Marubeni Scholarship– Marubeni is a major Japanese trading company that has its presence in India for over 60 years. The organisation, as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), offers 100 meritorious students financial support through Marubeni Scholarship. Launched with the objective of changing lives and improving society, the scholarship caters those students who have passed class 12 and wish to pursue higher education.
Here in this article, we will talk in detail about the Marubeni Scholarship. The article covers the most relevant aspects of the scholarship including eligibility criteria, application procedure, benefits and important dates.
Marubeni scholarship- Overview
Marubeni Scholarship is aimed at providing financial support to students in order to support their higher education. The major beneficiaries of this scholarship are students belonging to underprivileged families.
Overview of the Marubeni India Meritorious Scholarship
|1.||Objective||To support the higher education of meritorious and needy students|
|2.||Scholarship provider||Marubeni India Private Limited|
|3.||Eligibility||Class 12 passed students with a minimum of 65% marks and low family income|
|4.||Scholarship award||From INR 40,000 to 50,000|
|5.||Application procedure||Online application through Buddy4Study portal|
|6.||Documents required||Photograph, age proof, identity proof, family income certificate, qualification certificates, admission confirmation|
Marubeni scholarship- Benefits offered
Marubeni Scholarship is among the most attractive scholarships available for students. Almost 100 meritorious but financially underprivileged students are provided financial assistance to help them pursue higher education. The selected students are awarded the scholarship during a formal scholarship distribution ceremony each year. A scholarship amount ranging from INR 40,000 to 50,000 is awarded to 100 shortlisted students. The scholarship will be in the form of a single instalment.
Marubeni scholarship- Key dates
Students interested in applying for the Marubeni Scholarship must be aware of the various key dates so as to avoid missing the deadlines. The table below highlights all the relevant key dates regarding the scholarship.
Key dates for Marubeni Scholarship
|Sr. No.||Event||Important dates|
|3.||Shortlisting of candidates||December–January|
|4.||Scholarship distribution ceremony||February–March|
* The dates mentioned above are tentative and subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Marubeni scholarship- Eligibility
Marubeni scholarship supports the education of talented and meritorious students who usually miss out on education due to limited financial independence. To be eligible for Marubeni Scholarship, an applicant must fulfil the following criteria.
- The student should have passed his/her class 12 examination within the last one year.
- He/she should have scored a minimum of 65% marks in the qualifying examination (class 12 board).
- The students should be enrolled in any full-time Undergraduate/Professional/Technical Courses with state/UGC recognized Universities/Reputed Engineering, Management and other technical institutes.
- Students belonging to financially underprivileged families having an annual family income less than INR 400,000 are eligible.
- Students willing to apply for Marubeni scholarship should not be availing the benefits of any other scholarship.
However, it must be noted that students who are the children of employees of Marubeni cannot avail this scholarship.
Marubeni scholarship- Application process
Interested students fulfilling the eligibility criteria can apply for Marubeni Scholarship through the online portal of Buddy4Study. One can follow the steps mentioned to apply for the scholarship-
- Visit the online portal of Buddy4Study.
- Login/register on the website using either Facebook, Google or the Email id.
- Click on ‘Start Application’, once signed in.
- Provide the relevant details on the application portal including personal and educational details.
- Upload the required set of documents and submit the application.
Students interested in applying for the scholarship can do so here. Ensure to fill up the form before the application deadline.
Marubeni scholarship- Documents required
In order to aid the process of credential verification, applicants need to upload a certain set of documents. Applicants must upload the scanned copies of the following documents-
- Passport size photograph
- Document as a proof of age- Birth certificate/Passport/Driver’s license/Class 10 mark sheet
- Identity proof- PAN card/Voter Id card/Driver’s license/Aadhar/Class 10 mark sheet with photo
- Family income certificate- Government approved income certificate/BPL card (for BPL category)/recent monthly pay slip
- Qualification certificates- Class 10 and 12 mark sheets
- Admission confirmation- Admission letter, latest college fee receipt
Marubeni scholarship- Selection criteria
The selection criteria will be in the following manner-
- There will be initial shortlisting of candidates based on their class 12 performance and the annual family income of the students.
- The shortlisted candidates need to appear for the telephonic interview.
- Based on the performance in the telephonic round, students will be shortlisted for the final personal interview round.
- Marubeni team will conduct the final round. About 100 students will then receive the scholarship.
- These 100 students will then be awarded the scholarship as a one-time payment during a scholar felicitation ceremony.
Marubeni scholarship- Terms and conditions
The award of Marubeni Scholarship will be subject to various terms and conditions. Here are some of the significant ones-
- Marubeni India shall be solely responsible for the selection of the candidates for awarding scholarship.
- The scholarship amount shall be paid to the selected candidates through normal banking channels either through direct bank transfer or by account payee cheque/demand draft. Thus, all selected candidates must have an active bank account in their own name at the time of remittance of scholarship amount or issue of account payee cheque/demand draft. Marubeni India shall not be liable for any loss or damage of the cheque/demand draft after handing it over to the candidate.
- Marubeni India Private Limited (“Marubeni India”) reserves the right to modify, cancel or withdraw this Scholarship program at any stage without giving any prior notice or assigning any reason and accepts no responsibility for the consequences of such modification/cancellation or withdrawal.
- The candidates need to produce the original certificates/documents relating to their education, family income etc. at the time or before face to face interview. Failure to produce such certificates/documents (in original) shall disqualify the candidate from this Scholarship Program.
- Marubeni can decide to withdraw the scholarship at any stage if candidates provide false or misleading information.
- The scholarship shall be non-transferable.
- Marubeni India shall not be responsible for payment of any taxes or levies that may be applicable on scholarship amount.
- Marubeni India shall not be liable or held responsible for any lack or lapse in any communication on account of failure or delay by any of the Internet, Telecom, SMS and E-mails service provider. The organisation will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.
- Disputes, if any, will be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at New Delhi only.
- Canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification.
In case of any further queries regarding the Marubeni Scholarship, students can reach out to the concerned authority through the following means-
Address- Buddy4Study (Smiling Star Advisory Pvt. Ltd.), Stellar IT Park, Tower–1, Ground Floor, Office No. 8, 9 & 10, C – 25, Sector – 62, Noida – 201301, India