09 November, 2022, New Delhi: The University Grants Commission (UGC) is distributing scholarship and fellowship amounts via Direct Benefit Transfers (DBT). The UGC has come up with a bank portal that is integrated with the public financial management system for easy and timely disbursement of scholarship and fellowship amounts, confirmed the UGC chairperson.
The UGC has developed this Scholarship and Fellowship Management Portal (SFMP) in association with Canara Bank for disbursement of the scholarship and fellowship amounts.
- UGC Scholarship and Fellowship Management Portal – Details
- UGC Scholarship and Fellowship Management Portal – Benefits
- UGC Scholarship and Fellowship Management Portal – Implementation
- UGC Scholarship and Fellowship Management Portal – List of Scholarships and Fellowships
- UGC Scholarship and Fellowship Management Portal – Steps to Register
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
UGC Scholarship and Fellowship Management Portal – Details
The Scholarship and Fellowship Management Portal (SFMP) is a management portal run by the UGC for the disbursement of scholarship and fellowship amounts. In accordance with the monthly confirmation of candidates by the relevant university, institution, or college, payments to awardees are automatically generated on the authorized web portal, scholarship.canarabank.in, for all recipients linked by university, institution, or college.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has updated its portal with new features like:
- User-Initiated Linking
- Monthly Payment Confirmation
- Tracking and Grievance
- Onboarding of Academic Users
UGC Scholarship and Fellowship Management Portal – Benefits
Due to the older and delayed payment system and some other issues in the previous SFMP portal, the applicants had to face a lot of issues and delays in receiving their scholarship and fellowship amounts. Therefore, the UGC decided to integrate a bank portal into the SFMP to ensure quick and timely payments of the scholarship amounts to the students. The new changes introduced by the UGC in the SFMS portal are listed down below:
- Linking initiation by scholar
- Confirmation initiation of monthly payment by scholar
- Payment tracking module
- Paperless work
- Grievance module for students
- Onboarding of academic user
The current changes in the system have been adopted to minimize all the inconveniences that the students were facing in usage of the earlier system.
UGC Scholarship and Fellowship Management Portal – Implementation
- The commission has decided to host a virtual training session for nodal officers on the official portal from November 14 to November 18, said the UGC chief.
- It has been made mandatory for all the institutes to designate the relevant nodal officers who work on the SFMP to attend the training for the portal usage.
- The link for the virtual meet will be revealed soon, as confirmed by the Panel chairperson.
UGC Scholarship and Fellowship Management Portal – List of Scholarships and Fellowships
The UGC scholarships and fellowships being disbursed under the newly enhanced portal are as follows:
- Dr. S Radhakrishnan Postdoctoral Fellowship in Humanities & Social Science
- National Fellowship for students of Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- Kothari Fellowship
- NET-JRF Fellowship
- Indira Gandhi Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship-Minority
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC
- Ishan Uday-Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region
- Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Research in Social Sciences
- Emeritus Fellowship
- Post Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates
- PG Scholarship for University Rank holders
- Post Doctoral Fellowship for SC & ST
- PG Scholarship for Professional courses for SC/ST
- BSR Fellowships in Sciences
- UGC-BSR Faculty Fellowship Scheme
- PG Scholarship for M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharma to GATE/GPAT qualified candidates
UGC Scholarship and Fellowship Management Portal – Steps to Register
- The applicant must visit the official website scholarship.canarabank.in. The applicant thereafter needs to register himself/herself by clicking the registration tab on the website.
- Once directed to the registration page, the applicant needs to update all the required information for successfully registering on the portal.
- Once the applicant completes the registration process successfully, he/she must login on the portal. The applicant can find the login credentials on his/her e-mail id.
- Once the applicant has logged in successfully, he/she will be required to change the password.
- As a part of the final step, the applicant needs to login to the portal with their e-mail id and the newly set password.
- The applicant will be successfully logged in to the portal and can use all the features as per his/her requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What does the applicant need to fill in the Student ID column while registering on the portal?
Ans. The Student ID is the unique registered ID of students granted by their respective university under the UGC portal.
2. How can a student track the payment of the scholarship or fellowship amount by the UGC?
Ans. Students can very easily track the scholarship or fellowship amount through the portal by registering themselves on the portal. After the registration, the user can login to his/her account successfully by entering the login credentials sent on the registered e-mail id of the applicant. Once logged in, the user can very easily track his/her payment under the PAYMENT SCHEDULE tab.
3. What should a student do if he/she hasn’t received his/her scholarship or fellowship amount?
Ans. In cases where the student doesn’t receive his/her scholarship or fellowship amount, he/she can drop a complaint in the Grievance section by clicking on the GRIEVANCE tab on the portal.