Clinic Plus Scholarship is an initiative of Clinic Plus, a reputed brand owned by Hindustan Unilever Limited, a British-Dutch manufacturing company headquartered in Mumbai, India. Introduced as a part of their campaign called ‘M se maa, Maa se mazbooti’, the Clinic Plus scholarship is exclusively meant for girls studying in classes 5th to 12th in order to financially assist them in completing their secondary and higher secondary education. The key objective of the Clinic Plus scholarship is to assist the mothers of these girls in supporting their daughters by providing external financial aid.
What is the amount of scholarship given to selected students? When and how can a student apply for this scholarship? How are the scholars selected under this scholarship scheme? What are the key dates to remember for this scholarship? Get an answer to all these questions in detail in this article. It covers every significant detail about the Clinic Plus scholarship including the scholarship overview, eligibility criteria, application process, selection procedure, award details and much more.
Clinic Plus Scholarship- An Overview
The Clinic Plus scholarship is specifically meant to empower the daughters and mothers of the country by financially assisting and enabling them with secondary education. The scholarship focuses on the major issue of the high percentage of girls dropping out of school in the early years in India.
The campaign is based on the true values of the brand and tries to give importance to the thought that every daughter gathers her strength from her mother signifying the huge role she plays in her life-story and development. The Clinic Plus scholarship gives courage to mothers all around the country in presenting their daughters with the essential gift of education. An amount of INR 20,000 is awarded to the each selected student as scholarship grant which has to be used in the favour of their education. The participation of the applicant shall be with the consent of the parent/guardian of the applicant and the amount of the scholarship shall be paid solely to them after the deduction of applicable taxes.
The table given below provides an overview of all the significant details about the Clinic Plus scholarship in a brief way.
Clinic Plus Scholarship- An Overview
|1.||Objective||The primary objective of the scholarship scheme is to empower the young girls of the country and provide courage to their mothers by enabling them and helping them to complete the secondary education of the girl student without any external financial aid.|
|2.||Scholarship Provider||The scholarship scheme has been initiated by the career department of Clinic Plus India a part of the global manufacturing company, Hindustan Unilever Limited.|
|4.||Application||Apply by post by sending the application package along with attached documents at the following address:|
|5.||Scholarship Award||A maximum of 50 applicants will be shortlisted from class 5th to 12th and will be rewarded an amount of INR 20,000 each as the scholarship grant.|
|6.||Contact Details||Phone- 1800 102 2221|
|7.||Application Timeline||The application period usually starts and ends in the month of May each year.*|
*The application timeline mentioned above is tentative and may change on the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Clinic Plus Scholarship- Scholarship Information
The Clinic Plus scholarship supports girl students in completing their secondary and higher secondary education. It is broadly a means based scholarship for the young female students of the country implemented as a concern for the huge ratio reported of them dropping out before completing their education. The primary reason is the inability of the family to pay for the expenses related to education. In order to overcome this hindrance, the brand has started this financial assistance scheme.
Every year, the Clinic Plus scholarship awards 50 girl students from standard 5 to 12 with a scholarship grant of INF 20,000 through cheque. For the year 2018, the scholarship is only open for students from the state of Karnataka.
Clinic Plus Scholarship- How to Apply?
The Clinic Plus scholarship for the year 2018 is coordinated in partnership with Vijay Karnataka, a famous e-paper, for the girl students from the state of Karnataka. In order to apply for this scholarship, the eligible applicants need to write an essay on the topics specified in the advertisement in Vijay Karnataka. The eligible girl students can follow the steps mentioned below carefully to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Access the ad on the Vijay Karnataka offer and choose the topic you want to write an essay on.
Step 2: Download the application form from the official scholarship page on the Clinic Plus website.
Step 3: Fill in the application form with the required details.
Step 4: Write an essay of about 500 words on the chosen topic.
Step 5: Attach the required documents and application form along with the essay and create an application package.
