for the first time (In case the student has already registered, simply log in).
- Fill in all the required details.
- Click on ‘Register’ after filling all the details carefully.
Step 2- Signing in to the portal
- Log in to the HP ePass portal by providing Aadhar card/ Electronic Identification Number and Password.
- Click on ‘Submit Application’ and you will visit the application form for all kind of scholarship schemes.
- In case you need to apply for a scholarship outside Himachal Pradesh click on ‘Other State’.
Step 3- Filling the application form
- Once the application form opens, fill in all required details including previous institution and course details.
- The candidate will not be able to change his/her personal details provided by them at the time of registration.
- Provide the current institution and course details.
- Proceed with the candidate’s contact details.
- Fill in the bank details in which the scholarship is to be received.
- Complete the application form by self-declaration and entering the captcha code provided at the bottom of the page.
- The student can update or edit the details in parts by logging in to the portal.
- Click on ‘Submit Application’ to complete the application process.
Step 4- Take Printout of the HP ePass Application Form
- Once the application form is submitted successfully, the applicants are required to take the print of the application form.
- Mail the application form with the scheme-specific document(s) to the respective institution before the deadline.
Note- As soon as the students submit the application online, the details will be automatically sent to his/her institute for verification. The students can review and check the status of their application by logging in to the HP ePass Portal.
HP ePass Scholarship Portal- Documents Required
The documents that need to be attached while filling the application form at the HP ePass Portal vary according to the scheme chosen by the student. A generic list of documents that a student needs to provide in support of his/her application has been mentioned below.
- A passport size photo
- Birth certificate
- Aadhar card number
- Mark sheet of the last qualifying examinations
- Bank statement of the student’s bank account
- Caste certificate, tribal certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority
- Receipts and fee structure of the university (if applicable)
HP ePass Scholarship Portal – FAQs
✔️ Who can apply for different scholarships available on HP ePass portal?
The scholarships available under central-sponsored, state-sponsored, and technical schemes category are available only for Himachal Pradesh bonafide students who are studying within or outside the state. Besides this, each scholarship comes with a predefined set of eligibility conditions that every student has to fulfil to proceed with the application process.
✔️ Where can a student apply for central/state-sponsored scholarships?
Earlier, the applications for all types of scholarships were invited through HP ePass portal. However, according to the current scenario, the applications for central/state-sponsored scholarships are now invited through the National Scholarship Portal.
✔️ Does a student have to fill the scholarship application form in one sitting?
No. The students can fill the scholarship application form in as many sittings as they want. However, they are advised to make sure that they have entered the correct information in the application form before submitting it. The portal provides the provision to save the details entered at every stage until the final submission.
✔️ Which are the mandatory fields to be filled in the application form?
The fields that are marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory in the application form. The students should make sure that they have filled every required field in the form.
✔️ Which are the fields that a student can edit after submitting the application?
There is no provision of making any changes in the application form after final submission. However, the students can edit all fields except parental income, mobile number and email id before the final submission. Once the student submits the form, it gets forwarded to the next level.
✔️ What happens if a student finds a mistake in his/her application after submission?
In case, the students finds a mistake in his/her application after submission, he/she should separately inform the the mistakes to concerned Institute/District/Region/State. The institutions/state authorities have the option of editing and correcting limited fields in the application form.
HP ePass Scholarship Portal – Contact Details
In the situation of a query, regarding the HP ePass Portal, the candidates are free to reach out the Joint Director, Higher Education/Nodal Officer Scholarships, Government of Himachal Pradesh by mail at email@example.com
For Technical Education Schemes, the students can contact below-
Directorate of Technical Education, Vocational & Industrial Training Himachal Pradesh,
Sundernagar, Distt. Mandi, Himachal Pradesh -175018.
Phone No: 01907-266120, 267671, 266716,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.