PMSSS 2022 Registration – The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has opened the registration window for the Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) 2022 for students of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. Students who hold a diploma in engineering can apply for PMSSS 2022 by or before 5 September 2022.
Students must have passed their diplomas from the Jammu & Kashmir Board of Technical Education not before 2020-21 to be eligible for the scholarship. Selected students will be eligible for financial assistance of up to INR 1.25 lakh.
The application window was opened on 29 August and will remain open till 5 September. Thus, students are advised to apply immediately and verify their documents to avoid any last minute hassles. Also, AICTE believes that the website will have excessive traffic on the last date, so candidates must register as soon as possible.
The article will detail the eligibility criteria for the scheme, how students can apply, and also answer some of the most frequently asked questions about the scholarship scheme.
Registration for PMSSS 2022 is open only for lateral-entry admissions, which are based on vacant seats available during the academic year 2021-22 in engineering stream only.
What is PMSSS 2022?
The Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) was launched in 2011 for J & K and Ladakh students to pursue undergraduate studies outside Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. The scheme aims to provide academic fee (tuition and other) and maintenance allowance to students belonging to these union territories.
Students who have passed Class 12 and have secured admission in Government colleges and institutions outside the UTs of J&K and Ladakh are eligible for the scheme. Under the scheme, 5000 fresh scholarships are available per year. Out of these, 2070 are for general degree courses, 2830 are for professional/engineering courses, and 100 are for medical courses.
PMSSS 2022 Registration – Important Details to Note
|Name of the Scheme||Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS)|
|Launched By||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Launched For||Students of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh|
|Scholarship Award||Financial Aid of up to INR 1.25 Lakh|
|Registration Open Date||29 August 2022|
|Registration Deadline||5 September 2022|
What is the Eligibility Criteria for PMSSS 2022 Registration?
The eligibility criteria for PMSSS 2022 is as follows:
- The applicant must be a domicile of either Jammu & Kashmir or Ladakh.
- Applicant’s total family income must be below INR 8 Lakh per annum.
- For Higher Secondary Admissions:
- Students must have passed Class 12 in either 2020-21 or 2021-22 from the Jammu & Kashmir Board of Secondary Education (JKBOSE) or from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- For Lateral Entry (Diploma) Admissions:
- Students must have passed a diploma from J & K or Ladakh polytechnic.
What is the Scholarship Award for PMSSS 2022?
The details for the scholarship award under PMSSS 2022 are given below:
*Not exceeding INR 1 lakh per annum (in 10 equal instalments to meet hostel, mess, books, stationery, and other charges).
Note: Students admitted in the academic session 2022-23 will be paid maintenance allowance from the date that they physically join the institute.
How to Apply for PMSSS 2022?
To apply for PMSSS 2022, kidney follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website – aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in.
- On the top-left corner of the homepage, kindly click on “Diploma Registration (2022-23)”.
- Thereafter, create new user credentials by providing all the details asked.
- Navigate back to the homepage.
- Find the ‘Sign In’ form on the top-right corner of the homepage.
- Insert Email/Candidate ID, Password, and Captcha to login.
- Fill up the PMSSS 2022 registration form and take a PDF printout for future reference.
TO KNOW MORE ABOUT PMSSS 2022, PLEASE CLICK HERE!
Is document verification necessary for selection for PMSSS 2022?
Yes, documents verification at facilitation centres created by J & K and Ladakh governments is completely necessary for selection for PMSSS.
Is online counselling mandatory for students under PMSSS 2022?
Yes, it is 100% mandatory for all the students to attend the online counselling process to avail the benefits under PMSSS 2022. For medical students, NEET counselling is also mandatory.
Can I edit my application for PMSSS 2022?
Yes! However, only the officers at facilitation centres can edit the online application form. Candidates will be required to produce original documents in support of their claim/request for the editing of the application.