Are you in search of a scholarship? Do you want to apply for a scholarship without having to submit a mountain of documents? If your answer is yes, you have come to the right place.
This article will explore the Aadhaar-led registration system, a new initiative that is being used by many organizations, including scholarship providers, to make the scholarship application process more efficient and secure.
Additionally, the article will address common questions about the Aadhaar-led registration system, such as how to link your Aadhaar with your mobile number and how to understand Aadhaar OTP procedures.
The Aadhaar-led registration system uses the Aadhaar number, a unique 12-digit identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), to verify the identity of the applicants. Under this system, applicants can simply provide their Aadhaar number containing their biometric and demographic information to register for a scholarship.
Readers are recommended to go through the complete article to find answers to why Aadhaar registration is important for the scholarship application process.
Why the Need for an Aadhaar-led Registration System?
- In the past, the scholarship application process was time-consuming and cumbersome, requiring students to submit multiple documents to prove the authenticity and credibility of their information.
- The Aadhaar-led registration system has simplified the scholarship application process as students can now apply for scholarships with just their Aadhaar number and their mobile phone number. This system eliminates the need to submit physical documents such as proof of identity and address.
- This system also helps to ensure that student information is accurate and up-to-date.
How to Link an Aadhaar Number to a Mobile Number?
To avail of the benefits of the Aadhaar-led registration system, the applicants need to have their mobile numbers linked to their Aadhaar number. This is because the system uses the registered mobile number to send an OTP (one-time password) for verification. In case the applicant’s mobile number is not linked to the Aadhaar number, they will not be able to receive the OTP and complete the registration process.
Here is a detailed process for linking the mobile number to the applicant’s Aadhaar number.
Linking Mobile Number to Aadhaar
To link a mobile number to an Aadhaar number, the applicant must visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre and follow the below steps.
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
- Carry the Aadhaar card and a copy of proof of identity and address.
- Fill out the Aadhaar linking form.
- Provide the mobile number to the Aadhaar Enrolment Officer.
- The Aadhaar Enrolment Officer will verify the provided identity and address.
- The Aadhaar Enrolment Officer will generate a one-time password (OTP) on the registered mobile number shared by the applicant.
- Enter the OTP on the Aadhaar Enrolment form.
- The submitted mobile number will be linked to the Aadhaar number.
The applicant will need to provide the following documents to link the mobile number to the Aadhaar number:
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of identity (original for verification and copy for submission)
- Proof of address (original for verification and copy for submission)
Note: It is important to note that the Aadhaar-led Registration System only allows one mobile number to be linked to an Aadhaar number. If an applicant already has a mobile number linked to their Aadhaar number, they will need to unlink that number before they can link a new number.
Benefits of using Aadhaar-led Registration System
The Aadhaar-led registration system has been welcomed by many scholarship platforms. There are several benefits to using this system.
- Convenience: The Aadhaar-led registration system is convenient for students. They are no longer required to travel to government offices to submit their scholarship applications. Students can simply provide their Aadhaar number to apply for scholarships, thereby eliminating the need to submit physical documents.
- Security: In the past, many cases of duplicate applications and ineligible students receiving scholarships have come to light. This was due to the lack of a secure and reliable system to verify the authenticity of student information. The Aadhaar-led registration system verifies the authenticity of the student’s information in real-time, making it more difficult for fraudsters to apply for scholarships under false pretences.
- Efficiency: It reduces the administrative burden on scholarship providers. The Aadhaar-led registration system can automate many of the tasks involved in processing scholarship applications such as verifying the authenticity of student information and calculating eligibility. This can free up scholarship providers to focus on other important tasks such as assessing student applications and awarding scholarships.
- Accessibility: Students from marginalized communities who do not have access to traditional forms of identification can still apply for scholarships using their Aadhaar number. This system ensures that scholarships are only awarded to eligible students regardless of their socio-economic background.
Social Impact of Aadhaar-led Registration System
The Aadhaar-led registration system has significantly improved the reach of scholarships. This has led to an increase in the number of students who find it difficult to pursue higher education due to the lack of ample funds.
Here are a few examples of how the Aadhaar-led registration system has helped students with the scholarship process:
- A student from a rural village in Bihar was able to apply for a scholarship to study engineering. He was able to do this online without having to travel to the nearest government office.
- A student from a tribal community in Jharkhand was able to apply for a scholarship to study medicine. She was able to do this without having to provide any documentation that was difficult to obtain.
- A student from a lower-income family in Mumbai was able to apply for a scholarship to study law. He was able to do this online, and he received a decision on his application within a short period.
Read Real Success Stories of Students Who Received Scholarships
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Here are a few common questions that students generally ask during the scholarship application process:
Why am I not receiving the OTP on my registered mobile number?
In case you are not receiving the OTP on your registered mobile number, make sure that you have entered your correct Aadhaar number and mobile number. If both are correct, you are advised to check your phone's spam folder for the OTP message. If you still haven't received the OTP, try generating a new one and proceed further. In case the issue still persists, please contact UIDAI's support team on 1947 (toll-free) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Why am I receiving an invalid OTP?
If you are facing the problem of an invalid OTP during Aadhaar-based registration, make sure that you have entered the correct OTP. OTPs are time-sensitive and may expire after a few minutes. So, it is advisable to act promptly on the same. At times, due to busy servers, the OTP generation might take some time. In such a situation, you are advised to have patience and try again some other time. You can also reach out to UIDAI's support team on 1947 (toll-free) or send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
Why am I getting an error message saying that my Aadhaar number is already in use?
There are a few possible reasons why you might be getting an error message saying that your Aadhaar number is already in use. One possibility is that the Aadhaar number is already in use and you may have entered your Aadhaar number incorrectly. Make sure to check your Aadhaar number carefully and enter it exactly as it is written on your Aadhaar card.
Another possibility is that your Aadhaar number is already linked to another account or service. This can happen if you have previously registered with the same Aadhaar number.
To determine the exact reason, it is advisable to contact the scholarship provider on the contact number/email present in the official scholarship page. In case the assisting representatives suggest you to reach out UIDAI's support team for assistance, you may call at 1947 (toll-free) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why am I getting an error message saying that Aadhaar services are taking some time?
This error message means that the Aadhaar servers are currently busy. Try again later. If you're still getting the error message after a few hours, contact UIDAI's support team for assistance.
Why am I getting an error message saying that my mobile number is not linked to my Aadhaar number?
If you are getting an error message saying that your mobile number is not linked to your Aadhaar number when applying for a scholarship, it means that your mobile number is not registered with the Aadhaar database. You can check this by visiting the UIDAI website and entering your Aadhaar number. If your mobile number is not listed, you can link your mobile number to your Aadhaar number by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. Once your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar number, you will be able to apply for the scholarship.
In a different scenario, your mobile number may be linked to your Aadhaar number, but it may not be the same mobile number that you are using to apply for the scholarship. Make sure that you are using the same mobile number for both your linked Aadhaar card and your scholarship application.
Overall, the Aadhaar-led registration system is a significant improvement in the scholarship application process. This system is a welcome development, a game-changer for applicants in India to bring transparency to the scholarship disbursement process and prevent leakage of funds.