16 November, New Delhi, University of Waikato Scholarship – The University of Waikato has launched the Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship worth NZ$ 500,000 for Indian students. The scholarship is designed to support Indian talent with the aim of providing assistance to the top-achieving Indian students for the 2023 intakes.
Note- The students will be evaluated on the basis of their academic performance and other all-around accomplishments.
University of Waikato Scholarship – More Details
The Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship for Indian students was previously known as the University of Waikato’s International Excellence Scholarship. It was established in 2015 to support talented international applicants from India who are interested in enrolling as new students in undergraduate or postgraduate programs.
The Scholarships are given as tuition fee credits with a value of NZD$ 15,000 for undergraduate students and NZD$ 15,000 for postgraduate students based on their academic performance.
University of Waikato Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria and Selection Process
- Candidate must be a citizen or permanent resident of India.
- Candidate must enroll for the face-to-face program from the University of Waikato.
- Candidate must be applying for an undergraduate or postgraduate programme as a new international student in the University of Waikato.
- Candidate must have received a conditional or unconditional placement offer from the University of Waikato.
- Candidate must have scored a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) equivalency of B+ grade in the entrance test of the respected course for which he/she is applying in the University.
- Candidate should not be already enrolled with the University of Waikato.
- Candidate should not be taking admission in the university via a sponsored body.
- Candidate should not be taking admission in the university through an exchange programme or a guaranteed credit arrangement.
The selection for the scholarship is done on the basis of a few conditions mentioned as follows:
- On the basis of academic performances.
- On the basis of the caliber to globally represent the University of Waikato.
Note – For more details about the selection process, please click here.
University of Waikato Scholarship – Stipend
The value of this scholarship scheme by the University of Waikato is up to NZD$15,000. The number of scholarships to be awarded will be based on the discretion of the University of Waikato.
The other factors on which the scholarship disbursement will depend are as follows.
- Availability of funds
- Intended programme of study
- Duration of the programme
- Number of credits enrolled
- Grade Point Average (GPA) equivalency
University of Waikato Scholarship – How to Apply?
Applying for the University of Waikato scholarship is easy and convenient. The interested and eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of University of Waikato – waikato.ac.nz.
- Search for the scholarship tab on the home page and click on it.
- Once the scholarship page opens, go to the international students option.
- Apply for the preferred scholarship by providing for all the requisite details and documents.
- Save and submit the scholarship form and wait for the University’s approval of the application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the last date to apply for the scholarship?
Ans. University of Waikato hasn’t announced the last date of applying for the scholarship yet.
2. The students must enroll in which session for being eligible for the scholarship?
Ans. The students must enroll in the 2023-24 session to be eligible for the scholarship.
3. Is it mandatory for the students to enroll for the face-to-face program in the university to be eligible for the scholarship?
Ans. Yes, Indian students who are enrolling in the face-to-face programare only eligible for the scholarship.