UP Scholarship Portal, commonly known as Scholarship & Fee Reimbursement Online System is run by the Government of Uttar Pradesh to provide access to all UP scholarship opportunities available for the students of the state. UP Scholarship Portal not only enlists information related to pre-matric and post-matric scholarships but also allows the students to process further their applications. The portal generally opens in the month of July to December carrying out different activities like scholarship application, application corrections, application status and more.
This article covers every significant information related to the UP scholarship portal including the list of scholarships that it offers, the application process, key features of the portal and contact details. Look up for scholarship that fits with your academic qualification and financial need and apply for them as specified.
Latest Update: The applications for UP Pre-Matric and UP Post-Matric Scholarships for the academic year 2021-22 have started on UP scholarship portal. The last date to apply for Pre-Matric scholarships is 12th October 2021 and for Post-Matric Scholarships is 21st October 2021.
- UP Scholarship Portal – List of Scholarships
- Detailed List of UP Scholarship
- UP Scholarship Portal – Application Process
- Step 1: UP Scholarship Registration
- Step 2: Log in to the dashboard for application
- Step 3: UP scholarship application form filling
- Step 4: Upload the documents
- Step 5: Final submission of the application
- UP Scholarship Portal – Correction
- UP Scholarship Portal – Important Features
- UP Scholarship Portal – Contact Details
UP Scholarship Portal – List of Scholarships
The UP scholarship portal hosts a number of scholarships for students coming from different strata of life. Whether you belong to SC, ST, General, OBC or Minority category, you can find a scholarship for yourself at both pre-matric and post-matric level. Get the complete list of UP scholarships available at the portal in the table given below along with their tentative application period and detailed eligibility criteria.
Detailed List of UP Scholarship
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Application Timeline*||Eligibility|
|1.||Pre-matric Scholarship For ST/SC/General Category||July to December|
|2.||Post matric Intermediate Scholarship For ST/SC/General Category||August to January|
|3.||Post matric (Other than Intermediate) Scholarship for ST, SC, General Category||August to January|
|4.||Post matric Other State Scholarship for ST, SC, General Category||August to January|
|5.||Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities||July to December|
|6.||Post matric (Other Than Intermediate) Scholarship for Minorities||August to January|
|7.||Post matric Intermediate Scholarship for Minorities||August to January|
|8.||Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students||July to December|
|9.||Post matric Intermediate Scholarship for OBC Students||August to January|
|10.||Post matric (Other Than Intermediate) Scholarship for OBC||August to January|
*The application timeline mentioned above is tentative and may change at the discretion of the scholarship provider.
UP Scholarship Portal – Application Process
The application process at UP scholarship portal is easy and simple. The students who fulfil the specified eligibility criteria for the available scholarships can apply for them by following the below-given steps.
Step 1: UP Scholarship Registration
- Go to UP Scholarship and Fee Reimbursement Online System.
- Scroll over the ‘Student’ section and click on “New Registration”.
- Select the scholarship you want to apply for (Note: Options for both fresh and renewal applications are available. Select accordingly).
- Fill in all required details in the UP scholarship registration form.
- Submit the form.
Step 2: Log in to the dashboard for application
- Once the students are registered successfully, they will receive their registration number and password on their registered email id and mobile number.
- Log in to the user dashboard by scrolling over ‘Student’ section and selecting ‘Fresh Login’ or ‘Renewal Login’ for respective pre-matric or post-matric scholarship using your registration number, date of birth and password.
- An instruction page will appear. Read the important instructions carefully and click on ‘Proceed’ to further the application process.
Step 3: UP scholarship application form filling
- Once you reach the user dashboard, click on ‘Fill in the application form’ tab.
- Provide all the details that are marked mandatory in the application form.
- Click on submit.
Step 4: Upload the documents
- Once you have filled the application form carefully, you need to upload certain documents in support of your application by visiting the dashboard and clicking on ‘Upload documents’ tab.
- The documents to be uploaded include –
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Caste certificate (if required)
- Domicile certificate
- Income certificate issued by a competent authority
- Student ID proof
- Residential proof like Aadhaar card, driving license, voter ID, ration card or PAN card
- Mark sheets of qualifying examinations
- Bank passbook of the student
- Current year admission letter/fee receipt
Step 5: Final submission of the application
Once you have filled the form and uploaded all supporting documents, click on the submit button to ensure successful submission of the online application.
UP Scholarship Portal – Correction
Every year, the UP scholarship portal also comes up with an opportunity for students to make corrections in their online applications. The tentative timeline for UP scholarship correction generally falls in the month of October and December. The students who are applying for any scholarship (fresh or renewal) can make corrections in their online application form during the specified timeline. The time-period for pre-matric and post-matric scholarships may vary.
UP Scholarship Portal – Important Features
Despite applying for the UP scholarship, what are the other important features that UP scholarship portal offers to its users? Since it is a dedicated scholarship application and reimbursement portal, all its services are related to scholarships only. Not only the students can apply for the scholarship through this portal, the government officials and institutions can also further carry on the scholarship application/verification procedure through this portal. Some of the key features of UP scholarship portal are given hereunder –
- Information on both pre-matric and post-matric level scholarships is available on one platform.
- Update on key statistics related to UP scholarship application like the number of registrations, number of final submissions, number of applications forwarded by the institutions etc.
- Provides real-time status of the scholarship application under the status section.
- Offers login facility at a government level, institution level and student level.
UP Scholarship Portal – Contact Details
In case, you come across any query related to UP scholarship portal such as problems during scholarship application or documents upload or enquiring about any other information, you can directly contact the respective departments on their toll-free numbers mentioned below.
Social Welfare Department – 18004190001
Backward Class Welfare Department – 18001805131
Minority Welfare Department – 18001805229