AICTE JK Scholarship, also known as the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS), J&K is an exclusive scholarship opportunity for students who are residents of Jammu and Kashmir. Initiated in the year 2011, the scheme aims at enhancing employment opportunities for the young students of the state by providing them financial assistance to pursue studies at an undergraduate level outside J&K. Offered by the All India Council for Technical Education, the AICTE JK Scholarship is implemented within the state by J&K Cell.
What are the eligibility conditions to qualify for this scholarship? How can you apply for it? When is the right time to apply for this scholarship? How will the scholarship be disbursed to students? What is the selection procedure for the scholarship? Find the answer to all these questions in this article. It highlights every significant detail about AICTE JK scholarship including its important dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure, award details, selection procedure and more.
AICTE JK Scholarship – Important Dates
Before digging deeper into the information regarding the AICTE JK Scholarship, you should be aware of the key dates related to it. Of course, the scholarship invites applications from eligible students every year within a stipulated time duration. What are the important dates for AICTE JK Scholarship 2019-20? Find an answer to this question in the table given below. It comprises all the important dates related to the scholarship for the academic session 2019-20.
List of Key Dates for AICTE JK Scholarship 2019-20
|1.||Online registration starts||10 April 2019|
|2.||Last date of online registration for class 12 passed/ appearing students||31 May 2019|
|3.||Last date of online registration for diploma passed students (lateral entry in engineering stream only)||18 June 2019|
|4.||Online document verification of registered candidates at facilitation centres||16 April 2019 to 31 May 2019
16 April 2019 to 14 May 2019 (for lateral entry students)
|5.||Choice filling option for students whose documents have been verified||22 April 2019 to 31 May 2019
20 April 2019 to 14 May 2019 (for lateral entry students)
|6.||Publishing of provisional merit list on the portal||11 June 2019
Up to 10 June 2019 (for lateral entry students)
|7.||Document re-verification at facilitation centres||11 June 2019 to 13 June 2019|
|8.||Publishing of final merit list on the portal||18 June 2019
14 June 2019 (for lateral entry students)
|9.||First round of online counselling (provisional seat allotment)||To be announced|
|10.||Second round of online counselling (provisional seat allotment)||To be announced|
*The above-mentioned key dates are applicable for the academic session 2019-20. This may change on the discretion of the scholarship provider next year.
AICTE JK Scholarship – Key Eligibility
To be eligible for the AICTE JK Scholarship, you need to fulfil certain conditions which primarily depend on your domicile, academic qualification and family income. Know about the eligibility criteria which are mandatory to be fulfilled for this scholarship hereunder –
- You must be a domicile or permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir state.
- This scholarship is only available for students who are willing to pursue studies outside J&K.
- You must have passed class 12 examination from J&K Board or CBSE at a school located in J&K.
- If you have passed your diploma after class 10 from J&K state polytechnics, you can take the lateral entry in the second year Engineering courses at the prescribed list of colleges on the vacant seats.
- The annual income of your family from all the sources should be less than INR 8 Lakh per annum.
Conditions of ineligibility
Despite the key eligibility criteria that you need to fulfil for AICTE JK Scholarship, here are some exceptions too that you must be aware of. The students, who belong to any of the following categories are not eligible to apply for this scholarship –
- The students pursuing their studies through open universities.
- The students who are already receiving financial assistance under this scheme or any other scholarship scheme.
- The students obtaining admission through the management quota.
- The students who are pursuing studies at postgraduation level.
- The students who have taken admission to a college other than the prescribed colleges.
- The students obtaining admission through NGOs/Agents.
- The students who have annual family income greater than INR 8 Lakh per annum.
AICTE JK Scholarship – Step-wise Application Guide
What are the steps to be followed to apply for the AICTE JK Scholarship? Is the application online or offline? The answer to these questions is covered in this section. Every year, AICTE invites online applications from eligible students through its official website. If you fulfil all the eligibility conditions for this scholarship, you can apply for it through the following steps –
Step 1: Student Registration
- Visit the AICTE JK Scholarship web portal.
- Click on the registration button for PMSS.
- Fill in all required details.
- Submit the registration form.
- On successful registration, the students will receive an SMS/email on registered mobile number/email for verification.
- Click on the verification link to complete the registration process.
