The Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarships or Narotam Sekhsaria Postgraduate Scholarships 2022-23 is a prestigious, non-government financial scheme introduced by the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation. It is offered only to the brightest and meritorious Indian students to pursue higher studies at Indian and international universities. This scholarship scheme acts as a helping hand in the form of interest-free PG loans to students who want to pursue their postgraduation courses at top-ranking colleges.
Candidates who want to apply for this scholarship scheme must read all the details like eligibility criteria, registration process, dates related to this scheme and more in this article.
What is Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship 2022-23?
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship 2022 is an educational opportunity run by the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation that offers both full and partial scholarships as interest-free loans to selected scholars who meet the standards defined by the Foundation. The scholarship is awarded in the fields of:
- Applied Sciences
- Pure Sciences
- Social Sciences
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship 2022-23 – Important Dates
|Start date to apply for Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship||4th January 2022|
|Last date to apply for Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship||15th March 2022|
|Interview in Mumbai||May/June 2022|
|Notification to recipients||June 2022|
Note: Above given schedule is tentative and it may vary according to the situation of the country or as per the norms provided by the concerned authorities.
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship 2022-23 – Eligibility Criteria
One of the most important requirements to apply for the Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship 2022-23 is a steady academic record of the candidate. Apart from this criterion, the other criteria that students require to meet to be eligible for the scholarship program are:
- The candidates should be Indian nationals residing in India.
- The applicant must be below 30 years of age as on 31st January 2022.
- The applicants must be graduates of an accredited Indian University (Note: Students in the final year of the degree course, or those awaiting results are also eligible).
- Students who have applied and are awaiting acceptance from the university are also eligible to apply.
- Students planning to pursue postgraduate studies at top ranking institutions from Fall 2022 can also apply.
Note: The award of scholarship is subject to securing admission
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship 2022-23 – Application Process
The application process for the Narotam Sekhsaria scholarship is simple and has to be completed online. The eligible applicants have to register themselves for the application process by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation.
- Pre-register to stay up to date on the application process by clicking on this pre-registration link.
- Once successfully registered, the applicant must log in using the email address and password created during the registration process.
- Applicants shortlisted for the next phase of the selection process will be required to upload the requested documents.
- Shortlisted applicants will be sent an invite for an interview during May/June 2022, which they need to attend.
- The recipients of the scholarship will be notified by the end of June 2022.
Note: Incomplete applications will NOT be considered and the applicants must submit their forms by 15th March 2022
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship 2022-23 – Documents Required
Certain documents are required to be provided by the shortlisted candidates to ensure that only students who truly deserve and need the scholarship are allotted the grant. The list of documents to be attached is given hereunder –
- Attested copies of the transcripts and the mark sheets of the applicant
- Acceptance letter of the institution they are enrolling to
- Attested copies of the mark sheets of any qualifying examination like GRE, GATE, GMAT, CAT, etc.
- Reference letters
- Any document demonstrating the awards of any other scholarship or fees waiver
- Attested copy of the applicant’s passport
- Newest income tax returns of guardians
Note: Apart from the above-mentioned documents, the Foundation may request the applicant to submit any other document required to verify the details provided in the scholarship application form.
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship 2022-23 – Selection Criteria
There is a specific step by step selection process that applicants must know when applying for the scholarship scheme:
Phase 1: After the registration portal closes, the applications will go through rigorous verification by the concerned authority.
Phase 2: The shortlisted candidate will be informed between April to May 2022 after the completion of the verification process.
Phase 3: The shortlisted candidates will go through an interview process which will be held in Mumbai between May and June 2022.
Phase 4: Lastly, the final selected candidates will be informed by the concerned authorities by the end of June 2022.
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship 2022-23 – Loan Repayment Process
The scholarship is awarded in the form of an interest-free loan to the scholars and has a ceiling amount of INR 20 Lakh. Scholarships are awarded in the field and related areas of Applied Sciences, Pure Sciences, Law, Architecture, Social Sciences and Humanities, Management and Engineering at any prestigious university in India or abroad.
Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation offers its grants to scholars in instalments in a pre-defined way. The disbursement of the scholarship is done once the foundation receives the copy of the visa of the student (if applicable).
Since the scholarship grants are provided to the students in the form of a loan, they have to be repaid after a certain amount of time. Since the loan is interest-free, it gives scholars the benefit of paying back exactly the amount spent on their education and omitting the interest levied on the amount. The repayment of the loan is done in a prescribed way. The process of repayment of the amount has to be as follows:
|1st year after completion of PG program||Nil|
|2nd year after completion of PG program||30% of the total scholarship amount|
|3rd year after completion of PG program||35% of the total scholarship amount|
|4th year after completion of PG program||35% of the total scholarship amount|
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship 2022-23 – Points to Remember
The applicant must keep these points in mind while applying for the scholarship program-:
- Do not wait for the last date to apply for the scholarship
- Check the eligibility for applying for the scholarship
- Have a valid and active mobile number that will remain active in the upcoming days
- Must have a valid and effective email ID
- Prefer using a laptop or a desktop for application form submission
- Avoid using mobile phones for online submission of the scholarship
- Keep all the documents ready before applying for the scholarship
- Check the application form details carefully before final submission
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship 2022-23 – Contact Details
In case of any queries, candidates can contact the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation via the below contact points:
- Address – 1st Floor, Nirmal Building, Nariman Point, Churchgate, Mumbai- 400021
- Phone Number – 022-61326200
- Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship 2022-23 – FAQs
When does the application procedure open?
The application procedure for Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship 2022 will open from 4th January 2022.
Can I send the Narotam Sekhsaria scholarship application form via post?
No. The application form has to be submitted ONLINE. Opting for any other mode to submit the scholarship application will not be considered valid.
Can engineering students receive Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation Engineering Scholarships?
Yes. The scholarship program is applicable for postgraduate students in the field of engineering.
Can I make changes to the Narotam Sekhsaria scholarship application form?
Yes, the application can be edited until it is finally submitted. Once submitted, no edits are possible.