SJE Scholarship Portal is a state-level online portal for the students of Rajasthan to provide the access to the scholarship schemes offered by the Social Justice and Empowerment Department of Rajasthan. The portal primarily focuses on the educational upliftment of students belonging to SC, ST, OBC, EBC, SBC and DNT category.
LATEST UPDATE: The application deadline for Post Matric Scholarships 2019-20 has been extended till 31st October 2019. Visit the SJE portal to know more.
SJE Scholarship Portal – What it is?
The SJE Scholarship portal not only enlists the information of all the scholarships but also provides an online application system for paperless applications. What does this portal contain? What are facilities that you, as a student can avail? Which are the scholarships that you should focus on? You will get all these answers in the article further. This article contains in-depth information about the portal that will turn out very helpful for you.
SJE – Key Scholarships to Look For
Which are the scholarships available for students at SJE scholarship portal? When can you apply for these scholarships? What kind of financial assistance is given to students under such scholarships? Get an answer to all your questions in the table given below. It contains the detailed list of scholarships that are being run by the Social Justice and Empowerment Department, their tentative application period and award details.
Also Read: Top scholarships for students of Rajasthan
List of key SJE scholarships to look for
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Application Period*||Awards|
|1.||Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC Students, Rajasthan||December to January||Maintenance allowance, cost of the study tour, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees, book allowance, etc.|
|2.||Dr. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Students, Rajasthan||December to January||Maintenance allowance, cost of the study tour, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees, book allowance, etc.|
|3.||Post Matric Scholarship for SBC Students, Rajasthan||December to January||Maintenance allowance, cost of the study tour, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees, book allowance, etc.|
|4.||Ambedkar International Scholarship Scheme for SC Students, Rajasthan||April to May||Financial assistance of up to INR 25.00 Lakh per annum|
|5.||Ambedkar Fellowship Scheme for SC Students, Rajasthan||April to May||INR 15000 per month|
SJE Scholarships – Eligibility
Who can apply for the scholarships that are being offered by SJE Department? Are there any special conditions that one needs to follow to be eligible for these scholarships? If yes, then what are those conditions? The answer to all your questions is given in the table below which contains the detailed eligibility conditions that you need to fulfil to avail these scholarships. However, the key eligibility condition that is mandatory for all the schemes is that you should be a permanent resident of Rajasthan or hold the domicile of the state.
Detailed eligibility for SJE scholarships
|1.||Post-Matric & CM Scholarship, Rajasthan||
|2.||Dr. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Students, Rajasthan||
|3.||Post Matric Scholarship for SBC Students, Rajasthan||
|4.||Ambedkar International Scholarship Scheme for SC Students, Rajasthan||
|5.||Ambedkar Fellowship Scheme for SC Students, Rajasthan||
SJE Scholarships – Application Process
How can you apply for scholarships that are being offered by the Social Justice and Empowerment Department? What are the steps to be followed to apply for the scholarships through the SJE portal? These are some obvious questions that may occur in your mind while discussing the portal. The answer to your question is given hereunder. Here is a step-by-step guide of how can you apply for a scholarship through SJE. Following these steps, you can apply for any of the above-mentioned scholarships.
Step 1 – Registering with SJE
- Visit the official website.
- Click on “New Scholarship Portal”.
- Click on “Sign-Up/Register” button.
- You will be redirected to Rajasthan Single Sign-On page. Click on “Citizen” tab.
- Select any one from the options – Bhamashah, Aadhaar, Facebook, Google+ or Twitter to start the registration.
- Continue to register through your respective option chosen.
- Create your SSOID and password and register.
Step 2 – Logging into your SJE account
- Visit the sign-in page of Rajasthan Single Sign-On.
- Log in using your SSOID (digital identity) and password.
Step 3 – Applying for the scholarship
- Once you are logged in, you need to update your profile by filling in all the necessary information.
- The moment you update your information, you will be directed to the user dashboard containing various digital options for you.
- Select the “Scholarships” option to enter the scholarship application.
- A dialogue box will appear asking – “How would you like to register yourself?” Click on “Student” and proceed for the scholarship application.
- Fill in all required information and upload the supporting documents.
- Finally, submit the application. (Note: Ascertain that you have entered the correct information in the application before submitting it).
Note: Make sure that you update your Bhamashah ID to apply for the scholarship. Otherwise, the scholarship application will not open.
SJE Scholarship Portal – Key Features
The use of SJE portal is not just limited to the scholarship application. It serves various other purposes too with its enormous features. Yes, once you get registered with SJE, you can avail numerous benefits. Some of its key features that can draw your attention include –
- Once you have applied for the scholarship, you track its application status through this portal.
- It also allows you to keep track of all your transactions.
- You can even carry out bill payment of water, electricity, landline and mobile through this portal.
- You also get quick access to various electronic facilities like e-learning, e-library, e-mitra reports, E-bazaar, etc.
The Social Justice and Empowerment Department (SJE) of the Government of Rajasthan runs various scholarship programme for the socio-economic welfare and development of people belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Economically Backward Classes (EBC), Special Backward Classes (SBC), specially-abled, aged citizens and women. To stay in line with its objective, the department has launched its online portal – SJE, for the residents of Rajasthan. The portal carries every whereabout regarding the schemes run by the state government.
SJE Scholarships – Contact Details
In case you have any query regarding any Rajasthan scholarship information or its application process, feel free to contact the Social Justice and Empowerment Department, Government of Rajasthan through your respective district office of SJED or email at – email@example.com