AICTE PG Scholarship, as the name suggests, is a postgraduate scholarship sponsored by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for GATE/GPAT qualified students. Started with the objective to ensure the development of technical education in India, AICTE PG Scholarship awards a monthly scholarship amount of INR 12,400 to students pursuing Master’s degrees in Engineering/ Tech/ Architecture or Pharmacy. Under this AICTE GATE Scholarship, it is mandatory for the scholarship beneficiaries to undertake 8 to 10 hours of teaching and research work as assigned to him/ her by the Institute.
Here in this article, all the information regarding the AICTE PG Scholarship. This information includes the scholarship amount of AICTE GATE scholarship, its application timeline, eligibility conditions, application procedure and more. Find a brief overview of these details in the table given below.
AICTE PG Scholarship – Dates Extended Again
According to the official notification posted on Monday, 14th March 2022, the last date to apply for the AICTE PG scholarship program has been extended again. Presently, the students can now apply for the scholarship program till 25th March 2022. Added to this, the last date for the Student verification by respective Institutions including resubmitted defective applications has also been extended to 31st March 2022.
Overview of AICTE PG Scholarship
|2.||Scholarship rewards||INR 12,400 per month|
|3.||Eligibility||GATE/GPAT qualified students pursuing masters in engineering/tech/architecture/pharma|
|4.||Application process||Apply online through the AICTE portal|
* The application period mentioned above is tentative and subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
AICTE PG Scholarship – Application Period
The application period of AICTE PG Scholarship varies from year-to-year. Though generally this AICTE GATE scholarship is announced during the month of September and the deadline falls in the last week of October. For the academic year 2021-22, the application deadline for this scholarship was 31st December 2021. The last date for the institutions to complete the procedure of student data verification was 15th January 2022. However, the date got extended many times.
AICTE PG Scholarship – Rewards
Initiated by AICTE with the aim to promote higher studies in technical education, the AICTE GATE scholarship offers monthly financial assistance for a period of two years to GATE/GPAT qualified candidates. On being selected for this AICTE PG scholarship, the candidates must make sure that they have a general saving account in the bank in their name only. Now, find below the details of the GATE scholarship.
- The selected candidates receive a scholarship amount of INR 12,400 per month subject to their satisfactory academic performance and abidance by the rules and regulations of the University/Institute.
- The scholarship is tenable for 24 months or for the duration of the course, whichever is lower and is not extended under any circumstance.
AICTE PG Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
AICTE PG scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship, which is disbursed every year to GATE/GPAT qualified candidates. Under this AICTE GATE scholarship, the candidates need to give an undertaking stating that they would not leave the course midway. Given below are the details about the eligibility conditions that the applicants must fulfil in order to avail of the scholarship benefits.
- The applicants must have a valid GATE/GPAT score in order to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The applicants must have taken admission in a full-time AICTE approved programme in the field of engineering, architecture or pharmacy such as Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Architecture or Master of Pharmacy as regular students.
- The qualified candidates must be admitted into AICTE approved institutions or university departments.
- Also, the students who have taken admission into the approved programmes before or after the GATE/GPAT validity are not considered for the AICTE GATE scholarship. And, the candidates who have taken admission under non-sponsored categories/management quota/foreign students cannot avail of the grants of the AICTE GATE scholarship.
All aspiring candidates who wish to know more about this PG scholarship must click here.
AICTE PG Scholarship – Application Process
To help the applicants of the AICTE GATE scholarship, AICTE allows them to fill out the application form through the official AICTE portal. Find the step by step application guideline to help you complete your application process.
- Visit the official AICTE website and register as a new user on the AICTE portal.
- On registering with the AICTE portal, a confirmation email link will be sent on the candidate’s registered email ID.
- Click on the link to confirm the registration.
- Log in at the AICTE portal using their registered email ID/Username and password to fill the AICTE GATE Scholarship.
- Go to the AICTE home page and scroll down to quick links.
- Click on ‘PG Scholarship (GATE/GPAT)’.
- On reaching the page of PG Scholarship (GATE/GPAT), click on ‘Apply for PG Scholarship (GATE/GPAT)’.
- Read the instruction carefully and get the institute ID by clicking on ‘Step 1: Get Institute ID’ to know the permanent ID of your institute.
- After getting the institute ID, the applicants need to click on ‘Step 2: Get PG Student ID’.
- Fill in the name of the State, institute permanent ID, first name, last name, roll number and date of birth.
- After filling in this information, click on ‘Get Student ID’.
- Applicants are advised to note down the student ID for future reference.
- The next step is to get the student ID verified by clicking on the ‘Student ID Verification’ tab. Enter information like State, Institute Permanent ID, Student ID and Date of Birth, and press the button ‘Validate’.
- On successful validation, applicants are directed to the scholarship application page.
- Enter all the required fields and upload the scanned copies of the necessary documents.
- Finally, click on the ‘Submit Application’ button to submit the application form.
AICTE PG Scholarship – Key Documents
There are a few necessary documents that the applicants must keep with them while applying for the AICTE GATE Scholarship. The candidates must upload the scanned copies of the following documents listed below to complete the scholarship application form.
- Scorecard of GATE/GPAT
- Copy of bank passbook
- Caste certificate if the applicant belongs to SC/ST/OBC/PwD
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Copy of National Population Register (NPR) Card (if available)
- Disability certificate
- Backward category certificate
- Income proof
AICTE PG Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
There are a few terms and conditions that the candidates must keep in mind during the application process. Given below is the AICTE GATE scholarship terms and conditions.
- The candidates selected for the AICTE PG scholarship need to undertake 8 to 10 hours per week of work related to teaching and research activities as assigned to them by the Institute. The assigned work could include tutorials, laboratory classes, development and maintenance of laboratories, assistance in research and development activities undertaken by faculty members, maintenance and operation of Computers and other central facilities, etc.
- The candidates who are in part-time courses are not eligible for this AICTE scholarship.
- The candidates must make sure that their bank account name is the same as their candidate name in the scholarship application form.
- The candidates applying under reserved categories must have an authentic certificate.
- The caste certificate to be submitted by the OBC candidates must not be older than 1 year and SC/ST/OBC candidates must have their certificates attested by the Principal of their institute or a gazetted officer.
- Also, if the caste certificate is not in the Hindi/English language, it should be translated and verified in Hindi/English by a notary officer or by the principal on institute letterhead.
- The candidates must keep in mind that they are found involved in any misconduct like ragging, misbehaviour, etc., the scholarship may be discontinued.
- Salary grant or any other grant like the library, books, contingencies, etc, will not be admissible under this scholarship scheme.
- Also, the candidates who are already availing the benefits of other scholarship schemes are not eligible to receive this AICTE scholarship.
AICTE PG Scholarship – Contact Details
In case of any query regarding the AICTE GATE Scholarship, the applicants can send their queries on the email ID or call on the phone number mentioned below.
Phone no.: 011-29581000
For any technical issues in the AICTE portal, contact on:
Phone no.: 011-29581333 (between 9.30 am to 5.30 pm)
If you want to know about more scholarships and fellowships, click here.