Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program 2021 is a dedicated fellowship program of Schaeffler India that aims to recognize and reward individuals who are developing unique solutions with potential to positively impact the society at scale. Under this fellowship, a total of 11 projects that solve a social challenge, carry a sustainable angle, and have scaling possibilities, will be provided with fellowship grants worth INR 15 lakh.
Who can avail benefits under this fellowship program? What process must be followed to apply for the Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program? By when can a candidate apply for this fellowship? What benefits will be offered to the selected candidates? What steps are involved in the selection of fellows? The answers to all these questions are covered in this article. Read further to get detailed insight about the Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program.
- Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program – An Overview
- Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program – Key Dates
- Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program – Eligibility
- Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program – Award Details
- Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program – Application Process
- Schaeffler India Social innovator Fellowship Program – Key Documents
- Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program – Selection Process
- Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program – Contact Details
Schaeffler India has introduced this fellowship program to support young innovators who are in the age group of 18 to 30 years and have a unique solution that can create a positive impact on the society at scale. The total worth of the fellowship grant is INR 15 lakh that will be given to 11 successful candidates. The table given below provides in-depth information about the fellowship program for your reference.
Detailed Overview of Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program
|Name of the Fellowship||Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program 2021|
|Provider Detail||Schaeffler India|
|Eligibility||Young innovators between 18 and 30 years of age|
|Award||Fellowship grants worth INR 15 Lakh|
|Number of Fellowships||11|
|Application Timeline*||Between September and October|
|Fellowship Announcement||In January 2022 (tentative)|
*The application timeline mentioned above is tentative and may change at the discretion of the provider.
Before heading on to know every significant detail related to the fellowship program, it is important for the candidates to keep track of the important dates related to it. The applications for Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program 2021 are currently open. The last date to submit your entries is October 31, 2021. Furthermore, the announcement of fellowship and induction to the online/residential mentoring program in partner institutions will take place in January 2022 (tentative).
To avail benefits under the Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program, the candidates are required to fulfil a certain set of eligibility criteria set by the provider. An applicant must –
- Be a resident of India
- Belong to the age group of 18 to 30 years (as of 1st September 2021)
Important Points to Remember
1. Early-stage start-ups or NGOs with functioning prototype can participate
2. The entries must not just be a concept, idea or mock-up. It needs to fulfil the following 3 requirements:
- Must be solving a social challenge
- Should carry a sustainability angle
- Should have scaling possibilities
3. The project MUST NOT be an established commercial venture
4. Participants also need to submit the entries describing their work in the form of video that can be uploaded on the website
5. The project must be related to any of the below categories:
- Transforming Education for the Underprivileged
- Health & Nutrition
- Renewable Energy and Environment
- Water Conservation
- Waste Management
As many as 11 projects will be selected under the Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program. The candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria and qualify the selection process will receive the fellowship grant worth INR 15 lakh. The details of the fellowship provided to the selected candidates is given below –
- Grant of INR 5 lakh will be provided to 1 winner
- Grant of INR 1 lakh each will be provided to the other 10 awardees
In addition to the grant, the candidates will also receive the following benefits –
- An opportunity for residential mentorship at a premium college/institution to help the winners to further develop and scale their solutions
- Access to Schaeffler India network & partners
- Entry to a fellow community of peers
If you find yourself eligible for the Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program, you can apply for it online by following the steps mentioned below –
Step 1: Visit the official scholarship page.
Step 2: Read all the details carefully and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Step 3: A separate registration page will open. Fill in all required details and click on the ‘Create new account’ button.
Step 4: After successful creation of the account, log in to proceed with the fellowship application form. Fill in all required details in the application.
Step 5: Upload relevant documents and a video describing the ideas/project and answer the questions that have been asked.
Step 6: Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
Step 7: Cross-check application details in ‘preview mode’ and click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
While applying for the Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program, the applicants are required to upload the following documents –
- A video of 90 to 120 seconds describing the idea/project
- An idea pitch deck in PDF format with size less than 4 MB (optional)
- Aadhaar Card
The winners of the Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program will be determined through a multi-stage selection process, as detailed below –
1. All eligible applications will be reviewed and scored basis the following criteria:
- Solving a social challenge
- Sustainability & scalability
- Technology-based idea (a mobile app, device) having a positive impact on the underprivileged
- Stage of idea implementation towards the impact
2. Telephonic interview and document verification
3. Semi-final round by Schaeffler India team
4. A project pitch presentation to Jury panel & leaders (organized by Schaeffler India team) and final interview
In case you have any query related to the fellowship program, its eligibility, application process, award details, selection process, etc., feel free to get in touch through the contact details given below –
Phone: 011-430-92248 (Ext- 132) (Monday to Friday – 10:00 AM to 6 PM)