Sarla Devi Scholarship Scheme is an initiative of Dharampal Satyapal Charitable Trust which is promoted by the DS Group. This is a merit-cum-means scholarship programme that caters to the needs of meritorious and needy students who are unable to pursue education due to financial difficulties and certain personal crisis. This scholarship scheme empowers students with education and provides them with a chance to work towards a better academic future. Under Sarla Devi Scholarship scheme, the deserving students of Delhi NCR get the opportunity to avail a scholarship benefit of up to INR 75,000.
The Sarla Devi Scholarship Scheme includes two scholarships.
- Sarla Devi Scholarship
Started to support meritorious students of economically backward section of the society to pursue education, the scholarship offers up to INR 75,000 to students who are studying degree courses in Science, Arts, Commerce and Vocational streams.
- Sarla Devi Scholarship for Students in Crisis
Under Sarla Devi Scholarship for Students in Crisis, those financially weak students who are facing some kind of personal crisis are eligible to avail INR 10,000 to complete their education.
In this article, we have covered the complete information about this merit-cum-means scholarship scheme. Details such as Scholarship amount, key dates, the required eligibility conditions, application process, important documents and more are described here. Find below table with the highlights of both the scholarships mentioned above.
Highlights of Sarla Devi Scholarship Scheme
|1.||List of scholarships||
|2.||Total number of scholarships available||
|4.||Eligibility conditions||Sarla Devi Scholarship
Sarla Devi Scholarship for Students in Crisis
Single parent ward
Cancer patient/deceased parent ward
Chronic illness (both candidate & immediate family)
Residents of Delhi NCR
|5.||Application process||Online application through Buddy4Study portal|
Now that you have gone through the highlights of Sarla Devi scholarship scheme, read the detailed description of these merit-cum-means scholarships.
Sarla Devi Scholarship Scheme – Key Dates
The year 2019 is the first time that Sarla Devi Scholarship Scheme has been launched for the benefit of meritorious and needy students. Both the scholarships under this scheme was started in the month of January 2019. The deadline of the scholarships is highlighted below.
Key Dates of Sarla Devi Scholarship Scheme
|S.No.||Name of Scholarships||Last date to apply for the scholarship|
|1.||Sarla Devi Scholarship||31st March 2019|
|2.||Sarla Devi Scholarship for Students in Crisis||31st March 2019|
Sarla Devi Scholarship Scheme – Rewards
The candidates selected under the Sarla Devi Scholarship scheme receive financial assistance so that they do not encounter any monetary hindrance while pursuing education. The details of the scholarship amounts are given in the table below.
Award Details of Sarla Devi Scholarship Scheme
|1.||Sarla Devi Scholarship||
|2.||Sarla Devi Scholarship for Students in Crisis||
Sarla Devi Scholarship Scheme – Eligibility Conditions
In order to be eligible for the scholarships, the applicants must be enrolled in the prescribed colleges/institutes of Delhi NCR, which comprises parts of three neighbouring states of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan along with the whole of the National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi. Find below the complete details about the eligibility conditions of Sarla Devi Scholarship scheme that a candidate must fulfil to avail scholarship benefits.
Eligibility Criteria of Sarla Devi Scholarship Scheme
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Eligibility Details|
|1.||Sarla Devi Scholarship||Applicants pursuing Science, Arts, Commerce and Vocational courses are eligible for this scholarship. However, eligibility for each of these disciplines is different.
Students of Science stream need to fulfil the conditions mentioned below:
Students of Arts stream need to fulfil the following conditions:
Students of Commerce stream need to fulfil the following criteria:
Students pursuing Vocational courses need to fulfil the following conditions:
|2.||Sarla Devi Scholarship for Students in Crisis||In order to be eligible for this scholarship, the candidates need to fulfil the following conditions.
