NSP National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 01-11-2022 Posted By : Salma
NSP National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022-23 is an initiative for students enrolled in Class 9 in Government, Government-aided, and local body schools. The scholarship is being offered by the Department of School Education and Literacy, Government of India. The scheme aims at providing financial assistance to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections to detain their dropout at Class 8 and encourage them to continue studies at the secondary stage. The selected candidates will receive a scholarship of INR 12,000 per annum.
NSP National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022-23
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be enrolled in Class 9 in Government, Government-aided, and local body schools
- have secured at least 55% of marks or equivalent grades in Class 9 and 10 (Note - Relaxable by 5% for SC/ST students.)
- have an annual family income of less than INR 3.5 lakh from all sources
Note - The scholarship is applicable for continuation/renewal in Class 10 and 12 for study in Government/Government-aided/local body schools.
A total of 1 lakh scholarships will be disbursed under this scheme. The selected scholars will receive INR 12,000 per annum (INR 1,000 per month).
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner' and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Now click on 'Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23'.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Closing Date: 15th November 2022
Last date for defect verification: 30th November 2022
Last date for Institute verification: 30th November 2022
Each State/UT will conduct a test at the stage of Class 8 for the selection of students for the award of the scholarship. The state Level Examination may consist of the following two tests -
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
The duration of each test will be 90 minutes. Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
Terms and Conditions
- A student can avail only one Scholarship under any Central Govemment Scholarship scheme.
- The awardees will be required to open bank accounts preferably in SBI/any public sector bank or any scheduled bank which provides core banking facilities.
- No scholarship will be available for studies abroad for any course.
- No claim for scholarship arrears will be entertained after the expiry of 12 months of the academic session for which one has applied for the claim.
- In case any awardee leaves the course of study within one month of registration/admission, no scholarship shall be paid to them.
- The student must join the next class/desired course within 3 months of the declaration of the result of the previous class/course.
- The scholarship will be discontinued if any gap of one academic session occurs in studies at any time due to any reason.
- The scholarship once discontinued on the basis of the rules of disbursement of scholarship cannot be revived under any circumstances.
- All rules are subject to change from time to time, as and when required, which will be binding on all awardees.
- For continuing the scholarship in class X and XII, the awardees should get clear promotion from class IX to class X and from class XI to class XII in the first attempt.
- If any student's application is marked fake by the District Nodal officer (DNo)/ state Nodal officer (SNO), the application against the said Institute/School may be put on hold until re-verification is complete.
- The State Bank of India disburses the scholarship to students in their accounts through PFMS (Public Finance Management System).
- Reservations are applicable as per state government norms.
- For renewal/continuation of the scholarship in Class 10 and 12, the awardees are required to get clear promotion from class 9 to 10 and from class 11 to 12 in the first attempt with 55% marks. (Note - Relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
- For continuation of scholarship at the higher secondary stage (class 10), the awardees must obtain a minimum of 60% marks in class 10 (Note - Relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
Note - For more information, kindly refer to the 'Scholarship Guidelines' document.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by July, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by Nisha Ade on 05-Jan-2022
s akhil on 10-Jan-2022
Kindly confirm the scholarship name so that we can assist you better.
#NSP Mean Cum Merit Scholarship , I'm currently studying in class 9th but I didn't study class 8th. So, what I fill in class 8th marksheet?
Asked by FATIMA Sheikh on 27-Dec-2021
s akhil on 19-Jan-2022
To be eligible for NSP National Means Cum Merit Scholarship, you need to have secured at least 55% marks or equivalent grades in the Class 8 examination. Also, you need to have secured at least 55% of marks or equivalent grade in Class 7 examination to appear for the selection test for the award of scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more