West Bengal Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
West Bengal Minorities’ Development & Finance Corporation invites applications for West Bengal Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2020-21 from students belonging to minority communities and economically weaker section of West Bengal. The scholarship aims to provide adequate financial assistance to students pursuing technical or professional courses.
West Bengal Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a domicile of West Bengal
- Be studying a technical or professional course such as medical, engineering, management, law, CA, etc.
- Have a family income of less than INR 2.5 Lakh per annum
- Belong to the minority community of West Bengal
- Have scored at least 50% marks in Higher Secondary or Graduation examination
Note: The students pursuing a professional or technical course in some listed institutions outside West Bengal are also eligible to apply. Such a list of institutions is notified by WBMDFC from time to time.
Scholarship amount: Up to INR 33,000 per annum.
The applicant needs to provide the photocopy of bank passbook containing the bank account number and IFS code while submitting the hard copy of the completed application form.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all the details.
Step 2: Click on 'Apply Online' and then click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Select the District where the applicant's institute is situated and click on 'Proceed'.
Step 4: Fill in the required details under 'Student Information' and 'Scheme Eligibility' sections.
Step 5: Click on Submit and Proceed.
Step 6: Note down the User ID as displayed on the screen.
Step 7: Login using the registered user id and password.
Step 8: Fill all the required information under 'Basic Information', 'Academic Information', 'Bank Account Details' section.
Step 9: Verify and lock the application.
Step 10: Print & submit the application form along with the required documents to the concerned institute.
Application start Date: 01st August 2020
Application deadline – 15th March 2021
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarship amount will be credited to the student’s bank account through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- Maintenance allowance will be provided for only 10 months in an academic calendar.
- Students applying for this scholarship should fulfil the attendance criteria of the institute in which they are enrolled.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
I'm applying scholarship for study but not summit again and again not exceped why? please help me. Thank you
Asked by Ghuncha Hassan on 15-Jan-2021
SURAJ SAHID on 17-Mar-2021
hi sir my scholarship not approv
Ghuncha Hassan on 15-Jan-2021
I'm applying scholarship for study but not summit again later
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more