New Delhi, 3 January 2022 – The registration for the National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) 2021-22 for the state of Madhya Pradesh has started today. Under this scholarship scheme, the state government is offering financial aid to meritorious students belonging to the economically weaker sections of the society. The main objective of the MP government through this scholarship is to reduce the rate of dropout students (commonly seen after class 8) and encourage them to continue their studies.
Students interested to apply for the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme will have to register for the financial opportunity exam online through the official website – https://www.mponline.gov.in/portal/. The registration window will remain open till 22nd January 2022. The shortlisted students will get the scholarship amount of INR 12,000 per year.
MP National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship – Important Dates
|Release of NMMS application form||3rd January 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||22nd January 2022|
|Issuance of admit card||2nd week of February|
|Scholarship selection exam date||18th February 2022|
|Declaration of Madhya Pradesh NMMS Result||To Be Announced|
MP National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship – Scholarship Selection Test Details
- As per recent reports, the students of government, government-aided and other state-level schools will be eligible to participate in the examination.
- Students from Classes 9 to 12 can appear for the scholarship selection test.
- While there is no particular curriculum/syllabus for the scholarship selection examination, the question papers will be set based on Class 7 and 8’s curriculum.
- The scholarship selection test is scheduled to be conducted on 18th February 2022.
- The exam will be conducted in both English and Hindi medium.
- The exam will be divided into two slots – MAT and SAT. Each slot will be of 90 minutes and will have 90 questions each.
- Of the 90 questions, 35 questions will be of Science, 35 questions will be of Social Science, and the remaining 20 questions will be of Mathematics.
MP National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
There are a few specific eligibility criteria that applicants must go through before applying for this scholarship to avoid cancellation of their applications.
- The applicant must be a citizen of Madhya Pradesh
- In class 8th, they need to secure at least 55% marks to apply for the scholarship
- Students of Classes 9 and 11 will have to secure 55% in their final academic exams
- A relaxation of 5% marks will be given to SC/ST category students
- The family income of the applicant should not be more than 1.5 lakh per year from all sources
- For continuation of the scholarship, the applicants must get 60% or more marks in the Class 10th board
- Applicants need to be regularly present in their classes
- Reservation done under the program is based on state government norms
- Students from KVS, Sainik Schools, and other private schools are not eligible to apply
- The selection procedure will be done at the state level by the Central Government agency
MP National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship – How to Apply?
Interested and eligible candidates must follow the below steps to apply for the scholarship scheme:
- Visit the official website of MP NMMS
- Click on the online application link
- Fill in the form and submit it
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference
Also check: NSP National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme