New Delhi, 26 October 2021 – The Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child, run by the University Grants Commission (UGC), has presented its most-recent scheme for female students in India. In this scheme, single girl children in small families can avail INR 36,200 as a scholarship amount for their education.
The UGC Scholarship primarily aims to support the education of single girl children belonging to families where the annual income is very low. The scholarship provides support for the postgraduate education of these girls.
UGC Scholarship 2021 – Eligibility
There are a number of factors that female students must look at before applying for this UGC scholarship scheme.
- Under the Indira Gandhi Scholarship Scheme, the female applicant must be the only daughter of her parents.
- If there is one son and one daughter in the family, then the daughter will not be considered eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicant’s age should not be more than 30 years at the time of application.
- Identical/Fraternal twin children can apply for the scholarship.
- Only single girls pursuing PG courses can apply for this scheme.
- Girls studying pursuing post graduation through distance education cannot apply for this scholarship.
Note: Candidates must also keep in mind that being eligible for the scholarship does not necessarily imply getting selected for the scheme.
UGC Scholarship 2021 – Duration and Amount Division
The Indira Gandhi scholarship scheme for single girl children is available for selected girl students for a period of 2 years. Under this scholarship, the girls will be selected based on their merit and will be given INR 3,000 every month for two years.
Where to Apply for UGC Scholarship 2021?
Eligible girls can apply for the UGC scholarship scheme 2021 by visiting the official website – https://scholarships.gov.in/. The last date to apply for this scholarship is 30 November 2021.
Applications will not be considered accepted if the female students submit them:
- From any other portal claiming to register candidates for this scholarship
- Beyond the last application submission date
Click here To Register On The National Scholarship Portal