New Delhi, 21 December 2021 – The University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) have extended the application deadlines for their national scholarship schemes till 31 December 2021. Candidates who are yet to apply for scholarships provided by UGC and AICTE can apply through the National Scholarship Portal.
Due to deadline extension, students can apply for a total of seven scholarships. Four of them are offered by UGC and three are provided by AICTE. The four schemes offered by UGC include the UGC Ishan Uday Special Scheme for North East Region, PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child, PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders, and PG SC/ST Scholarship Scheme.
The three scholarships offered by AICTE include AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girl Students, AICTE Saksham Scholarship for Specially-Abled Students, and AICTE SWANATH Scholarship.
Note: The three AICTE scholarships are for students pursuing technical degree and diploma courses from AICTE-approved institutions only.
How to Apply for UGC and AICTE Scholarships?
Students don’t have to visit different links to apply for these scholarships. They can register simply by visiting the National Scholarship Portal.
To do so, please follow the steps given below:
- Visit the NSP website – https://scholarships.gov.in/
- On the center of the homepage, click on UGC/AICTE Schemes.
- This will show two links, one for UGC and the other for AICTE.
- Click on the appropriate links to view the info about the different scholarships. You need to acquaint yourself with your preferred scholarship’s guidelines and FAQs before putting in your application.
- Once you are well-acquainted with your preferred scheme, navigate to the top-right of the homepage and click on ‘New Registration’.
- Provide your name, email address, phone number, date of birth, and other information.
- Enter the captcha code and click on ‘REGISTER’ to finalize your application.
Which Documents are Required to Apply for UGC and AICTE Scholarships?
You need to keep the following documents handy before applying for the scholarships:
- Educational Documents
- Bank Account Number and IFSC Code
- Aadhaar Card (if Aadhaar is not available, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute/School and Aadhaar Enrolment ID)
- Scanned Copy of Bank Passbook
Note: For pre-matric scholarship schemes, where students do not have their own bank accounts, parents can provide their account details. However, parents’ account numbers can only be used for a maximum of two children.