Single parent ward (only mother)
Cancer patient/deceased parent ward
Chronic illness (both candidate and immediate family)
UP: Baghpat, Bulandshahr, Gautam Budh Nagar, Ghaziabad, Hapur, Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, Shamli
Haryana: Bhiwani, Charkhi, Dadri, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jhajjar, Jind, Karnal, Mahendragarh, Nuh, Palwal, Panipat, Rewari, Rohtak, Sonipat
Rajasthan: Alwar, Bharatpur
Note: The applicants wanting to avail the benefits of Sarla Devi Scholarship scheme must be enrolled in the Delhi NCR colleges/institutes mentioned below.
MBBS, Engineering or Nursing students must be studying in:
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
- Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College & Hospital
- Lady Hardinge Medical College – [LHMC]
- Maulana Azad Medical College – [MAMC]
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences – [AIIMS], New Delhi
- University College of Medical Sciences – [UCMS], New Delhi
- B.P. Government Engineering College, New Delhi
- B. Pant Govt. Engineering College, New Delhi
- Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi
- NIT Delhi
- IIIT Delhi
- DTU Delhi
- Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies and Research – [AIACTR]
- IIT Delhi
- NSIT Delhi
- Ahilya Bai College of Nursing
- Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing
- Delhi Nursing Council (B.Sc.)
- AIIMS (B.Sc. Hons. Nursing)
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research – [HIMSR], New Delhi
- Jamia Hamdard [B.Sc. Hons. Nursing]
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University – [GGSIPU], New Delhi
Students of LLB, Psychology or Mass communication must be studying in:
- Faculty of Law Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
- Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, New Delhi
- P. Jindal Global University, Jindal Global Law School – [JGLS], Sonepat
- Indian Law Institute – [ILI], New Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women
- Zakir Husain Delhi College
- Kamala Nehru College, University of Delhi
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women
- Jesus and Mary College – [JMC], New Delhi
- Kalindi College, DU
- Maharaja Agrasen College, DU
- Institute of Home Economics – B.A. (Hons.) Journalism
- Indraprastha College for Women
- Kamla Nehru College
- Jamia Milia Islamia (M.A. (Mass Communication))
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi
- Delhi College of Arts & Commerce, New Delhi
CA/CS aspirants must be registered with:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (CA)
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) (CS)
Students of Vocational courses must be enrolled in:
- Delhi Institute of Vocational Training Center (Interior Decorator)
- Sriram Institute of Professional and Vocational Studies (Fashion Designing)
- National Council of Vocational and Research Training (3 months program)
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Training Institute
- National Vocational Training Institute for Women
Sarla Devi Scholarship Scheme – Application Process
The application process of both the scholarships under Sarla Devi Scholarship scheme is simple and easy for applicants to understand. Follow the steps highlighted below to apply for any of the scholarships.
Step 1: First, the applicants need to register with Buddy4Study as a new user.
Step 2: Now, the applicants applying for Sarla Devi Scholarship must click here and applicants applying for Sarla Devi Scholarship for Students in Crisis must click here to login using Facebook, Google or Email account.
Step 3: After logging, the candidate must select the category and click on ‘Start Application’ button.
Step 4: The applicants need to fill all the required details such as Personal Details, Education Details, Family Members, References, More About Yourself and then upload necessary documents.
Step 5: Finally, the applicants must submit the completed application form after making sure that every detail is correct.
Sarla Devi Scholarship Scheme – Key Documents
While filling the application form, the applicants must make sure that they have the scanned copies of all the necessary documents with them. The necessary documents that students need to have a copy of are listed below.
- Applicants’ latest passport size photograph
- Marksheets of previous exams
- Income certificate
- Applicants’ admission letter
- Applicants’ identity proof (Aadhaar card)
Sarla Devi Scholarship Scheme – Contact Details
In case of any query regarding Sarla Devi Scholarship Scheme, the applicants can send their questions to the address mentioned below.
Phone No.: 8929016464
Address: Stellar IT Park, Tower–1,
Ground Floor, Office No. 8, 9 & 10,
C – 25, Sector – 62, Noida – 201301, India.
If you wish to know about more scholarships, click here.