The Minority Welfare Department, Government of Telangana has invited applications for the Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities Scholarship. The scholarship applications are invited from eligible SC, ST and OBC category students to pursue higher studies in postgraduate/doctorate courses in foreign universities for the academic year 2021 (spring season and fall season).
The registrations are currently closed. Candidates are requested to keep checking the official website – https://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/ for updates.
Telangana CM Overseas Scholarship – Benefits
The total scholarship grant is up to INR 20 lakhs or as per the admission letter, whichever is less. The charges of one-way economic tickets and visas will also be granted to selected students.
Note: One-way ticket fare will be given to 50 eligible Christian minority students/graduates per year (to 25 students for Spring season/25 students for Fall season) to pursue postgraduate/doctoral studies abroad.
CM’s Overseas Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities Scholarship 2022, aspiring candidates must follow the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Student must belong to minority community and must be a native of Telangana State
- The aspiring candidates must not exceed 35 years of age as on 26th October 2021
- The parental income should not be more than INR 5 lakhs per year
- Only one student from each family can apply for this scholarship
- The minorities candidates must have a valid passport
- The aspiring candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% in the previous course (Degree (Engineering) and postgraduation)
- The applicants must submit Aadhaar card, passport copy, proof of enrolment in foreign universities and a xerox copy of bank passbook
- The applicants cannot change their courses midway after applying for the scholarship.
- Beneficiaries of the scheme are required to get admission to selected foreign universities from January to December 2020.
- 33% of the scholarship will be reserved for female students.
- Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Jain, and Parsi students can apply from the US, Canada, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand, and South Korea
- For PhD. Courses: 60% marks or equivalent grade in P.G. course in Engineering/Management/Pure Sciences/Agriculture Sciences/Medicine/Social Sciences/Humanities.
- For Post Graduate Courses: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation degree in Engineering /Management/Pure Sciences/Agriculture Sciences/Medicine and Nursing/Social Sciences/Humanities.
CM’s Overseas Scholarship – Documents Required
The student must submit the following documents when applying for the Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities Scholarship:
- Passport size photograph of the student
- GRE/GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam/test scorecard
- TOEFL/IELTS scorecard
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Caste Certificate from Mee Seva
- Aadhaar Card
- Income Certificate from Mee Seva
- Residential Certificate
- Passport copy
- Mark sheet from SSC/Inter/Graduate/PG Level
- Bonafide Certificate from the institute where the candidate has studied last
- Ration card
- E-pass ID Number
- SSC Certificate, if any
- Admission offer letter from Foreign University (I-20, letter of Admission or equivalent)
- Transfer Certificate
CM’s Overseas Scholarship – Mandatory Requirements in Merit List
The Telangana Government, after a careful examination, has laid down a few mandatory requirements in the merit list. The candidates must have appeared for TOEFL/IELTS and GRE/GMAT with the following minimum scores:
- TOEFL – 60
- IELTS – 6.0 band score
- GRE – 260
- GMAT – 500
The generated merit list will be calculated with the weightage of:
- Degree marks – 60%
- GRE/GMAT – 20%
- IELTS/TOEFL – 20%
CM’s Overseas Scholarship – Disbursement of Scholarship
- Release of Air Fare – Students must upload the boarding pass and air ticket on the EPASS website
- Release of 1st Instalment – Students must upload the university ID card and form 1-94/i20 on the EPASS website.
- Release of 2nd Instalment – Students must upload their 1st-semester marksheet on the EPASS website.