Robotics Scholarships – In an era dominated by technological advancements, the field of robotics stands at the forefront of innovation, promising to revolutionise industries and reshape the way we interact with the world. With the rise of automation and artificial intelligence, the demand for skilled robotics professionals is rapidly increasing, making robotics education a gateway to a promising career.
Recognising the importance of nurturing talent in this cutting-edge domain, numerous organisations, institutions, and governmental bodies in India have stepped forward to offer robotics scholarships.
These scholarships provide students with the means to unlock their potential and play a significant role in shaping the future of technology.
In this article, we delve into the realm of robotics scholarships in India and globally, exploring the opportunities, benefits, and application processes that aspiring candidates can leverage to embark on their educational journey.
Robotics Scholarships – Detailed List
Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship 2023-24
The Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship for 2023-24 is a research opportunity provided by the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE). It is one of the robotics scholarships that aims to acknowledge, motivate, and assist exceptional engineers engaged in translational research, aiming to achieve excellence in engineering, innovation, and technology development. Successful applicants will be granted a monthly fellowship of INR 25,000 and additional benefits and support.
To be considered eligible for the Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian national or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- Professional Qualification: The applicant must possess an adequate professional qualification relevant to the field of engineering, innovation, and technology development.
- Educational Background: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required for the applicant to be considered eligible for the fellowship.
- Remaining Service Period: The applicant must have at least five years of service left in their parent organisation as of the award date.
- Fellowship Status: The applicant must not hold any other fellowship concurrently with the Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship.
- Monthly Fellowship: The fellowship provides a monthly stipend of INR 25,000 in addition to the recipient’s regular income. This financial support ensures that the selected candidates can focus on their research and innovation work without financial constraints.
- Research Grant: Each fellow will be awarded a generous research grant of INR 15 lakh per year. This grant is intended to support the fellow’s research activities, including expenses related to equipment, materials, travel, and other research-related costs.
- Overhead Allowance: The fellowship also includes an overhead allowance of INR 1 lakh per annum. This overhead allowance is provided to cover administrative and operational costs associated with the fellow’s research work.
The fellowship is taxable as per the IT rules of the Government of India.
The Dean’s International Scholarship for Electronic and Electrical Engineering 2023-24
The Dean’s International Scholarship for Electronic and Electrical Engineering 2023-24 is an opportunity offered by Brunel University, London. In 2020, the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering gained formal recognition as a prominent engineering department within the College of Engineering, Design, and Physical Sciences.
As a result, the university is continuing the scholarship for Electronic and Electrical Engineering undergraduate and postgraduate courses for the academic year 2023-24.
One of the top robotics scholarships, it is exclusively open to full-time international students, including Indian nationals. It will be disbursed once for each eligible level of study, provided that the recipients fulfil the necessary progression requirements. The crucial details of the scholarship are mentioned below.
To be considered eligible for a Dean’s Scholarship, applicants must meet the entry criteria for admission to the following courses within the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering:
- B.Eng. Computer Systems Engineering
- B.Eng./M.Eng. Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- M.Sc. Sustainable Electrical Power
- M.Sc. Electric Vehicle Systems
Additionally, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must have received an offer to study on one of the above programs commencing in September 2023.
- Applicants must be classified as Overseas fee-paying students according to UK government regulations. Those uncertain about their fee status should be aware that Brunel uses the information provided in their application form to assess fee status in compliance with the UK government’s regulations. For more details on these regulations, please refer to the website of the independent organisation UKCISA.
- Applicants must have received an Unconditional Firm offer of a place by the time Scholarships are confirmed in September.
Nationality: The scholarship is open to all international students, including Indian nationals.
Course Subjects: The course subjects include Robotics and Mechatronics, and other engineering and related technologies.
Award Details: Eligible students applying for the courses will receive a tuition fee waiver of 2,000 GBP.
Note: Scholarship eligibility will be assessed automatically, and scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program
The University of Sydney, known for its excellent academics and global connections, introduced the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program. It is one of the robotics scholarships which is specifically designed to identify and assist exceptional international students, including Indian nationals, who wish to pursue their higher education at one of Australia’s top universities.
The primary objective of this program is to enhance the collaboration between the University and India, focusing on research investment, partnerships with industry stakeholders, and a stronger dedication to education, thereby empowering students to reach their maximum potential.
The program also offers courses in robotics and intelligent systems, providing students with exciting opportunities in these fields of study.
To be eligible for the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program the applicants must meet the below-mentioned criteria.