Step 2: Application Submission by the Student
- After the successful registration, the students are required to log in through the AICTE JK Scholarship web portal.
- Prepare the scanned copies of all the supporting documents in jpg/png format with the file size not more than 2 MB.
- Once logged in, read the brochure carefully, tick the declaration and click on “Proceed Further” button.
- Fill in all required details in the form such as personal information, address, family income, educational details, etc.
- Upload all supporting documents as specified and preview the application form.
- Provide the details of preferences and grievance centre details.
- Finally, submit the application form by clicking on “Submit Application”.
Step 3: Document Verification by the Facilitation Centre
- After successful submission of application online, the students are required to take the print out of the application report and visit the facilitation centre along with all supporting documents in original for document verification.
- Submit the photocopies of all the documents to the facilitation centre at the time of verification.
- Once the document verification is done, the students are required to collect a copy of their document verification report.
AICTE JK Scholarship – List of Facilitation Centre
AICTE offers a number of facilitation centres for students across the state under Jammu division, Kashmir division and Leh division. Get the names and contact details of all the facilitation centres in the tables given below.
List of Facilitation Centres for AICTE JK Scholarship in Jammu Division
|S.No.||Name of the College||Contact Email|
|1.||Government G.M. Science College, Jammuemail@example.com|
|2.||Government College for Women Gandhi Nagar, Jammufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3.||Government Degree College, Boys (Kathua)||–|
|4.||Government Degree College, Baniemail@example.com|
|5.||Government Degree College, Boys Udhampurfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6.||Government Degree College, Rajouriemail@example.com|
|7.||Government Degree College, Poonchfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8.||Government Degree College GDC, Dodaemail@example.com|
|9.||Government Degree College, Reasifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|10.||Government Degree College, Rambanemail@example.com|
|11.||Government Degree College, Banihalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|12.||Government Degree College, Kishtwaremail@example.com|
|13.||Government Degree College, Bhaderwah||–|
|14.||Government Degree College, Marwah||Principalmarwah@gmail.com|
|15.||Government Degree College, R.S.Purafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|16.||Government Degree College, Sambaemail@example.com|
|17.||Government Degree College, Mendharfirstname.lastname@example.org|
List of Facilitation Centres for AICTE JK Scholarship in Kashmir Division
|S.No.||Name of the College||Contact Email|
|1.||Sri Pratap College, Srinagaremail@example.com|
|2.||Government Degree College, Anantnagfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3.||Government College (Women), M.A. Road, Srinagaremail@example.com|
|4.||Government Degree College, Bijbeharafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5.||Government Degree College (Boys), Soporeemail@example.com|
|6.||Government Degree College (Boys), Baramullafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|7.||Government Degree College, Pattanemail@example.com|
|8.||Government Degree College (Boys), Kupwarafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|9.||Government Degree College, Kulgam||–|
|10.||Government Degree College (SAM), Budgamemail@example.com|
|11.||Government Boys College, Pulwamafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|12.||Government Degree College, Shopianemail@example.com|
|13.||Government Degree College, Tralfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|14.||Government Degree College, Bandiporaemail@example.com|
|15.||Government Degree College, Doorufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|16.||Government Degree College Ganderbalemail@example.com|
|17.||Government Degree College, Chrarifirstname.lastname@example.org|
List of Facilitation Centres of AICTE JK Scholarship in Leh Division
|S.No.||Name of the College||Contact Email|
|1.||Government Degree College, Lehemail@example.com|
|2.||Government Degree College Kargilfirstname.lastname@example.org|
AICTE JK Scholarship – Award Details
An AICTE JK Scholarship offers variable financial assistance to students fulfilling the eligibility conditions. It covers the academic fee of the course applied for and offers maintenance charges to the students. The academic fee comprises tuition fee, library fee, development fee, internet fee, examination fee, university fee, training fee, etc., and is paid directly to the institution. However, the maintenance charge is paid to the students in two instalments of up to INR 50,000 each. The maintenance fee covers hostel fee, mess fee, stationery and book charges. Get comprehensive information about AICTE JK Scholarship Awards in the table given below.
