Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24 is a CSR initiative of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) to provide financial assistance to underprivileged students pursuing engineering courses at specified 20 NITs across India and encourage them to pursue their higher studies, gain self-confidence, achieve independence and become employable.
This article offers detailed information about the Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24 in terms of its application process, eligibility, documentation, and other needful information. Read further to have a detailed understanding of this scholarship and its application process.
Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24 – An Overview
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is a central public sector enterprise in India that operates under the purview of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. As India’s second-largest government-owned downstream oil producer, BPCL manages three refineries located in Bina, Kochi, and Mumbai.
The table given below consists of the essential details about the scholarship program for a quick reference.
Detailed Overview of Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24
|Name of the Scholarship||Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24|
|Provider Detail||Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)|
|Scholarship Type||Merit and means based|
|Eligibility||Students enrolled in engineering courses (any year) in the academic year 2023-24 at any of the specified 20 NITs across India are eligible. Applicants must have scored at least 55% marks in Class 12 examination. The annual family income of the applicants should be less than INR 8 lakh from all sources.|
|Award||One-time fixed scholarship of INR 50,000|
|Last Date to Apply*||September 30, 2023|
|Application Mode||Online through Buddy4Study portal|
*The application deadline mentioned above is tentative and may change at the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24 – Key Dates
Now, with this brief piece of information, it is important to have knowledge of some other details. But before referring to them, the candidates are necessarily required to keep track of the important dates of application to this scholarship programme. The applications for Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24 are currently open. The last date to submit the application forms is September 30, 2023.
Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24 – Eligibility
- Open for engineering students (any year).
- Must be enrolled in any of the following 20 NITs across India in the academic year 2023-24:
- NIT Warangal
- MNIT Jaipur
- NIT Trichy
- NIT Calicut
- SVNIT Surat
- VNIT Nagpur
- NIT Kurukshetra
- MNIT Allahabad
- NIT Surathkal
- NIT Jalandhar
- NIT Patna
- NIT Goa
- MANIT Bhopal
- NIT Jamshedpur
- NIT Raipur
- NIT Rourkela
- NIT Durgapur
- NIT Silchar
- NIT Meghalaya
- NIT Agartala
- Must have scored at least 55% marks in Class 12 examination.
- Annual family income of the applicants should be less than INR 8 lakh.
- Students already receiving scholarships from other sources are not eligible
- Preference will be given to SC/ST/OBC/Women candidates
One-time fixed scholarship of INR 50,000
Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24 – Application Process
Eligible candidates can apply for the Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24 online by following the steps mentioned below –
- Visit the official scholarship page.
- Read all the details carefully and Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective category of scholarship.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land on the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile number/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘ Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24 – Key Documents
The applicants are required to attach the following documents:
- Marksheet of Class 12
- Previous year marksheets
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card/Voter ID card/driving license/PAN card, etc.)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Letter of recommendation from the college authority (duly signed and stamped)
- SC/ST/OBC certificate issued by authorized personnel (if applicable)
- Family income proof (ITR Form-16/income certificate from competent government authority/salary slips)
- Certificate of disability (for students with disabilities)
- Bank account details of the applicant (bank passbook/cancelled cheque)
- Recent passport size photograph
The selection of scholars for the Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24 will be made on the basis of their academic merit and financial background. It involves a multi-stage process as detailed below –
- Shortlisting of candidates based on the eligibility criteria
- Telephonic interview of the shortlisted candidates followed by document verification
- Final selection of scholars
In case one has any queries related to this scholarship programme, its eligibility, the application process, award details, or selection process, one is requested to connect through the email id given below –
Phone: 011-430-92248 (Ext-321)