- The applicant must be an international student as per the definition given in the Higher Education Support Act 2003, excluding Australian citizens and Australian permanent residents.
- The applicant must hold Indian citizenship and currently reside in India.
- The candidate must have applied for, but not yet commenced, an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at the University of Sydney at the time of applying for the scholarship.
Note: Candidates are ineligible if they are a permanent resident of Australia or if they have previously been a recipient of the University of Sydney India Scholarship.
- Academic Excellence: Candidates for the scholarship will be selected based on their academic merit.
- Offer of Admission: Applicants must have received an unconditional offer of admission or a conditional offer with all conditions met (excluding the payment of tuition fees) for a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at the University of Sydney.
- Commencement of Studies: Scholarship recipients must commence their studies at the University of Sydney in the semester and academic year for which the scholarship has been awarded.
A total of 28 scholarships will be granted each year, comprising:
- 3 scholarships worth $40,000 per annum for any undergraduate degree lasting up to four years.
- 10 first-year scholarships worth $20,000 each, applicable to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- 15 first-year scholarships worth $10,000 each, also open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF)
The Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) is a fellowship program launched by the Government of India. It is one of the robotics scholarships that aims to support exceptional research talents in various disciplines and promote research and innovation.
The PMRF provides financial assistance and research grants to doctoral students at premier institutions in India, including robotics students who meet the eligibility criteria. It emphasises interdisciplinary research and collaboration, encouraging scholars to address real-world challenges and contribute to scientific and technological growth.
To be eligible for this research fellowship program, candidates must meet the following criteria.
- Nationality: The PMRF is open to Indian nationals and candidates with Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) status are eligible to apply.
- Academic Qualification: Candidates should have completed or be pursuing the final year of a four-year undergraduate program (or five-year integrated program) leading to a bachelor’s degree, or a five-year undergraduate program in medicine, pharmacy, or architecture. Alternatively, candidates should hold a master’s degree in science, engineering, or technology.
- Academic Performance: Candidates must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)/Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) of 8 on a 10-point scale or equivalent. For candidates from institutions that do not follow the CGPA/CPI system, a minimum of 75% marks or equivalent is required.
- Qualifying Examinations: Candidates must have appeared in one of the following national examinations: GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), JGEEBILS (Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences), JAM (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.), or JEST (Joint Entrance Screening Test).
- Financial Support: PMRF scholars receive a monthly fellowship amount of INR 70,000 for the first two years of their Ph.D. programme. In the third year, the fellowship amount is increased to INR 75,000 per month and for the last two years of their Ph.D., the scholarship amount is INR 80,000.
- Research Grant: Each PMRF fellow is eligible for a research grant of up to INR 2 lakh per year.
Robotics Scholarships – Where to Apply?
Below are some of the leading robotics scholarships along with the corresponding application links for interested students to apply.
|Name of the Scholarship||Application Link|
|Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship 2023-24||Apply Now|
|Brunel University Dean’s International Scholarship||Apply Now|
|Sydney-India Scholarship Program||Apply Now|
|Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF)||Apply Now|
Also Read: Top Science Scholarships for Indian Students
Robotics Scholarships – FAQs
What are robotics scholarships?
Robotics scholarships are financial assistance programs to support students pursuing education and research in robotics. These scholarships cover tuition fees, living expenses, research grants, and other educational costs related to robotics studies.
How much scholarship is offered under the Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship 2023-24 scheme?
A monthly stipend of INR 25,000 is offered under the Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship 2023-24 scheme.
When does Brunel University's academic session of 2023 begin?
The academic session 2023 at Brunel University will start in September 2023.
How many scholarships are available at Brunel University for 2023?
There are a total of 70 scholarships available at Brunel University for the academic year 2023.
Is there a reservation quota for the Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF)?
No, there is no reservation quota for the Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF).
What is the fellowship amount for the Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship for 2023-24?
Selected candidates will receive a monthly stipend of INR 25,000 under this fellowship program.
Is robotics covered by the Dean's International Scholarship for Electronic and Electrical Engineering 2023-24?
Yes, the Dean's International Scholarship for Electronic and Electrical Engineering 2023-24 offered by Brunel University covers robotics.
How much scholarship is offered by the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program?
Selected candidates will receive a scholarship of up to $40,000 under the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program.
How can I contact Brunel University for further queries about the Dean's International Scholarship for Electronic and Electrical Engineering 2023-24 program?
Students can reach out to Admissions Tutor Dr. Konstantinos Banitsas at Konstantinos.Banitsas@brunel.ac.uk.