The National Testing Agency (NTA) has initiated the application process for the entrance test of the PM Young Achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India (PM YASASVI Scheme 2023). Formulated by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (Govt. of India), under this scheme, 30,000 meritorious students will receive awards.
The students belonging to the Other Backward Classes (OBC), Economically Backward Classes (EBC), and De-Notified, Nomadic & Semi Nomadic Tribes (DNT) categories stand a chance to win scholarships ranging from INR 75,000 to INR 1, 25,000 per year.
To know more about the PM YASASVI Scheme like its eligibility, entrance test date, and application process, read ahead.
Latest Update – The last date to apply for PM YASASVI Scheme 2023 has been extended till August 17, 2023.
PM YASASVI Scheme 2023 – What is PM YASASVI Scheme?
PM Young Achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India for OBCs and others (PM –YASASVI)’ is an umbrella scheme to provide financial assistance to students belonging to OBC, EBC and DNT categories. The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJE) implements the scheme with the help of state governments and the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
Students with a family annual income of less than INR 2.5 lakh can apply for the scholarship. The scholarship scheme is available only for Indian students from any domicile (State/Union territory to which the applicant belongs) and is awarded by the Central government.
The scholarship is awarded at two levels:
- For candidates studying Class 9 – INR 75,000 per year
- For candidates studying in Class 11 – INR 1,25,000 per year
PM YASASVI Scheme 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
For securing a seat at the YASASVI entrance test 2023, the applicants must follow the below highlighted criteria.
- Applicants must be Indian Nationals
- Candidates must belong to OBC, EBC or DNT category
- Applicants must have passed Class 8 or Class 10 (as the case may be) during the academic year 2022-23
- The annual income of their parents/guardians from all sources should exceed INR 2.5 lakh
- Candidates applying for Class 9 exams should have been born between April 1, 2007 and March 31, 2011 (both days inclusive)
- Candidates applying for Class 11 exams should have been born between April 1, 2005 and March 31, 2009 (both days inclusive)
- Both boys and girls are eligible to apply and the requirements are the same for all.
PM YASASVI Scheme 2023 – Entrance Test Key Dates
|Application Start Date||11 July 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||17 August 2023 (up to 11:50 PM)|
|Date for Correction in Application Form||12 August 2023 to 18 August 2023|
|Date of the Entrance Test||29 September 2023 (Friday)|
|Exam Duration||2.5 hours|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Pattern of the Examination||Objective type comprising 100 multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
|Exam Cities||78 cities across India|
|Exam Fee||No exam fee|
|Helpline Numbers for NTA||011-40759000, 011-6922 7700 (from 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM)|
PM YASASVI Scheme 2023 – How to Apply?
Here is how candidates can apply for the YASASVI entrance test 2023:
- Visit the official page of the YASASVI scheme at: yet.nta.ac.in
- On the left side of the page find the registration link and click on ‘New Candidate Register Here‘
- After registering online, note down the system-generated Application Number. This will be required to complete the remaining steps of the form and for all future reference/correspondence.
- The candidates can now log in with the system-generated Application Number and Password for completing the application form, including filling up personal details, applying for the particular class exam, choosing the examination cities, etc.
- Submit the application form after carefully entering all the details
- Download the YASASVI scheme application form for future reference
PM YASASVI Scheme 2023 – FAQs
How can I apply for the PM YASASVI Scheme 2023 scholarship?
Students of Class 9 and Class 11, belonging to the Other Backward Classes (OBC), Economically Backward Classes (EBC), and De-Notified, Nomadic & Semi Nomadic Tribes (DNT) categories can apply for the scholarships under the PM YASASVI Scheme 2023. The candidates will be required to clear an entrance test called the YASASVI test, which will be conducted on 29 September 2023 (for this year). Eligible candidates can apply for the test through the website of the National Testing Agency. The last date of application is 17 August 2023 (till 11.50 PM).
What is the eligibility criteria for the PM YASASVI Scheme 2023?
Indian students of Class 9 and Class 11 belonging to the OBC, EBC and DNT categories can earn the scholarship under the PM YASASVI Scheme after clearing an entrance test called the YASASVI Test. The applicants should have passed Class 8 or Class 10 (as the case may be) during the academic year 2022-23 and should have an annual family income of not more than Rs. 2.5 lakh from all sources. Both boys and girls are eligible to apply and the eligibility requirements are the same for all genders.
What is the PM YASASVI Scheme 2023?
PM Young Achievers Scholarhip Award Scheme for Vibrant India for OBCs and others (PM –YASASVI) is an umbrella scheme for OBCs, EBCs and DNTs. It is a central sector scheme for providing financial assistance to Class 9 and Class 11 students belonging to these categories. The applicants whose family’s annual income does not exceed Rs 2.5 lakh can apply for the scholarship. The scholarship under the scheme is available for only Indian students and is awarded by the govt. of the state/union territory to which the applicant belongs, i.e, where she/he is domiciled.
What is the scholarship amount provided under the PM YASASVI Scheme?
Under the PM YASASVI scheme, an amount of Rs 75,000 per year is granted to Class 9 students, and an amount of Rs 1,25,000 per year is provided to Class 11 students.