HDFC scholarship is a means-based scholarship offered by the HDFC Bank to the students of class 6 to 12, graduation and postgraduation. Announced under the Educational Crisis Scholarship Support (ECSS) programme, the HDFC scholarship provides a scholarship amount of INR 10,000 to INR 25,000. Generally, the application for this scholarship opens in the first week of July every year. The scholarship aims to financially assist the economically and socially disadvantaged students so as to prevent school/college dropouts.
We have covered every detail about the HDFC scholarship which includes the eligibility conditions required to avail the scholarship, rewards offered to students, the last date to apply, the application process and more. Find below the complete details of the HDFC scholarship.
HDFC Scholarship – Rewards
HDFC Bank started this scholarship to prevent students from dropping out of schools/colleges due to any financial constraints. Under this scholarship scheme, the selected school students get a scholarship amount of up to INR 10,000 to cover their annual tuition fee, whereas the selected college/university students receive a maximum amount of INR 25,000 to cover their annual tuition fees. Find the details in the table given below.
Award under HDFC scholarship
|S.No.||Level of study||Scholarship amount|
|1.||Class 6 to 12||Up to INR 10,000|
|2.||Undergraduation/Postgraduation||Up to INR 25,000|
HDFC Scholarship – Key Dates
The scholarship offered under the Educational Crisis Scholarship Support (ECSS) programme usually opens in the month of July/August. In the year 2018, the last deadline for the HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship was 15 August 2018. Find the timeline of the scholarship in the table given below.
Important dates regarding HDFC scholarship
|1.||Application period||From 1st week of July to 2nd week of August|
|2.||Announcement of result||Last week of September|
|3.||Disbursement of the scholarship amount||Last week of October|
HDFC Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wish to avail the benefits of this scholarship scheme must fulfill certain eligibility conditions. Find below the details of those conditions that determine who can apply for the HDFC scholarship.
- The applicants must be studying in class 6 to 12 in government-aided or private schools.
- The applicants pursuing UG/PG degree or diploma courses on a part-time or full-time basis from AICTE/UGC/State/Central government recognised colleges/universities are also eligible for the HDFC scholarship.
- The applicants who are not able to pay for their education due to some personal/family crises and are at the risk of dropping out of school/college/university are eligible to avail the scholarship benefits.
HDFC Scholarship – Application Process
The students who want to avail this scholarship can apply online through the official website of HDFC ECSS. Given below are the steps to help you with the application process of HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship.
- Applicants applying for the scholarship need to first visit the HDFC ECSS scholarship site which the official website.
- On the website, the applicant can start the application process by clicking on ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Further, the aspiring candidates need to fill all the necessary details in the scholarship application form and upload all the required documents to support their credentials.
- After completing the application form, applicants need to submit the form.
HDFC Scholarship – Key Documents
The candidates willing to apply for this scholarship need to keep with them the scanned copies of some necessary documents. These documents are to be uploaded by the applicants while filling the online scholarship form. Find below the list of the required documents.
- Verification form duly signed and stamped by the School Principal/College Dean/Director
- Attested copies of the last year’s mark sheet
- Two copies of address proof
- Doctor’s note in case of illness
- Salary slip (if any)
- Marksheet of class 10/12
- Self-declaration of family income (for self-employed) OR income proof from the employer
HDFC Scholarship – Terms & Conditions
Every scholarship carries certain rules and regulation that needs to be kept in mind while applying for the scholarship. Given below is the list of terms and conditions that a candidate needs to look after.
- The documents uploaded by the applicants must be in PDF/JPEG format and the size of each document should not be more than 15 MB.
- The crises faced by applicants must be within the preceding two years. The term ‘crises’ can be defined as follows:
- A sudden incident which has resulted in a situation where the applicant or his/her family needs support
- Sudden loss of job
- Sudden death or separation of parents
- Death or accident of siblings
- Sudden onset of a life-threatening or critical illness
- Only one application per family is considered for the scholarship.
- The students are selected on the basis of the score they receive on the selection parameters.
- The selected students are notified through SMS/telephone calls on their registered numbers. Also, the list of scholarship recipients is uploaded on the official website of HDFC bank: hdfcbank.com/scholarship
- The scholarship amount is disbursed through Demand Draft (DD)/cheque which is drawn in favour of the educational institution of the selected candidate. The DD/cheque is then sent to the nearest HDFC Bank Branch (as mentioned in the application). The candidate and his/her institution are intimated about it through the mail so that the institute/student can collect it from the bank.
- The student selected for the receipt of the scholarship must refrain from getting involved in any malicious/undesirable activities.
- The candidate must not violate any rules and regulations related to the university/school.
- The candidate must maintain the academic standards of the school/university.
- The scholarship is non-transferable in case of change in applicant’s school/college/university.
- The candidates must not provide any false information at any stage of the scholarship process as it would lead to rejection of the scholarship application. Also, the candidates would be debarred from any future scheme started by the HDFC Bank.
HDFC Scholarship – Contact Details
In case of any query or problem regarding the scholarship, the candidates can contact the nearest branch of HDFC Bank. The candidates can also call or write on the number/email mentioned below.
Phone No. – 022 3075 1030/022 3075 1006
Email ID – email@example.com