NSF scholarship, offered by the North South Foundation based in Illinois (USA), is a merit-cum-means scholarship. The main objective of this MCM scholarship is to financially support meritorious and economically backward students of the country in their endeavour to complete graduation. Under NSF scholarship, the applicants who have passed class 12 and are entering into professional courses are eligible to apply. Also, this is an annual scholarship which assists over 1000 students every year till the completion of their graduation. However, candidates need to maintain high academic standards.
In this article, you will find all the relevant details regarding the NSF scholarship. These details include the application period of the scholarship, rewards, eligibility conditions, application process and more. Now, find a brief overview of this scholarship in the table given below.
Overview of NSF Scholarship
|1.||Application period*||October to November|
|2.||Rewards||Up to INR 25,000|
|3.||Eligibility||Class 12 passed student entering college|
|4.||Application process||Online application through official website of NSF|
* The application period mentioned above is tentative and subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Now that you know briefly about this merit-cum-means scholarship, let’s read the complete details of it as mentioned below.
NSF Scholarship – Application Period
The application period of this merit-cum-means scholarship may vary from year-to-year. However, NSF scholarship is generally announced during the month of September/October every year. In the year 2018, this MCM scholarship was active during the months of October to November and the closing date fell in the last week of November. So, keep an eye out for this scholarship during these months if wish to avail its benefits.
NSF Scholarship – Scholarship Amount
The candidates from all over India are selected for NSF scholarship on the basis of merit and their financial needs. Under this merit-cum-means scholarship scheme, over 1000 students are selected who become eligible to receive a scholarship amount of INR 8,000 to INR 25,000. One thing that a candidate must keep in mind is that he/she can not avail this MCM scholarship if he/she already gets aids or scholarship support from some other source.
NSF Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for this merit-cum-means scholarship, the candidates need to fulfil certain eligibility conditions. Highlighted below are the complete details of eligibility criteria of NSF scholarship.
- The applicants must be amongst the top 10% in Class 10 and 12 and CET/JET ranks of their states.
- The applicants must have secured admission to professional courses like Engineering, Medical, Dental, Polytechnic, B.Sc (Agr), B.V.Sc, etc., in a government or government-aided college.
- The annual income of the candidates’ must not be more than INR 1 Lakh.
NSF Scholarship – Application Procedure
The application process of NSF scholarship is quite simple and easy. The applicants can apply online for this merit-cum-means scholarship through the official website of North South Foundation. Given below are the steps to be followed by candidates who wish to apply for the scholarship.
- First, the applicants need to visit the official website of North South Foundation and click on ‘India Scholarship’ listed under ‘INDIA LOGIN’ which opens a new web page.
- The applicants, now, need to click on ‘Applicant’ to open ‘Applicant Login Page’.
- The candidates must read all the information given on the page and then, click on ‘If you are a New User, Click Here’ to register as a new user on NSF website.
- The applicants receive an activation link on their registered email id which needs to be clicked to complete the registration process.
- Now, the candidates must use the newly created user id and password to login on NSF and click on the ‘File new submission’ to start the application process.
- The candidates, now, must fill all the required information in the application form such as student details, personal details, education details, family and financial details.
- Then, the candidates should upload the required documents and submit the form to complete the application process.
NSF Scholarship – Key Documents
The interested candidates must have some important documents with them while filling the scholarship application form of this merit-cum-means scholarship. Given below is the list of important documents to be uploaded by the candidates.
- College Admission Card
- CET/JEE/NEET rank card
- Bonafide certificate from the college into which student secured admission
- Certificates showing marks secured from class 10 to 12 duly attested
- Proof of tuition fees paid /payable annually duly certified by college authorities
- Income Certificate issued by a Revenue Official or any other competent authority
- Ration card / Aadhar card
- Two passport size photographs
- One family photo with their family standing in front of the house they live in
- Reservation class card duly certified, if the entrance exam rank card does not have the reservation class
NSF Scholarship – Selection Process
The applicants of this MCM scholarship are purely selected on the basis of merit irrespective of candidates’ caste, religion, gender or geographical origin. Highlighted below are some steps that followed to select candidates for this merit-cum-means scholarship.
- The applications submitted by the candidates are first vetted by the Indian Chapter Coordinator (ICC).
- Then, the shortlisted candidates along with their parents are called for personal interview to be conducted by ICC and a selection panel.
- Based on this interview, the selection panel sends their recommendation to NSF India Coordinator in Hyderabad.
- The final list of selected students is released after the approval of the NSF India Coordinator and US scholarship team.
- The candidates receive their scholarships in an award ceremony organised by the NSF in their honour.
NSF Scholarship – Contact Details
In case of any query regarding NSF scholarship, the applicants can contact Ganesh Dasari of NSF at the email ID mentioned below:
Email Id: email@example.com
If you wish to know about more merit-cum-means scholarships, then read ‘MCM Scholarship – Know All About Merit cum Means Scholarship’.
Also, read ‘Means Scholarship – All You Need to Know’ which lists those scholarships that are meant for economically deprived students.