New Delhi, 06 December 2022 – Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has invited applications for the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarships 2022 for students belonging to the Economically Weaker Section (EWS). The scholarship is being offered to students who want to pursue their postgraduate studies in government or private colleges in India, thereby ensuring better opportunities for higher education and employability in future.
The scope of this scholarship scheme covers both technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres, which are affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT). Besides, it also encompasses integrated courses after Class 12.
Interested candidates can apply for the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship only through online mode via the official website – http://www.licindia.in/ or Golden Jubilee Foundation link. The last date to apply for the scholarship is 18 December 2022.
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the LIC scholarship scheme and ensure that the application does not get cancelled, candidates must go through the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
|Class 10||Class 12|
|Candidates must have passed the intermediate exam with at least 60% marks/equivalent grades in the academic year 2021-22||Candidates must have passed the higher secondary exam with at least 60% marks/equivalent grades in the academic year 2021-22|
|They must be willing to pursue higher education in the field of Vocational Courses through Government recognized colleges/ institutions or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI)||They should be pursuing higher education in one of the fields of Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Integrated Courses, Diploma Course in any field or other equivalent courses, Vocational Courses, through Government recognized Colleges /Institutes or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs).|
|The annual income (from all sources) of the candidate’s parents must not exceed INR 2.5 lakhs per year|
Note: The regular scholarship is for students who are pursuing undergraduate studies (or its equivalent including integrated courses) and not for postgraduate studies.
Special Girl Scholars:
- The candidates must have passed Class 10 or equivalent exam with at least 60% marks/equivalent grade in the academic year 2021-22
- They must be willing to continue their Class 12 studies
- The annual income (from all sources) of the candidate’s parents must not exceed INR 2.5 lakhs per year
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship – Scheme Duration
- LIC will provide the scholarship amount to regular students for the entire duration of the course.
- Special girl scholars will be given the scholarship for 2 years, provided they fulfil the requisite eligibility conditions for renewal
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship – Award Details
The scholarships are awarded in two categories, which is divided based on a divisional criterion. A total of 20 regular scholarships per Divisional Centre of LIC will be given for pursuing higher studies. 10 scholarships will be awarded to shortlisted male candidates whereas the other 10 scholarships will be given to female students. The awards will be distributed as follows:
- Regular Scholars will be given the scholarship amount of INR 20,000 per year
- Students under the Special Girl Scholars category will be provided INR 10,000 per year
- The amount will be paid in 3 instalments
- The scholarship amount will be transferred to the bank account of the selected scholar through NEFT
- Those selected for the scholarship will have to provide the bank account details and IFSC code and a copy of the cancelled cheque with the name of the beneficiary
- Applicants must remember that the LIC Golden Jubilee scholarship shall not be given to more than one student in a family.