Award Details of AICTE JK Scholarship
|S.No.||Stream||Academic Fee||Maintenance Charges||Number of Scholarships|
|1.||General degree course||Up to INR 30,000||
Up to INR 1 Lakh for all
|2.||Professional degree course (Engineering/ Nursing/ Pharmacy/ Hotel Management)||Up to INR 1.25 Lakh||2830|
|3.||Medical/BDS or equivalent medical streams||Up to INR 3 Lakh||100|
AICTE JK Scholarship – Documents Required
To ensure successful submission of AICTE JK scholarship application, the students are required to upload some key documents in support of their application. Furthermore, they also need to get the uploaded documents verified at the facilitation centres listed. The key documents that you need to provide for the scholarship include –
- Passport-sized photograph of the applicant (preferred size – 200 X 230 pixels)
- Scanned signature of the applicant (preferred size – 140 X 60 pixels)
- SSC mark sheet
- Domicile certificate issued by the government of J&K
- Aadhaar card (if available)
- Family income certificate issued by the Tehsildar or equivalent
- Category certificate issued by a competent authority of state government (if applicable)
- Certificate of disability (for Persons with Disabilities – PwD)
AICTE JK Scholarship – Selection Procedure
AICTE JK Scholarship is completely a merit-based scholarship which considers the marks obtained by students in class 12 for the selection. Besides this, there are several other conditions on the basis of which selections are made for different streams. These criterions include –
- Preference will be given to students who have obtained admission to a degree course after qualifying an entrance examination conducted by either the central government or state government.
- For admission in MBBS or BDS courses, the students need to qualify the NEET (CBSE) examination.
- For admission in Architecture course, the students need to qualify the NATA examination conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- Caste and category reservations are also available under which 8% of the total seats in each stream are reserved for SC candidates, 11% reservation is for ST candidates, 25% reservation is for SEBC candidates and remaining seats are for General category students.
AICTE JK Scholarship – Key Statistics
How many students have been benefitted through this scholarship over the years? Ever since the introduction of the AICTE JK Scholarship Scheme, the government of Jammu and Kashmir has been able to extend suitable help to thousands of students. The table below highlights the year-wise statistics of the scholarship over the past six years.
Details of Targets Achieved by AICTE JK Scholarship
|S.No.||Academic Session||Number of Students Admitted||Number of Students Reported|
|1.||2017-18||3400||2706 + 516 (Diploma Lateral Entry)|
AICTE JK Scholarship – QnA
Here are some questions and answers that will provide you with a clear picture of the AICTE JK Scholarship –
Q1. If a student has passed his/her class 12 in commerce stream, can he/she apply for a scholarship under engineering stream?
No, a commerce student cannot pursue an engineering course and thus is not eligible to apply for the scholarship under engineering stream. However, he/she can apply for the scholarship under general course stream.
Q2. Can a student get the scholarship without document verification at the facilitation centre?
A. No, if a student has not undergone the process of document verification at the facilitation centre, he/she is not eligible to get the scholarship.
Q3. Is it mandatory to attend the counselling session for all eligible students?
A. Yes, in order to obtain benefits under the AICTE JK scholarship scheme, the students need to attend the counselling session.
Q4. Can a student edit the AICTE JK Scholarship application form after submission online?
A. No, the students cannot edit their online application form on their own. However, editing is possible in the online application form through the Officer of facilitation centre subject to the production of original documents by the student in support of their request or claim.
Q5. How will the academic fee be paid, if the student is selected?
A. AICTE will directly pay the academic fee to the institution after selection.
AICTE JK Scholarship – About AICTE
AICTE – All India Council for Technical Education is a renowned national-level advisory body which is responsible for promoting the development of technical education in the country. It plans, formulates and maintains the norms and standards of institutions offering technical education. Also, it ensures quality assurance of technical education through accreditations to institutions. It also offers scholarship schemes to promote higher education within the country and AICTE JK scholarship is one such scheme which is especially available for students, who are residents of Jammu and Kashmir.
Also Read: AICTE SCHOLARSHIP – ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
AICTE JK Scholarship – Contact Details
In case you come across any query related to the AICTE JK Scholarship, feel free to contact the scholarship provider at the contact detail given below –
All India Council for Technical Education
Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110070
Helpline Number: 0120-2446701
To know about AICTE JK Scholarship 2018-19, click here.