Step 6: Submit the application along with the attached documents by posting it to the following address before the application deadline:
Clinic Plus Scholarship Division,
4, KCCF Compound, Pampa Mahakavi Road,
Chamrajpet, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560018
Clinic Plus Scholarship- Documents Required
The candidates applying for the Clinic Plus scholarship have to attach certain document along with the application in order to verify that the scholarship is received by someone who deserves and needs it. The students should make sure to authenticate and attach all the proofs carefully. Submission of incomplete application or wrongful information will not be considered. The following documents are required to be submitted by the applicants:
- An attested copy of the mark sheets and certificates received by the applicant
- 2 passport sized photographs
- An attested copy of the annual family income of the applicant
- A copy of the admission proof
- An attested copy of school fee slip
- An attested copy of the extra-curricular activity proof
- An attested copy of the birth certificate/ ration card of the applicant
Clinic Plus Scholarship- Selection Procedure
The selection of the scholars for Clinic Plus scholarship is entirely made on the basis of the essays submitted by the candidates. The essays written by the applicants on the choice of their topic are evaluated and assessed based on their quality. A panel constituting of eminent third-party judges recommend about 100 essays to qualify for the next round. Thereafter, the applicants have to appear for a personal interview taken by another panel of eminent third party judges to qualify the next round where the 50 most deserving applicants are eventually selected to receive the Clinic Plus scholarship for that specific academic year.
Clinic Plus Scholarship- Terms and Conditions
- The employees/ officers/ directors and their immediate family member of the Hindustan Unilever Limited and their respective affiliated, parent and subsidiary companies, promotion and advertising agencies, financial and legal advisors and all other companies associated with this particular offer are not eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
- Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) has the sole authority to withdraw/ edit any particulars of the offer or/and alter the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. In such a case, the decision of the provider shall be final and binding from the day such an amendment is made. The same will be updated on the website.
- The entries must be submitted only by individual participants.
- Incorrect or incomplete entries shall be disregarded and HUL shall bear no responsibility for any such entries.
- The selected scholars give HUL and its agents an unequivocal permission to save and store the photographs of them.
- The photographs of the scholars may be used for promotional purposes of the brand.
- HUL has the right to disqualify any submission at its discretion and can prohibit the participation of any participant who tampers with or gets benefitted from tampering with the submission process.
- HUL also possesses the right to disregard submission based on the disruptive manner of acts with the intention to annoy/threaten/abuse/ harass any individual.
- The participants of the Clinic Plus scholarship scheme agree to indemnify and behold HUL and the concerned agents/employees/officers of the company against all or any loss and damage that may occur because of an omission, negligence, act, or deliberate act of the selected participant.
- The winner shall provide HUL with valid address and contact details and the details of either a pan card or an Aadhar card for verifying the identity of the applicant to receive the scholarship successfully.
- The prize is non-transferable. The offer cannot be exchanged with any other offer or scheme being run by HUL or Clinic Plus.
- The scholars agree to participate in any promotional activity (publicity/photographs) in relation to the offer and consents to HUL using her name and photograph for any promotions.
- The participants are responsible to inform HUL about any changes in the contact information or address. HUL shall not be responsible for any misplacements or instances where HUL is unable to contact the winners.
- The winner of the Clinic Plus scholarship shall have no rights or claims against HUL except the entitlement to the prize mentioned above.
- In case of any failure to comply with its obligations caused as a reason of fire/ strike/ hurricane/ flood/ industrial dispute/ civil commotion/ war/ inevitable accidents/ weather conditions/ political unrest/ riots/ hostilities/ act of god or any circumstances leading to Force Majeure, HUL shall not be liable.
- All disputes arising from the terms and conditions mentioned above shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in Mumbai only.
Clinic Plus Scholarship- About Clinic Plus
Clinic Plus is a brand owned by Hindustan Unilever Limited, a global manufacturing company. Clinic Plus has for 25 years built itself on the foundation of supporting mothers to efficiently complete their roles as a nurturer by being an ally to her. It is a hair care range with products like shampoos and conditioners and constituting of products for girls currently in their pre-teenage stage. The tagline of the brand stands – ‘Mazboot Baal Mazboot Rishte’.
The internationally recognized brand has instituted various schemes in order to give significance to the relationship shared by a mother and a daughter strengthening it through empowering. The brand is also available in Pakistan, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam and Sri Lanka. A testament to the trust of the consumers can be judged by the election of the brand as the 3rd most trusted across industries by brand equity further making it the most trusted hair care range in the country.