New Delhi, 8 September 2021 – The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has started the online registration for the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) for Class 12 pass students of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh. This scholarship scheme has been made available for the academic year 2021-22. All interested and eligible students from both these states can register for the special scholarship scheme by visiting the official website – https://www.aicte-india.org/bureaus/jk/2021-2022.
Confirming the same, AICTE has tweeted, “Special #Scholarship Scheme (SSS) for the #students of UTs of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. Online registration for Academic Session 2021-22 under SSS J&K and Ladakh is being opened w.e.f. 6th September 2021 for 10+2 students.”
AICTE Scholarship for J&K, Ladakh – Important Dates
|Application open for Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) 2021-22||6th September 2021|
|Last date for registration||15th September 2021|
AICTE Scholarship for J&K, Ladakh – Notification Details
A notification to this effect was issued by AICTE on its social media page wherein the details of eligibility criteria, courses, and others have been provided.
- The scholarship scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to help students of Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh to pursue undergraduate studies in colleges outside the Union Territories.
- Only those students who have passed Class 12 from the Jammu and Kashmir board or the CBSE board in Jammu in the 2019-20 and 2020-21 academic years can apply for the scholarship.
- The students have to visit the nearest facilitation cum verification centre for document verification from 10th September 2021. AICTE has added the list of verification/facilitation centres on its JK-PMSSS website.
- A total of 5000 students from twin UTs will be selected under the scheme for various technical and non-technical courses.
- Out of these 5000 seats for two UTs, 2830 seats would be allotted for professional courses including Engineering, Pharmacy, Nursing, Hotel Management, Architecture, etc. 100 seats would be allotted for Medical, BDS and equivalent courses while 2070 seats would be allocated to candidates under general degree courses.
- For general degree courses, the academic fee of up to Rs 30,000 will be payable to the institution per annum.
- For professional, engineering and other technical courses, a fee of up to Rs 1.25 lakh will be paid to the college.
- For Medical, BDS and equivalent courses, a fee of up to Rs. 3 lakhs will be given to the colleges by the scholarship committee.
- Fresh students admitted in the academic session 2021-22 will be paid maintenance allowance from the date of joining the institute.
- A maintenance allowance to the tune of Rs 1 lakh will be paid to the students per annum in 10 equal instalments to cover hostel, mess, books, stationery and other incidentals.
- Admissions will be provided in leading institutions and universities of the country.
- If the student is studying through online mode from J&K/ Ladakh, he or she will be paid Rs 20,000 per semester.
- The students staying in hostels/PGs will be paid based on the certification by the Principal of the College/Institute.
How to Apply for AICTE Scholarship for J&K, Ladakh?
The Class 12 pass out students from Jammu and Kashmir board or the CBSE board in Jammu in 2019-20 and 2020-21 academic years can apply for this scholarship following the below-mentioned steps:
1. Visit the official AICTE website
2. Click on the ‘PMSSS 2021-22 Registration’ tab
3. Click on the tab ’12th Registration (2021-22)’
4. Fill in all the required details and click on Register
5. After registration, sign in by using email ID and password
6. Complete all the details, upload the required images and submit the form